What race did you choose for your Zerker (RP perspective)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Epofhis, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jubei Guest

Female Half-elf Zerker here, smallest body frame possible. Half-elves have lots of reasons to be angry, specially living in FP(love fp). Plus tanking an epic mob as a cute little girl is always nice.
  2. ARCHIVED-Twoslot Guest

3. ARCHIVED-christmascracker Guest

Wood elf :smileyhappy: She's tiny but my does she bite :smileyvery-happy:
  4. ARCHIVED-Shonin35 Guest

I just recently rolled up a Troll Zerker, he is great. For me I thought about what I a beserker was to me. I considered Barbarian, but thought that was too common for me. Human I liked but I have another idea for a human. Ogres, it just isn't me. Same for most of the other races, then I thought Troll, big, strong, good stamia, and not to bright and full of anger and hate. Sounds like a perfect bezerker to me. He is a good break from my 48 necro. I am even considering working him harder to help out with tanking to the higher end people in my guild. I think any race can be a beserker or any class for that matter. and I really appauld those who took the path less traveled. I would love to see the tiny female halfing knocking the crap out of a giant. I think I would laugh so hard milk would come out of my nose and I don't drink milk. Some of the names were fablous too. I think you need to be proud of what you choose and stick with it or hit delete and start over.

Crushemskulls Neckwringer 25 Zerker come to kill you soon
  5. ARCHIVED-Wintersborn Guest

Hello Beserkers.

I am going to re roll for the combat changes and have some questions for you all.

I am not interested in tanking Raid Mobs but only to make a great solo melee character.

Has anyone had good luck with a Ratongan Beserker solo?

Hopefully the new changes will make agillity more important so going max Agillity and Mitigation might work out. I have had good results going Strength based Scout for solo but want to try something new.

Please post your results or likes and dislikes of this combination.
  6. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Well AGI is great but as a Zerker that's not the main attribuite you want to focus on IMO. Zerkers are fighters so our main attribute is STR (and it's still going to be that way for the most part after the revamp I think) and Rats don't start out with very much of that. AGI does more for scouts than fighters, it gives you more power and DPS, whereas STR is what does that for us. Don't get me wrong, AGI is good, but you don't wanna be a Zerker with a ton of AGI and no STR, trust me. You'll have lots of avoidance and accuracy but no power or DPS. That would suck IMO. Once you get into the higher leves and get nicer gear with more STR on it then it won't be such a big deal but in the lower levels it's going to hurt you I think. But if you neglect your STR altogether and just pile on the AGI then you're really gonna to be screwed I think, even after the revamp. I personally don't recommend making a Rat Zerker unless you just wanna do something different to have fun with because technically they are not one of the best of races to choose for any fighter class. I'm not sure what kind of racial traits they get to pick from either, that's another thing you have to consider. GL with your Rat Zerker if you decide to make it.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 08-26-2005 09:08 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

One thing I'd say if you are rolling now is play with your character as is, and take stam at the start to solo. Str will make only a moderate difference and +10-20 stamina will = and extra swat or two down the road.
  8. ARCHIVED-Doodmar Guest

Angry Wood Elf here. :smileymad:
    Let us know what you pick! :smileyhappy:
  9. ARCHIVED-Corvax666 Guest

I chose a Dwarf for the simple reason that they seem to be the best suited race from all the ADD books I've read. I always liked the battle frenzy Dwarfs, they have style... Nothing sends a clearer image then a Dwarf bashing a skull in just because he got insulted or someone looked at him funny, it's so Dwarvish attitude... They are not little delicate Elves or Gnomes. They are small, tough and when push comes to shove...they do the shoving. The bigger they are the harder they fall...
  10. ARCHIVED-Doodmar Guest

I'm delicate......?
    :smileyindifferent:
    :smileyindifferent:
    :smileymad:
  11. ARCHIVED-The Bloodsnow Guest

From a rp standpoint everyone seems to be stuck on the idea of a drooling-hulking-mass murderer looking-baby eating-wild man. Personally I prefer my more or less civilized tree hugging wood elf zerker. He may not seem that intimidating on an average day but when weapons start swinging his way the rage and chaos insues.
  12. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"everyone seems to be stuck on the idea of a drooling-hulking-mass murderer looking-baby eating-wild man"

hey what's wrong with that???
    us drooling-hulking-mass murderer looking-baby eating-wild men need love too ya know. ;)
    [IMG]
    need i say more?
  13. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

