What Race do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Mirander_1, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

So, we know we're getting a new good-aligned city in the future, which means a 99.99% chance of getting an accompanying good-aligned race. So, what do you want to see as that race? There are three possibilities that I'd like to see:
    1. Aviaks: I really want to see another winged race that isn't some breed of fairy. There's two good ways I could see Aviaks working, 1: make the crow aviaks that lived in Antonica in EQlive playable, as they're currently the only breed of Aviak that we know exists, but hasn't shown up yet in EQ2. Option 2: they could go whole hog, and allow character customization to look like any breed: Aviak, Hooluk, Vultak, Krag, and Spiroc.
    2. Gargoyles: Again, and non-fairy winged race. What little hints we have on the next expansion point towards Odus, so I think Gargoyles, which are basically magical constructs, would work especially well. In terms of appearance, I'd honestly start with the head gargoyle from that Disney movie, and design from there.
    3 Some sort of Centaur-style race: Centaurs themselves probably wouldn't work, if for no other reasons than that Centaurs would look ridiculous going up climbable surfaces, but a Centaur-style race with a slightly more agile animal half could work out, I think. What I've currently got on my mind is some sort of lion-Centaur which, with a bit of explaining, could also fit well on Odus.
    Other ideas?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

I don't like any of those. Maybe they could add a real cat-race instead of gorillahumanbigcat hybrids like kerra.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Insectoid race. Bi-pedal Rhinocerous Beetles just like Stun from the Bloody Roar games.
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Lleren Guest

More Ratonga! maybe a good aligned Mousetonga!!!
    Or Bunnys!!!
  5. ARCHIVED-Enever Guest

Otthimir or a Gnoll....
  6. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Aviaks! Or an insectoid race would also be neat, I was pretty miffed at Arasai being recolored Fae and not insectoid....not even really unique aside from maybe a few hair styles and wings but who can really tell the difference or cares? I've always really wanted Aviaks since eq1 though, always found it neat that one of the arcane scientists either was one or had an illusion.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Seconded.
    Or a good looking wolf race, that doesn't look like a gnoll.
  8. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Hmm lets see...

An insectoid, avian, or new humanoid race...seeing as evil races seem to be the only beastial races :p
  9. ARCHIVED-TheGreatBeast Guest

As far as I can tell from what I've read in the Devs QnA is that there is no plans for another race anytime soon, but for what its worth:
    I played EQoA (PS2 Everquest), and around the time when Odus was introduced a new infection was as well, werepeople. If you did the quests to get infected they boosted your stats depending on tribe type, ex: Repilian for str/sta. There was also were-lion, were-rat, and were-wolf...all of them held the same shape as your toon and walked upright but altered features (like shapshifting in your armor). There was also the option to become were-hunters. Downside to all of that was that you got faction hits as most cities had were hunters roaming around that would beat you up on sight, or you could get quests because they sensed what you were.Also, it became a "have to" thing to do if you wanted to stay up to par with the stats.
    So, for Odus, I think a cool Good/Neutral race would be some sort of half-giant...not ugly things like ogres, but something the same size if not bigger with muscles instead of guts...it would fit in with the lore perfectly.
    Or maybe Djinns as the Erudites are always playing with magick..that would open up for a good reason to go back to the Sinking Sands, which I LOVED (no void junk please).
    One thing I do want/miss is a good GRIND too, if the level cap goes up, I'd like to have to invest time to getting to it and be rewarded well for it, there's NOTHING like the feeling of accomplishment in Eq/MMos for hard work rather than instant gratification.
    And please, pleASE, PLEASE..NO void-shard type grinding....in fact leave the void to TSO... PLEASE.
    What do you all think??
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

TheGreatBeast wrote:
    ... no it wouldn't. There are no giants or anything close to it on Odus.
  11. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Thought the exact same thing when I read that. hehe

For me, I want a semi-aquatic race. One where their racial would be water breathing but would also transform you or your bottom half into a mermish form (IE, you'd grow a tail) which would only work while in the water. So, it'd basically be the reverse of how mounts work now. Instead of a mount disappearing soon as you get in the water and reappearing once you get out, our legs would turn into a tail soon as we hit water and would disappear once we got out.
    hehe Sorry but I'm a Prexian at heart. ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

