What race for necro?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-LordJake, Sep 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Changed about a month ago actually, much to the surprise of everyone that still plays.
  2. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

Eh? They can be evil now? Good for them I guess lol
  3. ARCHIVED-Chuut Guest

I have a halfling necromancer just because I have NEVER seen one before. I tend to pick race/class combos that just don't seem to go together. I have a Dwarf Monk, Barbarian Dirge, Halfling Necro, Ogre Assassin, and Erudite Bezerker.
    As for picking Erudite because of the high starting INT, it only really matter for the first few levels. My halfling Necro hit an INT of 200 at lvl 32. At lvl 40, I still see casters with less INT than that.
    In the end, I say pick and play what you want. I wouldn't pick a DE Necro, because, as others have said they are so cliche, but if thats what you want, do it.
  4. ARCHIVED-hammong Guest

Salsa is a Ogre female necromancer - and I have to admit, she's the only one I've ever seen on Mistmoore. I have no problems at all with power, intelligence, or acceptance with my unusual choice of profession/race. Having more strength is nice for lugging around strongboxes and tradeskilling, and more base stamina is always a plus as it increases hitpoints.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

< 3 )~~~ POWER!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-kuprishuz Guest

Ratonga Necro here
  7. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Read the story linked in my sig about my character and you'll never say that a High Elf can't be twisted enough to be a necro.

Most of you were born into evil. I chose it. Which of us is worse?
  8. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

In EQ1 lore, the Iksar and Erudites were great choices for Necromancers. The Iksars were simply delving into the dark arts recovered by Venril Sathir (and others from their past), and their whole cabal in the city of Cabilis was kick-butt fun. Nothing more evil than a death-oriented lizard spellcaster :D
    The Erudites ("Heretics") of Paineel also had some good story to them, hiding from persecution by their brethren in Erud, deep in the city of Paineel. Now that Quellethule brought the two sides together, the flourishing of the dark arts would take some very interesting turns over the generations since.
    Yes, Dark Elves are natural picks for necromancers, but there is plenty to support an Iksar or Erudite necro.
    Of course, my own necromancer in EQ1 was a human, a follower of Bertoxxulous the plague lord. I loved the hidden shrine within the Qeynos sewers, and there was a lot of RP reasons to portray one of the Blood Sabers (those that followed Bertox).
    I guess I found my fun by finding something that spoke well of a good story and motivatio - others may choose stats instead. In that case, go Erudite, hard to beat the highest Intellect in the game (starting off).
  9. ARCHIVED-LordJake Guest

can i get some type of pic of a necro:
    froglok
    iskar
    Human
    and erudite
    ( i've seen the rest)
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Just look for them wearing a Robe. Necros look the same as any other robe-wearing character.