What race did you choose for your Zerker (RP perspective)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Epofhis, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Epofhis Guest

I am thinking of re-roling a zerker or a Bruiser, and I am heavy into the Role Play bit (makes my character much more intresting IMO), so what race did you guys choose and why ? I will have to choose the Evil side (Love to RP freeport =) ), and I'm torn between a lithe ebil monk or a hulking zerker (if theres a reason to choose a small frame zerker lemme know that too!)

My main is a 23 Necro DE, because I have a warhammer fetish and Love the Undead Charcter Nagash! But, I have the need to play other classes, and would love to role play a hulking evil warrior, or perhaps a ebil monk type, just not sure what race and why. Utility is of little to no importance to me, so fire away!
  2. ARCHIVED-Fazzarya Guest

Go Ogre or go home!:smileywink:
  3. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

I play and roleplay a dark elf berserker. I knew I wanted to play a dark elf even before I got the game :smileyhappy: This is simply the race I like the most. I love my character and the class berserker, the roleplay (on lucan dlere server) is also very good. The race dark elf is a good match for berserker in a roleplay point of view, since this is an evil race, fueled by hate and anger. Also, I believe a berserker can be more complex than: Me angry, me kill you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Adrenachrome Guest

Barbarian all the way baby!!!
    The word "berserker" reminds me (and I think, most people) of the huge, orangey-haired, half-dressed crazy Nordic warriors, and, well, the only race that allows you to create a toon that really has those features is the Barbarian. Give him a long, orange, plaited goatee, a bald head with just a long pony tail, heaps of piercings and a tatoo across the face... baby nothing says Berserker more to me than that.
    Plus Barbarian's are just so buff, without being fat like an ogre (incoming flames :smileyvery-happy: )... yes yes I know, ogres aren't fat, they're just big-boned. And trolls, well, they're just dayamn ugly (and a bit too lanky).
    Oh, and when you want to disrobe to impress the chicks (LOL) , you actually look good doing that as a Barb.
    The +5 Defense trait is nice, too.
    Message Edited by Adrenachrome on 07-28-2005 02:39 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Stroicthe Guest

A betrayed halfling or gnome. Nothing's more of a rush than going absolutely naners in combat when your 3 feet tall and have a jum jum fetish.

Personally, Qeynos tossed me out on my bum after I broke a chair over a smug barbarians cranium. While I was rather pleased with myself in having lodged a few splinters into the brain matter of a drunken oaf, I still didn't have a place to sleep. After a night of attempting to sleep off my hangover in a cave, I decided to try reasoning with a Freeport guard, hoping a "win-win" situation could be met.

After hitting him several times in the jimmies with a rock, I was given a room key to a lovely suite in beautiful Big Bend, home of Trolls and Ogres. Personally, I couldn't be happier. I treat my fellow Freeportians with the utmost respect, and the two dozen severed hands nailed to my door assures that they feel the same way. :smileyhappy:

Anywho, I'm sure you could develop something fun like this using a gnome if you prefer, and I must say roleplaying a character such as this is a blast.

Sincerely,

Boddywock Flusterfuzz,
    Kicker of Shins
  6. ARCHIVED-Memmoch Guest

Ogre Berserker here! Ogre's are renowned for charging into battles screaming, so a berserker one is a awsome choice! I know what your mean too....my full name is Mumnoch Ellfeater, Slayer of Undead (had to spell elf eater with 2 LL's cause GM's said that elfeater was a offensive name lol)
  7. ARCHIVED-Dherfel Guest

Go Barbarian :)
    +5 defense and good sta nad str!
  8. ARCHIVED-Teeuffel Guest

9. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

10. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

Once you go RAT you never go back. :robotvery-happy::robottongue:
  11. ARCHIVED-Psykil Guest

Human or Ogre recieve highest achievable hp's in game , Human also has some of the best race traits for tanking class as well as ogre... kinda well known fact
    -Ive noticed a few mention barbarian, this race however has the lowest amount of hp's achievable and also seems to take the most abuse in a MT role position, however im amost positive in a year from now race wont matter at all so pretty much make what ever the hell ya want man.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xaime Guest

I made my berserker a high elf female because it seems you can't swing a cat without hitting a barbarian or human zerker. She does just fine in a tank role although I prefer to offtank and go nuts on damage. There is really no bad race from a RP standpoint. If you're a min/max type player of course you can squeeze a few more HP or strength in by your choice of race, but I'd rather be unique (or at least interesting) than oober.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...DCE0.sdt-foyert15-27009?characterId=316348206
  13. ARCHIVED-Cerba Guest

I'm a betrayed troll bezerker. I like the troll look and think they are cool crazy beasts hacking away. I only eat stray cats now that I live in Qeynos. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-highfye Guest

Troll for me too...........they just fit the crazed zerker image so well:smileywink:
  15. ARCHIVED-Tessius Guest

Wood elf. For some reason, I couldn't get that image outta my head. Also, Wind Warrior will give ya +def and +parry.

Not to mention that the slender races look SO much better in armor!
  16. ARCHIVED-Taamane Guest

Wood elf here as well. Figured it would be an odd class to play because they were, for the most part, viewed as rangers or druids.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zanec Guest

Froglok here...i didnt care about stats, and dont think it makes difference either way.

I just think it looks cool...but that just me..
  18. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Barbarian here myself.... gotta love their facial expression in combat woot !
  19. ARCHIVED-Gorethok Guest

Ogre for lyfe, a pissed off Ogre freaking out and killing everything is what I envision a berserker as being
  20. ARCHIVED-NekoNunu Guest

50 GNOME BERSERKER HERE!!
    I am THE small ball of FURY! :smileyvery-happy: