What should I play next?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm already looking at a new character class. I'm going to stick with playing a mage but I'm not sure what to go with. A wizard? A illusionist? A coercer? Which has an active, fighting pet....best playable....is totally soloable to end game?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Coercers charm pets to fight (though they have some other tricks at higher levels).
    Illusionists have a fighting pet.
    Necromancer has a much better fighting pet.
    Conjurer also have a much better fighting pet.
    Wizard and Warlocks only get fluff pets.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Leloes like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not really into playing an evil character. I usually play neutral.....sometimes good.....so what is an illusionist like?
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Cragfire Well-Known Member

You may like Channeler, I know it's not a "mage" but it might as well be... and the pet is the toughest if AA specked for it. Going out and "acquiring" pet abilities, and customizing the appearance.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

What exactly is a channeler?
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  6. Cragfire Well-Known Member

A priest but has its own mechanic... Has a pet similar to the Conjurer but very different. the Pet attacks, guards just like a conjurer pet, but the "owner" can trigger abilities thru the pet... The fast cast and recast for the character is a blue-backed aoe.. caster uses a bow instead of wands..

I think you can still test run a level 95 class for free? Might be worth a day to check it out.. Will take some getting use too. I played one from level 1 up.. once you get your blue-back attack you pretty much power level yourself. I think I used station cash to unlock the class, can't remember.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....sounds interesting.....maybe I'll check it out.....
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

He has to first buy the Channeler class, if he didn't buy the expansion that it came in when it first came out. It's not an automatic class like most of them; like the Beastlord, it's a separate purchase.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Have to buy it? Ah....I see....so, what do you think about an illusionist?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

Whatever class you play, try to concentrate on this single class. Permanet switching between classes and playing 26 different toons is not very practicable within 24h of a single day ;)
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's primarily why I'm sticking with mages! I don't think I could play every single class because as you stated there are only 24 hours in a day! I'm only playing a warlock and a conjuror at the moment. I think I can handle one....maybe two more mages...which would you pick?
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

I main an illusionist and have a second account main with a conjy. I prefer the illy, especially with the ability to put AAs anywhere, giving you a way to stay alive easily. You don't get blue AoE spells, though, until you're in the 90s. That's the main downfall. Otherwise, it's a hardy class with all of it's mezzes, roots, stuns, blink, power feeds, AA heal.
    Momo, Juraiya, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm seriously thinking of giving an illusionist a try. They sound interesting....but I'll probably will wait until after the first of the year.....
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

I like Wizzy and Illy but I don't play my squishy's too often, I like fighter class much better :D
    Momo, Juraiya, Leloes and 2 others like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Once you get your subscription, you will be getting 500 DBCash per month, so I think the Channeler unlocks for 1000 DBCash. I love my channelers.

We may get lucky and they may have a holiday sale which might include the unlocks, I don't know about last year or the year prior, but the sale in 2016 did so I unlocked them AoD bundle for 2 of my other accounts.
    Momo, Dude, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

But they're so much fun!

That would be great if they did!
    Momo, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I seem to switch mains every year or two.. Love my wizard.. But now that Conjorers actually have elemental pets (like eq1 early days), the mage is just my main now. Specially with the petamorph wands and the old-school elemental blobs..
    Momo, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

It would seem that the other mages would have fighting pets, too.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with having a ton of characters of every class, just ask your guild leader, that is why we go to meetings isn't it Breanna????
    Soara2, Rhodris, Momo and 3 others like this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Meetings? Um what meetings? Are you talking about that thing we do where we all get together and eat doughnuts and drink coffee?
    Soara2, Rhodris, Momo and 3 others like this.