"Whatever you say, Master!" -- talking pets?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Aurelis, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

[p]I was in a group, and when one of the mobs said something, it made me think... "Hey, what if Harvey (my pet) talked?!" Now, not all the time, but just every once and a while, they'd say a little quip... Here are a few I thought up as examples: Non-fighter pet takes damage: "Ouch!" "They're hitting me, Master! Help!" Owner takes damage, which makes pet auto-attack: "You're going to regret that." Sent after a red mob: "Are you sure about this?" "Oh, this is going to hurt a lot, I just know it!" Mob dies: "Hah! That'll teach you to mess with the Master." (for you feminists, a possibility of Master/Mistress?) (necro pet) "See you when my service is done. (action: /wink)" Pet dies: "I have failed." "I'm sorry, Master." "Ohh, I'll be back, and you'll be sorry!" [/p][hr] And maybe random slash-actions... /yawn and /stretch and stuff. I don't know, just some fluff things to make the pets seem a little more alive. As it is, Harvey just kills stuff, dies, and follows (or stays if he's told). He's obedient, but a terrible conversationalist! Another thought, while it's on my mind... In MUDs, if you action at NPCs and mobs (for example, kiss them), they might slap you for it. And thus concludes my rambling... thank you and have a nice day. :p [p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-EQ2Playa432 Guest

Pets in EQ1 talked....that got annoying after something like "yes, master, attacking" for the 324th time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hannalynn Guest

I agree, it was very annoying, and will likely be again. I'm very happy with my silent pet, but as some people do think it's a cool thing, perhaps if they implemented it, it could be something you could toggle.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Oh, I totally understand... I played a game a while back where the little pets talked constantly until I just 'accidentally' had it killed by a mob. *lol* A toggle is good... /pet ducttape, mebbe. But certainly not every time, that'd kill the fun. Just an every once and a while quip, like how the attackable mobs don't often say anything, but they DO talk.
  5. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Aurelis@The Bazaar wrote:
    [size="xx-large"]:D[/size]
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I tell you what, I sure miss Voice Graft from EQ1.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jiwi Guest

[p]I loved voice graft! I used to go to the newbies areas and my pet would (I was a Beastlord, nice big tiger) beg to eat them. Too much fun![/p][p] Thanks,[/p][p]Jiwi[/p][p]AB[/p][p] [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Duskwood Guest

the SK pets talk. Ours should. I was grouped with an SK, killing some grinnin savages in nektulos, all of a sudden his pet says "you have such lovely eyes" (no im not joking). I had to point it out to him, which immediately resulted in a "WTF?!" and much laughter to be had. Was funny :D