what songs do you use in groups?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-iscariotVS, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-iscariotVS Guest

Just thought id start this to see what kind of songs were all using in groups atm, as well to see if some mixes of songs are better using than others.

I generally use merciless melody all the time and then rousing tune as i find the buffs can still be quite handy.

The tricky part tohugh is what to choose next. I was using songsters luck quite a lot but i heard it was nerfed. So for the other 2 conc points i was thinking of using crypts quiet and then the other one free for brias or reproaching disacante. Trouble is im not sure if crypts quiet actually has any noticeable benefit tbh - anyone out there using it and finding it useful?
  2. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Crypt Quiet is good at what it does, disease damage proc. During a given combat, it procs regularly enough, somewhere in the 40-60 range per proc. The higher the con of the target the lower the chance I see procs.

Songs are situational, if you are in a group that is melee heavy, sure use Merciless, but if caster heavy, there are more appropriate songs to utilize.

I flop out (twist) songs depending on the situation as well during combat. I just wish there was a better way to turn off songs. =p
  3. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I almost always end up using Merciless Melody, Crypt's Quiet, Harl's Quickening Euphony, and Bria's.

Message Edited by Avocet on 12-08-2004 09:29 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Glemo Guest

I most of the time use Harls quickening euphony/merciless melody/bria's ballad/Clara's cacaphony

on the crypts quit, its a usefull spell but i think that the clara's cacaphony has a better effect and does overall more dmg then the proc, i didnt see it proc alot. Do you have it on adept or not ?
  5. ARCHIVED-Yarghon Guest

does Harl not stack with Rousing Tune? reportedly the troubadours special group stats buff (raxxyls) stacks with rousing tune - maybe a bug.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Harl and Rousing Tune DO NOT stack. You can fire them both off and they will take up concentration but if you pull up your stats and fire them up you will see that if you have Harls up and then starting Rousing Tune your stats will not go up on the second one.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yarghon Guest

sounds like then it is another big thing to consider when deciding between Dirge and Troub..at least as long as the stacking in the case of troubs is no bug (aka will get fixed soon) and instead intended.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meadsong Guest

Crypt's Quiet. Unless I am confusing this with another song I didn't even realize this had a proc component. This is the poison/desiese resist song, yes? A proc componet, huh. Great - I'll look out for this. Thus far I been mostly singing it just before I set of, erm, I mean disarm a trap. Beauty of this is that I always get two explosions per chest :smileyhappy:.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Yeah Crypts Quiet has basically made it into my "always on" buff lineup. Its kinda weird how it works sometimes but it helps. Some fights I will see it go off 3 or 4 times. Then the next fight we are lucky if it goes off once. But it typically seems to go off for about 40-60 or so I think. So if it goes off 3 or 4 times in a fight thats a nice little damage increase overall for the group.

Right now I use Harls, Merciless Melody and CQ. I throw Bria's up from time to time but dont keep it up. I like to be able to use those debuffs that require temp concentration. When a fight starts up I usaully fire off at least 2-3 of the debuffs I have (im level 25 almost 26) and then start in to the damage.
    Message Edited by Tekkor on 12-10-2004 06:09 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I've been using dual wieghted spathas of battle, and I hit fast like a monk from EQLive. With me hitting that many times it's just that much more chance for me to proc Crypt's quiet. In a full group I see the green cloud more often than not.
  11. ARCHIVED-DOLPHYNN Guest

I liked Crypts Quiet so much I spent 10g to get a Palladium to make it Adept III.
  12. ARCHIVED-Glemo Guest

Weird, i only get it to proc 1 or 2 times every 6 battles.

You guys using adept 1 or apprentice 1 ?

Crypts quiet is not the disease/poison resist song. it are 2 different songs.
  13. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

No crypt's quiet is the Disease DD proc. I always have it up. I've dropped bria's now during fights in favor of clara's. Between fights I fire up bria's again. It's only mildly tedious, but the benefit from clara's during a fight warrants it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Warchant Guest

Generally I use Crypt's Quiet 99% of the time (remember, it's not just you that procs, it's the whole group), Bria's (because everyone needs power) and the rest are situational.