what support to play ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Warlyx, May 8, 2020.

1. Warlyx Active Member

want to lvl a support class and wondering wich class to choose , i wont raid just casual stuff

illusionist : its cool that it has a pet (wand pets works?) , and colorfull spells , dislike that almost all the support is for "other" and not usable on myself , how truth is that? i guess i can use it on merc / pet

dirge : i like to play melee too,mostly passive buffs with some timed buffs (CoB ect) , tons of drains health skills ,and rez, better solo?

troubador : ppl say that has better dps than dirge? , looks like has mostly spells with some CA . charm :D, never played it but its fun?

how different is dirge / troub gameplay wise? one has more melee the other more ranged (voice attacks?) , looks like troub has ton of green attacks , 1 powerfull blue tho

just want a class to have fun solo and maybe someday do some grouping w/o being carried , i guess even undergeared i will feel usefull :D
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Well, definitely as a support role you would probably have a better chance grouping with a bit less gear. I don't know much about illusionists, though I know at high levels they can be useful. Between dirge and troub, think of the dirge as someone who can support dps of melee types and also rez/clear rez sickness. Troubs give a big boost to casting groups. I'll leave any more info to folks who know more :)
    Warlyx likes this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

Illy's (powerfeeds) are in short supply at endgame. Every group needs one. Some troubs are running powerfeed specs as well. Tanks & dps like dirges for the melee buffs. Caster like troubs for their buffs.
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

Let us not forget the importance of ascension abilities even to melee classes. A dirge supports traditional melee skills and a troubadour supports traditional caster activities but doesn't a troubadour add more to all classes use of ascensions? At least the ones that give spells like etherialist which may be the most popular ascension class.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

You can cast buffs on yourself, but some aren't helpful for the class and there's a limit like there is for dirge/trouby.
    Yes, the petamorph wands work on your pet.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Warlyx Active Member

i see thanks everyone atm leveling a illu and trouby to see wich one i find more fun ^^