What UI Mod is a must

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by trixster, Aug 4, 2015.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

How many times is one person supposed to do this, before one realises one is pi**ing into the wind ?
    Seefar likes this.
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

With reference to the XP bar in the default UI, I tend to agree with you. But then I haven't seen that cursed bar for years; I hid it a long time back (and haven't missed it).

I don't get lost in (most) mazes by using the almost infallible 'follow the left hand wall' technique:
    At the entrance, follow the left hand wall wherever it takes you; you will reach another exit (or the entrance if there is only one). If at any point you get disoriented, or the way ahead is blocked by lots of teeth and fangs and things, then pick another direction, drop a marker (if you have one) and then continue to follow the left hand wall; if you return to your marker, you're in a loop, so turn around and follow the left hand wall (now the other wall) again.

@ Charlice, Rhodris (and, I know, many others), I'd wager that for most (though, I grant you, not all) in your shoes the reason you have trouble with maps or finding your own way is... simply that you're convinced you have a problem. May I suggest that you take the advice I was given many moons ago: when you get to a new valley or mountaintop or some other place that doesn't look familiar, turn around and look at the view before continuing on. Everything looks different from the other side. I admit that it doesn't come easily; it's the slow way, not the fast one, but even if this doesn't help you to find your own way around a place without using maps, you'll be rewarded with a plethora of vistas you would otherwise have missed :)
    Charlice likes this.
  3. KhaineUK Active Member

I would have to agree that EQ2Maps is a must, mostly because it will give you maps for zones that don't actually have maps... and that really, really helps (and I played for years without it).

Other than that, I don't think anything is a "must." Except maybe getting rid of the XP bar. ;)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That never happens. I have made a number of corrections to POIs. EQ2Maps is a volunteer effort purely. If players using Maps don't fix the problems, typos, and out-of-date stuff., no one will.
  5. Bashem Well-Known Member

A couple of screenshots with my DrumsUI and EQ2Maps which I dont know how to play game without them installed.

[IMG]

[IMG]