The Transformer race!!
    Just kidding. I really don't like any of the suggestions so far. I don't really think we need any more races added to the game. The only other race I could see added is the Va'shir. I know Luclin was blown up, but was every single Va'shir on Luclin when it happend? Haven't they ever hung out on Norrath for any reason?
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Quinleigh@Najena wrote:
    The Vah'Shir (adventurers mostly) who were on Norrath at the time just went to the Kerran tribes on Odus, mated with them, and now the Kerrans you see now are the genetic evolution of the scrawny Kerrans and the large Vah'Shir. The original race itself is pretty much extinct.
  14. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

My thinking on it was a kind of fish people, perhaps with some fins and webbing. It would help if they could be made attractive. I like the idea MW2K2 of having fish tails appear while swimming.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    If they were going to go for an aquatic race, I'd rather like to see them find a way to bring back the Kedge (although, they would probably be a major pain for the art team to animate).
    On the subject of Odus, if that's where we're going for the next race, they're going to almost have to come up with something semi-new. I mean, who actually lived on Odus in EQlive? I'm only remembering the Erudites, the various Kerra tribes, and some Kobolds. So the new race would probably have to be something that migrated there, or were created by magic.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Speaking of Prexus, many erudites and Kerrans worshipped Prexus. If they were to ever give a reason for him to return and be a diety in this game, Odus would be the best place.
  17. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Kobolts would be an interesting race. Especially considering that most of the drops from the Kobolts were oriental themed. (lots of Katanas, and wicker/laminar armor) I really can't see people getting excited about Kobolts though. You could have a similar explination to the Froglocks in having player Kobolts be more "advanced" via divine transformation. Possibly relating to either 1) Brell's favor 2) close proximity to the Euradite experiment that transformed their entire race 3) Influence from the Rathe as The Hole opens up more to Norrath 4) some other diety that takes a sudden interest in the Kobolts.
    There isn't any reason for the Kobolts to be considered "good" though.
    Some other intersting possibilities would be a new breed of Kedge created by Phingle with or without the blessing of Perexus. Possibly invovling Leviathan parts? Maybe the death of the Leviathan could explain how Phingle was finally able to manage it, or maybe Phingle sacrificed himself to release the combined soul of the Kedge race allowing it to be reborn?
    Though, honestly I'm partial to Othmir and/or Icepaw gnolls as a new good race. Both were found in EQ1 and both were friendly to adventureres. Also both are sea faring races so they could potentially be found anywhere in Norrath after the cataclysm.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It's Kobold, not Kobolt. I don't mean to nitpick at all your spelling errors of the various racial names, but I just couldn't avoid that. I'm sorry.

Anyways. Kobolds have always been evil-ish. They worship Ralfron Zek, the God of the Forlorn.

Phinigel Autropos was driven insane over the years of living in solitude, having to deal with the fact that he single-handedly wiped out his entire race from a ritual gone wrong. It was all for the best of intentions for his race, but no... He killed each and every last one of them, and now his mind is too far gone to reason with him. I don't see the Kedge happening.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wolphin Guest

Enever wrote:
    If Velious is the next expansion, or whenever it comes out, I definitely second Othmir as a new race... as long as we get that awesome beach music from EQ1.... and they could fulfill some people's wish for an aquatic race but can also go on land.... If the ice of Velious melted and the sea level rose covering the land, the Othmir would be one of the few races that make sense of being able to survive and expand.... not counting the dragons who could fly away obviously...
  20. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    If Kedge were to happen as a playable race, I'd picture their origin having a bit of a parallel with the Fae's origin. Just as Tunare entrusted Wuoshi with the Bloom of Growth as her last act before withdrawing from the world, Prexus could entrust Phinny with a new clutch of Kedge eggs before he left, giving him a chance to redeem himself (and probably lifting Phinny's madness, as otherwise it would probably defeat the point).