What paladin have over SK ?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Nefrate, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Nefrate New Member

Sure paladin have amend but I can't remember having problems with aggro on my SK. If someone out aggro me he is probably raid geared and can just tank betther then me anyway.

A SK sellf heal and group heal while doing their basic rotation, so I will out damage a paladin by a mile while beeing 100% defence. I can see paladin damage going down to nothing when he must go all def. Are they ahrder to kill then SK as a counterpart for the damage loss ?

I know they can cure wich is nice when you have no inquisitor but is it all they get over SK ?

How many death save they have ?

Well I'd like to know more about paladins. I got a bit bored of my SK and I'm thinking about rolling a paladin but I've always felt they had the short stick of the knights so if any player with my experience can help me I,d be happy.
  2. KnightCole New Member

Yeah, what is up with Paladins? I have an 80SK, hes got Tier 2 TSO, his myth and master and expert spells, he pretty much roaches everything. And hes been roaching everything since lvl 29, when I discovered Reaver and life tap...and this back in 2007-2009, before the game became insanely easy.....now I feel like a cheater sometimes...

Ive tried a Paladin, they just seem to suck, can never get past 30. The thing about Paladins itseems, is they either deal their piddly damage, or they are healing themselves. And well, healing seems to drain their mana faster then you can say "OOM"....meanwhile, while they are healing, they are taking damage but not dealing any. The EQ1 Paladin I kinda understand, hes a Warrior with heals, makes a good backup or off tank.....I kinda figure that is also the EQ2 Paladins role...but yeah, how does the paladin play?
  3. martig101 New Member

Having raided both a Paladin, and currently an SK here's my .02

Paladins make a better MT. They handle damage much more efficiently and they don't hog power as badly as they used to.
    SKs will do considerably more damage on a regular basis but they just wont hand the damage like a paladin will.

Paladins have 1 DP (death prevent) but it can be cast in combat so if you lose it, you can get it back
    SKs have 1 DP w/ 2 triggers on it, unfortunately, It is not something you can cast in combat, so if you lose it...it's gone until you're out of combat.

SK's can heal themselves....they CANNOT heal a group...paladins can

Paladins CAN parse....you just have to build them right, and mind your rotations very carefully...again SK wins in the DPS department. there is so much more you can learn about either class, but probably the best resource for paladins is to find posts written by Maergoth.....dude knows his ****
  4. Wintir Active Member

SKs can group heal & blow off DoTs with Chaotic Restoration ;) - just saying.

But for sure, the Paladin is far better at group healing.

I always found my SK with any healer is reliable. Paladins require less healing but need some DPS contribution from their hunting partner. My wife always uses a DPS slanted healer to play with my Paladin.

AA spec, armor type, etc. can also balance any hunting duo nicely. Factor in cold beer & a hot wife...woot!
  5. martig101 New Member

Touche...Right Side Spec FTW =D
    Wintir likes this.
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Paladin has a much smaller gap in their temp rotation, they will stay temp most of the time thruout the fight. They have more DR, more reliable healing and I would pick lay on hands over harm touch any day of the week. The only thing better with the SK is the two deathtriggers and the dps I would say. Ohyeah, SK has 8% more HP then a pally too! Everyone seems to think that the pally has super crappy dps but that is not true.
    Kuulei likes this.
  7. Xenord Member

Amends, Sigil of Heroism. They compensates lack of dps on solo target and gives good start agro.
    Also, Holy Ground is good thing. It's analog of Grave Sacrament on SK !but cd originally 45sec, only 1 position and gives additional agro proc for 13 sec. That mean if you need to tank adds which hits hard and coming and coming and coming better be a paladin, cause if you SK you need right tree of prestige aa, so you lose your dmg reduction on Faith and duration on Furor.
    And if you need extra agro for some time you dont need to break your defensive castorder like a SK, which have to use Furor not when it need cause of inc damage, but cause of outc agro.

Mythical buff gives 10% phys. absorb + 10% heal of inc damage. In group with cleric - 20%, use tribunals wonder - 40%. Can even dont use death save).

But paladin is boring. very. slowcaster. 15sec duration defensive buffs, keep your attention!) and as both crusaders - unable to tank smth extremly hard. But you can block 15sec and revive guardian/monk if he failed)

Lot of info above was regarding to raids. So if you tanking group instances i think SK much easier in handling and much fun.
  8. Darksavanna Active Member

a stupid *** hat
  9. KnightCole New Member

The worst class hat imo is the Guardian, its just a normal plate hat with a mildly different, yet more ******** look.
    Darksavanna likes this.
  10. Wintir Active Member

we don't need no stinkin' hats! Go Fabio!