What next?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly sure what I should do next after I reach level 10 tradeskill. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks!:)
    Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Go back to the tradeskill tutorial NPC. They should ask what class you want to further specialize in, and when you reach level 19 going on 20, you'll be asked to choose your final profession when you go back and talk to them.

Let's say you choose to become an outfitter. When you reach level 20, you'll be asked to choose between being an Armorer, Weaponsmith, or Tailor as your final class.
    Saw-Lau, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Qeynos or New Halas? Where do I find this NPC?
  4. Kiaristorm Member

go to new halas easy one to find in area where tradeskill machines are talk to the npc right next to the one that gives you the quests for tradeskill the npc to pick class is named jalfa eiskairn
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate the pointer.
  6. Neranya Member

Each city has that NPC in the tradeskill area. If you are a good character it doesn't matter which good / neutral city you go to, the tradeskill NPC will fix you up. In Qeynos the tradeskill area is across the street from the bank.

From what I understand, good characters normally go to good / neutral cities, and evil characters go to evil / neutral cities, but I've seen good races go to the tradeskill building in Freeport (after avoiding the guards) so I think the tradeskill NPC's will talk to anyone.
    Saw-Lau, Soara2, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! Then I'll probably go to Qeynos.....I hate the cold and New Halas is always freezing.:D
    Saw-Lau, Soara2, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

By the way, the minute any of your crafters ding 9, you can ask the crafting NPC trainer (the same one you buy recipes from) to let you pick your next tradeskill line, and she will auto-ding you to 10 once you pick one. The minute you ding 19, you can do it again and immediately jump to L20 crafting once you pick your final tradeskill line, too. :)

Also, there's a guy nearby (in NQ he's back to back with the crafting trainer, on the other side of the wall near a post I think) who will 1st give you a gathering quest that will reward you with a large (36 slot?) mats box for your bank. Then he will offer you a tradeskill crafting quest line that will ding you from L1 to around L8, with free basic and advanced recipes to around L8, too (and he'll give you a crafting buffed chestpiece you can wear crafting).

*Then* at level 10 crafting, it's everybody from *both sides* (Freep and Q) to Frostfang Sea, for the next L10-L20ish crafting line that opens up all the advanced recipes from L10 to L19 as a reward. The Q crafting maven, Tami, is in the building to the right of the bank. Go go go! She'll have a green feather over her head. The Freep Crafting maven is actually down the hill to the right (if you're facing the entrance into Frostfang Sea), and she's a Dark Elf inside the building down the hill on the left where the scout trainers all are and a broker (Freeps can use this broker, actually). There's a guy outside the building you can get a quest from, and some sort of armorsmith NPC hammering away right next to the building.

Okay, have fun! Keep checking your in-game mail on crafting characters, because it will keep leading you to the next tier's crafting trainers as you level.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me!:D
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Saw-Lau, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Laaw Well-Known Member

at crafting lvl 10 go start the harvesting questline the infamous Qho this will help you lvl. also start the doing the daily ts apprentice research
    Saw-Lau, Soara2, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

From reading wiki it looks like I will have to go to New Halas. So once the update is through I guess I'll be heading there.
    Siren, Saw-Lau, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Qho?
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Laaw Well-Known Member

the little twit on the isle of mara, cross, the river and up the hill to a small pond
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. Somewhere I haven't got to yet.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It will drive you craaaaazy ! Well, if you try to do it all in one day that is.

First time I ever wanted to thump an NPC I couldn't do that to.
    Soara2, Breanna, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not sure I could get it done all in one day! :)
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Always do any tradeskill quest you can get your hands on even if you are already over the level. So even if you are level 9 and haven't done the quests in Qeynos for harvesting to get the bank crate, do them!! And when you are doing them, pop over by using the world bell to the Isle of Mara, find Qho and get his quest as you will be harvesting for him as well that way you are killing two birds with one stone.

Also, Gorowyn is neutral, do their crafting timeline as well. Crafting, Crafting, Crafting, do every good and neutral you can find on that wiki and then don't forget to do the faction lines as you can. Then you can pop over to Butcherblock, you should get a mail for that, and pick up their timeline and grab Raffiks from a bottle you should have gotten in the mail. If you did not get the bottle in the mail, stop by Jerol, on the Isle of Mara, he is on the same side of the water you zone in on, at the end of the last building. He gives you any mail that he may have for you that you may not have received.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Which should I do first? New Halas?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Any one that you wish to do. There is no right or wrong. If you are level 9 or 10, you might want to go ahead and grab that quest in the North Qeynos crafting building that Siren mentioned, then take the world bell from the dock behind the crafting building to Isle of Mara, run over to Jerol, check to see if he has any mail for you, the swim across the water and run up the hill and find Qho.

If Jerol has any mail for you, there is a mailbox there, the mail will have an attachment, the attachment is a bottle. You place the bottle in your house and when you click on it, it takes you to an island where you find Raffik. He starts a questline where you do a few different quests. He has you do a quest on the island and then you leave, you get another mail, you have to go back to the island, do another quest, and so forth. All the materials for the quests can be found on the island. Then after a few quests, both you and Raffik will leave the island and you will continue to receive mail from Raffik, and he will ask you to come and see him in different places. The first place off the island is Butcherblock.