What race did you choose for your Zerker (RP perspective)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Epofhis, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Azmodeon Guest

Personally I chose Iksar for my berserker for two reasons. The first is that I used to play muds long before EQ came out and had a lizard-man warrior type on my favorite one. The second is because on my server (Mistmoore) there are a grand total of 3 other Iksar berserkers that I've come across. Anyway just my two cents.

Issyk Dragonblade

23 Berserker

Mistmoore
  2. ARCHIVED-LovingTim Guest

Ogre of crouse! Big, mean Ogre. hehe. Though being female, most mistake my character as a male despite the chest differences :smileyvery-happy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Pebkac Guest

Human Zerker Here,
    Never regretted it :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Emim Guest

Trolls for the win!
  5. ARCHIVED-Zingsterfah Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

Pfft, my wizard, Amelorn, can send a legion of trolls fleeing just as the slightest rumor of my coming(or so NPC's tell me).
    My berserker is Amelorn's great-grandson Cuchlainn, who is again a human, for we are capable of affection for some pretty tavern wench, and great brutality for our enemies. I mean, my life in this game revolves around Ice Comet, and for Cuchlainn, Slaughter.
  7. ARCHIVED-The-Preacher Guest

I went with a human berserker....simply put, think Vikings. A Human berserker is rather fitting to the role. =)
  8. ARCHIVED-Ibixat Guest

I did a ratonga, betrayed to qeynos, kinda like a gnome only with fur.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

I'm a barbarian, and my class matches very well with the history of my character, since he is a lost soul seeking for his past, he had to live in the dark side of Freeport till he eventually decided to betray it and show up all his anger, this anger becomes part of what the berserker is.. well I'm not very good with words anyway.
    I play on Lucan D'Lere server, and its great fun having my barbarian role as a berserker, and it also matches great to the class physically and mentally, but I think if you have a good imagination you can have whatever race you want for any class you want, just choose something you like and create your own story about it, thats much more fun than getting out a poll of what race to use :).
    Good Luck!
  10. ARCHIVED-Sivar Ossage Guest

I chose Dwarf. And he has worked out very well
  11. ARCHIVED-MondaynSilvaCor Guest

Like Cr0wangel, I am also a Dark Elf Berserker, except I defected from Freeport to join Qeynos.
    Mondrid N`Mar, got mistakenly placed on the freeport boat when he got off the isle and was stuck in freeport for the longest time, from birth he was raised with his father and was always taught the ways of love and compassion. He is a deep follower of the Marr twins and isn't a very disciplened fighter, hence why he is a berserker and not a guardian, instead of relying on training, he calls forth upon his instinct and pure emotion to drive him forward in a fight. heh I think I am the only Good Tier`Dal Berserker on Neriak, if I am not, whenever I do a /who all good darkelf berserker they must be never on.
  12. ARCHIVED-crazyvoodoosean Guest

I went with Froglok hit lvl 50 Love the race / class combo.
  13. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I have a level 50 troll zerker and have no desire to play anything else in the game at this point. To me trolls are the scariest looking of all the races in the game and their initial stats (high sta and str and decent agi) make them the best race for tanking IMO (which is a good thing since that is about the only thing they can ever really be good at). As a troll zerker I have found myself tanking more than anything else when grouped so I'm happy with the choices I made for my race and class because not only do I find that I can do my job well but also fit the image of the zerker class pretty well also (big and mean and scary, nuff said). I'm also betrayed so I get a lot of interesting comments from people in and around Qeynos (both real and npc) and I have a lot of fun with it.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 08-15-2005 12:24 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Swordmage Guest

I actually started creating a Wood Elf and ended up at berserker. It all started with the Fire shroud. I then found a name that meant Born of Fire (from one of the asian languages) that I liked. It was a very short step from there to berserker.
  15. ARCHIVED-Qrgauthil Guest

female halfling berserker. Made the body size as small as possible too.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cabbott Guest

I'm a cat myself, and the only thing I don't like about it is the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] jumping noise that sounds like he's gonna hurl :smileyvery-happy:
  17. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

If you roll a Berserker I'd say Barbarian. I just get the mental image of a viking with a face tatoo going nuts out of all ends. If you're going bruiser I'd say Ogre, Troll, or Iksar. They all have that I'm a mean and cunning SOB type feel to them. Moreso then the Barb.
  18. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"If you're going bruiser I'd say Ogre, Troll, or Iksar. They all have that I'm a mean and cunning SOB type feel to them. Moreso then the Barb."

Trolls cunning? I hope you realize that we have the least int of all the races in the game (we only start with 10). HAHA

So we make the prerfect zerkers IMO ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Ardsheal Guest

Erudite Berserker.
    Skinny bald man knocking the snot outta mobs is fun, and they are inherently weaker than most other races.
    Message Edited by Ardsheal on 08-18-2005 03:45 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Ruse Guest

I went Half-Elf female. It makes me feel happy when the groups tank is a little girl, and taking hits better than a big Ogre/Troll. And, yeah, as was said, you can't swing a cat in Qeynos without hitting a Barbarian or Human (though, I hear they get a nice defense racial trait). Sure, I might be a bit wanting in Str and Sta, but, my Agi/Avd is higher than most plate tanks, and, noone has every called me a bad tank. Skill and gear make more differance than race. Just, make sure, whatever race you pick, you take pride in your choice, and strive to honr the Berserker name (too many don't...)