What software do people use to make videos in EQ2?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Okies to keep the requesting a video tour thread clean I have started this thread since Uwk asked a question about which software do we all use.

I use ezvid (ezvid.com) and I know Kianne uses it as well. I was going to try to make a video of how to do a video in eq2 but didn't get a chance before Kianne figured out without any help. I haven't found a way to get the in game sound to be recorded which means no guest tours. When I get some time I can learn a new software that will do everything I want it to.

I know Niboota uses Open Broadcaster Software(obsproject.com) which will probably be first software I look into to expand what I can do in videos.
  2. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

Jaz, Niboota, and myself use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) It's really simple to use one you learn how to use it, it takes trial and error but it was so easy!

You should look into it!
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I was about to ask the same question over here for those times when a screenshot just doesn't do the trick in an event or beta preview. I'll have to check this out when I can find more spoons.

Thanks!
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

I've just started playing around with this and have downloaded and started to use Hypercam 2 - it's free and I happen to like free.
    It's also very easy to use - with my mike and headphones I can narrate a video as well
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

I use OBS - it's ever so simple and easy to use - and also free!
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Could we possibly get a video tutorial for OBS like the one for EZVID that Ocarinah posted above? lol I'd like to learn it and start doing tours, but I'd like for Wiz (or whoever) to be able to do guest tours with me and I understand you can't do those with EZVID?

I'm such a tech dummy that I'm trying to learn how to do it on my own and I'm about to burst into tears from frustration. lol it's like trying to learn the layout editor all over again. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. kianne Well-Known Member

9. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thank you ever so much! You're the best! :)
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. kianne Well-Known Member

lol nahh i was intregued too as i needed something that i can use better than fps lol coz that seemed to save in gb not mb lol and i was been nosy with how to use it .... the first video the one u copied wass good and simple but the woman went way to fast for me , the second one i added i understood better as the guy was less airy fairy and more slower lol and i didnt need to stop and start to try and work out what he was doing , more clear and concise
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I had to use a video on youtube as well. I had creating a video about how to setup and use OBS Studio just like I did with EZVID but RL is getting in my way. I had a few other videos I wanted to do to help people doing videos out. Almost done...just did another one. Sorry it is taking me so long to get everything recorded. I will be updating this thread and a couple others so people can know what videos are out there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Here are the videos I have made to do video tours in EQ2 (will edit this when all videos have been completed).

How to use OBS Studio with EQ2

Find the OBS Studio software at: https://obsproject.com/download

Video I used to setup my OBS Studio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3HCnJ_SCI

*** Sorry if the timing is slightly off...there must be some setting in ezvid to change the speed of the audio so it matches up but I don't plan on using that software now that I have this video done.

13. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Just an update for my learning situation : I actually ended up not using either of them after trying to learn both. My bf set me up with doing them via Nvidia and walked me through how to do it, and then patiently taught me the basics of editing with Windows Movie Maker. IDK if my way is easier, but it sure was easier to learn with someone sitting right here beside me showing me what to do, and how to do it, than trying to watch tutorials. Some of them go way too fast, and I'm just sitting here like wait, ok, what was the first thing they said to do again? lol total tech dummy over here.
    I appreciate the tutorials being posted though, hopefully others who want to learn to do videos will find them helpful. Some of us need all the help we can get! :p
  14. kianne Well-Known Member

yeah my bf gave me fraps (yeah sounds painful i know but i got a cream for that LOL) anyhoo i digress lol i taught him how to use windows movie maker lol thats what i use now too to edit on lol :) so good for u :) ive yet to try obs ive got it set up how its explained and its working fine but the only thing i knoticed is the colours on my recording isnt as vibrant as my game :( but gfx are cool... just havent done anything bigger than 1 min to check it out sadly and i havent got a scooby on how to add the little window with the info in it yet! :(, only thing i cant seem to do on wmm is do a voice over like i can on ezvid which ive had to do on a couple of vids coz im such a noob i for got to switch my mic on ( on the mic) and spent 10 / 30 mins running aroung videoing only to find no voice ..durh me lol so ive edited it ezvid and watched it back and voiced over lol.. bit of a cheat i know but hay sods law with me lol
  15. Spextasy Well-Known Member

My bf actually tried to convince me to do the "tour now / narrate over it later" method, and I refused, I was like that's just cheating! Plus I want to be surprised and for my seeing stuff for the first time and my amazement to be as genuine as possible. (Unless it's that NotD zombie jumping out at me, then you're all gonna literally hear someone pee in their pants.) :p
  16. kianne Well-Known Member

lol i know what u mean ,, but some times it cant be helped :), when u have a forgetful brain like mine some times that helps to be all excited all over again lol then i can then some timesa recall how i felt when i did it the first time with out actualy recalling word for word, i tripple check my mic button now too lol... luckly its only been 2 so far but and waving me curser all over the place helps lol i betya cant tell which ones it was....( LOL
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and Niboota! She's exactly the same way with her videos; wants to get an honest reaction. ;->

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Spextasy like this.
  18. kianne Well-Known Member

what u see with mine is exactly what im like lol... im the same, when uve videoed it all honest to goodness genuine and then realised for like the second time u did some thing wrong and had to do it a third time the " huh seriously whats freeking wrong with you woman" ( at my self that is) im like i give up!!! for instance [farlows weaving home] that was a voice over... u try really hard to be all excited .. but hay at least u know whaere u been and what u seen so u can preempt a cool responce lol... i did do another video but nevr published it took me 45 mins and i was very much ooh ahhs and niceess then the upload crashed and i was like fluff that cba to redo it when i realised i didnt have the mic on grrr so i deleted it, and ill try again another day when im not so tied of seeing the same thing over lol
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There was one...wait two...houses during SSHHS that I probably recorded 7 times because I kept messing up. I have over 50 videos now and I still end up doing some multiple times but I have how to videos not just tours. I do want to have the first reaction but most houses I have toured at some point cuz I am a tour-a-holic. Any time I see someone asking people to tour I have a bad habit of dropping everything or writing info down to go see it. I will be soooo excited when everything is caught up cuz then it will be all new new new stuff to tour so people get to see what I am really like touring a house for the first time.
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

I agree with Uwk, honest reactions are the most fun for me to watch - I mess up quite often - not every single video but quite a few where I've been so excited about one thing in particular it's hard not to let it overshadow everything else. I must stop obsessing with calm pools trees for example heh. I tend to use the Youtube video editor to go back and insert any little bit I've missed - which is usually due to over excitement on my part:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.