What order for traditions?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Impiouseq2, Oct 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Impiouseq2 Guest

Have a baby Erud Necro I made, and I'm curious what order I should be picking the traditions in. Here's what I can get:
    Attributes
    • Intellect of the Sage - Increases Intelligence; the amount increases as you level. Possibly...
    • Pursuit of Knowledge - Increases Wisdom; the amount increases as you level.
    Combat
    • Mind over Matter - Increases Ministration and Defense of caster by 5.0. Possibly...
    • Mental Domination - Increases Subjugation and Disruption of caster by 5.0. This was going to be my first choice, still unsure though.
    • Theoretical Improvements - Grants a small amount of normalized healing and damage; the amount increases as you level. Not sure what this is actually, + base damage maybe?
    • Casting Fury - Increases Ability Casting Speed of caster by 2.0%. Doesn't seem all that useful for necros.
    Noncombat
    • Training Techniques - Increases Mount Speed of caster by 5.0%.
    • Ascetic Discipline - Improves the duration of tradeskilled drinks by 20%. Possibly...
    • Optimum Dosage - Improves the duration of potions by 20%.
    • Meditative Contemplation - Increases Out-of-Combat Power Regeneration of caster by 9.0. Useful after Lich?
    Pools
    • Enhanced Intellect - Increases Max Power of caster by 3.0%.
    • Theoretical Improvements - Increases In-Combat Power Regeneration of caster by 5.0. Possibly....
    Resists
    • Elemental Mastery - Increases Mitigation of caster vs elemental damage by 3.
    • Magical Protection - Increases Mitigation of caster vs arcane damage by 3.
    Now, IF I was making a wizard, Mental Domination would definitely be #1 choice, however I'm not too sure with necro. We have our pets to hold the attention of mobs and aren't as reliant on Root landing the first shot. Do we tend to get a lot of resists on our spells? So far I haven't had any issues and my spells are not even Adept 1. Still not a bad choice I'm sure.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

mpiouseq2 wrote:
    These are the ones you want, and in the following order:
    1. Intellect of the Sage
    2. Casting Fury
    3. Theoretical Improvements
    4. Mental Domination
    5. Elemental Mastery/Magical Protection (neither matters)
    Once you get Lich at level 50, Power is no longer an issue, and Power Pool and Power Regen be completely ignored.
    For traits (not the tradition variety), you want INT, Max HP, and Physical Mitigation.