48 Dwarf Zerker on Nektulos here ... I went for a Bruenor Battlehammer look (say hey R.A. Salvatore fans out there), and a more Thibbledorf Pwent attitude/outlook ... "The Battlerager" coolest of all cool type zerker's, annoying, smelly, crazy and no self regard ... and that comes off in my style of pulling when i'm MTing (cause i tend to pull several mobs at once, just to keep my groupmates on their toes), and when i'm OTing things agro on me off of guardians, paladins, shadowknights and other tanks anyway.
  14. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

this response might be to late but I had to reply to it. I am currently a lvl 41 ratonga zerker and I am enjoying it ALOT. I chose the smallest size available and when I walk up to a group with my sick little ebon vanguard (only chest and leg imbued fyi..rest is fulingate) rat people tend to laugh.
    I keep my eq up to par and if I'm lacking anything I need I do take the time to farm for the necessary money/eq to keep my stats in line.

Last night I was in a Nightblood group in RV. I was not the MT at first. They chose a lvl 41 zerker human in half fabled eq. Within 10 minutes the group wiped twice and he, and his friend in group, both droped and bailed. I took over the role of MT and we had a blast. I set up a solid camp and we ran mobs nonstop for the next 2 hours (approx) with only 1 healer (lvl 34 inquis heh). As for non-MT issues I parse out well over a well equiped Assassin of my level. I know this will change soon but hell yeah its fun to see the parsing posts heh. Also, the thought of a Ratonga Zerker at lvl 60 with Fabled Plate eq....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol.

The effectiveness of a player is based on ability of the player him/herself. If you have the mindset to study and work at being a good player then race is almost not an issue.

I jumped class/races for months before I chose ratonga berserker. I'll never change now ;) Its too much fun.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lantene Guest

Even though this race is synonymous with "berserker", I chose a Barbarian. However, I chose a female because they just seem so much more of a dynamic & defined gender. I`m having fun RPing with this toon, so I guess thats all that really matters in the long run...
  16. ARCHIVED-DarkPsyte Guest

i went for an iksar, nothing like a angry big lizard (with red scales :D )
  17. ARCHIVED-virgofool Guest

While most of my brethren are born and raised among the trees, I enjoyed a more civilized upbringing. My family hoped that I would dedicate all my time to crafting fine jewelry, but I knew from a young age that the niether the jeweler's hammer, nor the healer's sceptre would satisfy me. My family's fortune allowed me to break the chains of the Wood Elven stereotypes and explore my true calling -- the art of combat. I would maintain the family fortune in another manner...through the spoils of victory.

What I lack in physical strength and stamina, I make up for in agility and pure unbridled ferocity. Those who see me may snicker, but learn to respect me one way or the other. Your attitude dictates which end of my sword is offered to you.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mordicus Guest

Seems the popular choices for Zerkers are Ogres and Trolls. I made a Kerran because I havent seen this race in any other game, seems uniques to EQ. Race specs are being removed so it wont matter that you are human or ogre. From an rp perspective i guess you need to find something that really pisses you off, be it something from lore i.e. erudites bringing plague and disease to Odus, or Luclin being destroyed. For me it was something that happened with a former guild in game. I like the Kerran because he has rings all over his face, very savage looking.
    As far as agility goes, im a bit disgruntled that were getting an agi buff. It just doesnt follow logic, as a zerker i wanna get pounded on, thus causing me to fly off the handle into a berserk state, increasing dps, holding aggro, and most recently having the chance to proc an ability like VoM. Like most everything else theres a golden mean to stats, ive focused on Sta,Str then Agi ; theyre all necessary.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

Where did you read that racial traits are being removed?
    I think you might be mistaking the class training abilities for the racial traits. As of LU#13, the old class training abilities (formerly received at 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, etc) are gone, and now we get Master II choices of existing skills at 14th, 24th, 34th, etc.
    Race traits are still in from what I've read on the dev posts and patch notes. If I'm wrong, post a link, please. Thanks.
  20. ARCHIVED-anijhranger Guest

If you are a Warhammer player the answer should be obvious....

Go Wood Elf ( or half elf ) and fashion yourself as a Wardancer