What to have researched

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-colonel75thr, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-colonel75thr Guest

I had posted this on another board, you know which one, to which it got ugly for no reason. So I will ask here:

With research assistants in game now, which spells/CA's will you get upgraded first?
    For my first I went with Sack. It was a big damage upgrade from the Ad3. I also looked at doing hurricane first since it would take less time but wasn't sure if it was worth the upgrade.
    What do you all think? What are the first 5 you will do, and why?
  2. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

It really depends on what your missing, your crit chance and casting order. I would just go by whatever is the highest DPS, the majority of them are only about a 150-200 damage increase from Expert>Master.
    If you have agro issues research your deagros first (Avoid, Shadow Slip, Evade).
    Assuming no (or almost no) masters this would be my order:

1. On Guard (if you have the enhancement AAs)
    2. Kidney Stab (assuming you didnt take as your 75 M2)
    3. Flash of Steel (Fast recast)
    4. Daring Advance (proc)
    5. Inspired Daring (if you have high crit chance now with enhancement AAs)
    6. Viscerate
    7. Snap of the Wrist
    8. Dashing Swathe
    9. Lucky Gambit
    10. Razor Edge
    11. Hamstring (fast recast, high crit makes it decent damage)
    12. Flurry of Blades
    13. Lung Bleed
    14. All the Rest....
  3. ARCHIVED-Luag Guest

I did ruthless cunning, was never going to find the master any other way, only takes 7 days
  4. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Luag wrote:
    This is the one I went for, only because I'm almost fully mastered out, except for our useless 20 second non-epic mez and our ranged CA Storm of ****. Neither of those two combat arts are even worth wasting T8 loams on to get adept 3s made of them so you can eventually get them mastered for free via the Research Assistant. Heck, even if they dropped in an instance as Smart Loot (TM) for me, they are only worth reselling for 10p on the broker or getting them muted for a chance at a mana.
  5. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

I'm doing Adventurous Advance then Ruthless Cunning then Eye Point, I think i'm done with the swashy after those three. /cheer
    already have it, but I would definately get hurricane to M1 in the top few spots.

I have a level 42 Inqu locked at the ent to DVinn's Throne, and 2 box that run as much as I can find the time. About 18 or so runs and only got 6 equisites and no Ruthless Cunning amoung them. For this very reason of maintaing my sanity, I totally welcome the RA to the game.
  6. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

I started Adventurous Advance within five minutes of logging in after the patch.
    I was thinking of Ruthless Cunning next, especially since it's so short. However, I haven't considered or calculated Hurricane. I will have to do some math on that.
    I had a thread on that other board recently semi-related to this topic that got hilarious. I wouldn't worry about people who's egos are built on how much time they play a game.
  7. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Definitely Adventurous Advance first (if you don't have it already). After that I will personally be doing (old names used since that is what I have memorized currently):
    Insight
    On Guard
    Ruthless Cunning
    Sack
    Bedazzling Steel
    Hurricane
    Spurious Bravado
    Swathe
    Just my opinion of course.
  8. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

Concering Bravado, iirc master false is 60% and master spurious is 69% attack speed. the other parts of the buff are the same. I guess that little extra boost could help, but i wish it was more of an upgrade.
  9. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

BaronVonPitviper wrote:
    True. I hadn't even really looked deeply at it. I will probably swap that and swathe around.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kidou Guest

Hurricane is on my top spot currently. It's Masters where being sold for waaay too much. (300 plat or more.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Desna_Venekor Guest

wow, 300p? I got mine for 20p, and there were 3 others up when I checked for under 50 on Venekor.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kidou Guest

Desna_Venekor wrote:
    Guess it's just my server then. XD
    Seems like all Swash masters on my server are being sold for obscene prices. (On Lucan D'lere)
  13. ARCHIVED-Elcarp Guest

Except for the one master I've looted so far, I have had adept III's (now expert) made of all my arts and abilities once they wouldn't be upgraded again. Now, with the help of the research assistant, I'll have all masters about a year from now...
  14. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

I did Ruthless cunning first just for the quick turnaround, then started on hurricane because I got tired of looking for a good master version. After that I'll have to consider what would be next.
  15. ARCHIVED-Creadance Guest

I started with Ruthless Cunning just becouse it only took 7 days.
    Working on Adventurous Advance now.
    Next one will be Dashing Swathe AOE for the win in raids (already have Hurrican mastered)
    I only have 7 more to go and thinking of the following and in order.
    Spurious Bravado
    Hamstring
    Devious Blade
    Evade
    Shadow Slip
    Fancy Footwork
    Storm of Steel
    Now granted I will most likely buy most of them or find/win them from the raid guild I am in.