What needs to be done to fix crafting.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Zynt, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I could write a solid two paragraphs going over how long I've been around, what I've beta tested, the people I've known personally throughout the 21 years I've been involved with the EQ franchise, but I won't because nobodywho has any input in the matter, except maybe The Den Mother, would know who I'm talking about.

Here we go.

MC gear needs to be set to 160 resolve. After completing every solo overland achievement/triumph and running well above 100 solo instances I still have several pieces of gear that are 155 resolve. MC gear should be able to fix that but it doesn't. MC gear in it's current state is useless.

Add the shadowed rares to the normal nodes with a negative % chance to be pulled. Change the staff, I'm still trying to figure out why you didn't do the Foraging Machete from EQ1, to add a buff that negates the negative chance. Make the timer on the buff 15-30 minutes, every two hours, and have it REDUCE by 30 seconds, not be REDUCED to 30 seconds with each rare (Actual rare not common shadow harvest tagged as rare) pulled.

Add the advanced recipe books to the public TS quests as rewards, also, bump up the status. sub 6k status is dumb. Add some "safe" spots in all three zones for harvesting so people who don't have max level adventure class can harvest without being limited to The Blinding.

Add the port potions unlock to the TS Sig line completion.

Change the port location for the AC potion to be the caves for Fordel Mist so the researcher can be gotten to easier. The current location is weird. The other 3 all drop you off in logical locations, the AC does not.

Add a weekly TS quest. Don't be a chump about the status rewarded. Add a increased chance to get the advanced recipe books to the reward crate.

There needs to be a Dev, or an appointed community member, interacting in this sub-forum. Post haste.

There's some adventure things as well but I'll let someone else worry about that except for this, never should a level 125+, highly contested, named mob drop gear that is lvl 111 and has 150 resolve.

P.S I always come back to EQ2 for the crafting. This sentiment has been murdered in cold, lack of crafting knowledge, blood.

P.S.P. (Post script pettiness) - The formal garb reward is ugly AF. Capital AF.
    Zolar, Loves, Qeen and 30 others like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Fabulous ideas, love them all. And yes we really do need someone dedicated to crafting.

I'm also glad someone else has mentioned the port pots. With the three harvesting quests we have as much need on our crafters for those pots, as adventure toons.
    Kheldar, Wulfgyr, Arcos and 3 others like this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I swear I proofread that before I posted but I see errors now. Smh. Also, while I'm on my soapbox, can we add status reduction back to furniture?
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I agree with all the above.
    Kheldar, Wulfgyr, Arcos and 4 others like this.
  5. Arcos Active Member

I totally agree but feel we are banging our heads against a brick wall. If devs cared about TS they would already have posted.
    Kheldar, Juraiya, AOE1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Sharann Well-Known Member

Perfect suggestions! Could they hire you? ;)
    Zynt likes this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I quit working for people that won't listen years ago.
    Kheldar, Argosunited and Rhodris like this.
  8. Lapidia Member

As an avid tradeskiller and the best part of the game to me, I don't understand why there are no rush orders for any character over the level of 111. I have done the daily quest for 5 years and rush orders are an intergral part of that. It makes me crazy and distressed that my toons can't do rush orders to level up doing rush orders. It also gave me status to keep my guild hall going (of which at the present time I am the only one keeping our guild hall going). Please, Please, Please add the rush orders back into the game.
    Loves, Qeen, Kheldar and 7 others like this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Not only did they take away our ability to generate status to maintain those GHs but they gave us missions with less than 6k status in current content. Thankfully I can still do the PoM harvest daily but then I'm using outdated content. Quick tip though if you just want to level slightly slower while providing status the harvest dailies in PoM give decent experience even post 110.
    Kheldar and Marae like this.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I would add that since they decided to make Advanced Recipes just adepts (books that have always dropped from trash mobs), they need to put the Shadow Recipe books as rewards for doing the research quest. I do not know who came up with the idea of making Advanced books be Adepts but it is basically a bad idea, just like this separate Shadow harvesting idea is. I have wondered, as well as a few others I know, if they aren't trying to kill off tradeskilling. OR did they just get rid of the people that knew what this game was all about when they did the layoff's.

But alas, we are beating our heads against a brick wall and have been since beta.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Mermut and 5 others like this.
  11. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Killing off crafting would be a huge mistake. There's a substantial portion of the player base that would absolutely quit the game if they did that. Either way, they've gotten really close to doing it this time around.
  12. Interstella Member

Never have we gotten so little for so much.
    AOE1, Kheldar, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  13. Gninja Developer

Answering the things I can.

Seems doable, will talk to others and see if we can make it happen.

Will attempt to find out if this was on purpose of if it can be moved.

Should be doable to add a weekly, I can't comment on rewards though.

No! omg! :p

Some do like it, it wasn't so much a reward as it was just something you got to keep that you used. Did what I could for appearances.
    Qeen, Rosyposy, Geroblue and 11 others like this.
  14. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Thank you for that, the PSP was just me being snarky, ugly is relative. The weekly with status is important. Crafters can't do writs post 110 so it would be nice to have current content giving status. With GHs the amount of status needed is exponential.

Nothing on the complete uselessness of MC gear though. It's all useless, there's no reason to make it except for uncommon lunar materials for accolades.

Edit - I realize that you might not be able to answer that question, and if that is the case could you point someone who can towards the matter?
    Theofilus and Argosunited like this.
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Bug reported here, please give it a like (if you haven't already!). It also impacts faction, especially for those that did the dragon and various holiday events and hit 120 before maxing (or at least getting over 40k) city tradeskill faction. Doing the Transmuting, Adorning, and Tinkering writs only nets 900 a day (300 each), and I'm worried that those won't be available as I get closer to maxing them.
    Zynt likes this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If we could get a weekly and get empyral recipe books in them, that would be perfect. Currently we can't get empyral books at all, as tradeskillers with regular game (overseers are not "regular game" and rewards are gated behind a very bad RNG), and it's a pain. really. I'm willing to beg Caith instead of turning him into a handbag if he could agree to itemize those there.
    Breanna, Lateana, Mermut and 4 others like this.
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You know what, never mind. You managed to make Provisioner advanced recipes worthless today. Intentionally and without communicating to the player base. You can't fix crafting at this point and, as far as I'm concerned, none of you have any intention of doing so anyway .Every week you take something else away that there's no reason to take away.
    Loves, Kheldar, AOE1 and 7 others like this.
  18. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Juraiya and Zynt like this.
  19. Argosunited Well-Known Member

If you want to take something else away, take away Essence of Chaos. At this point I don't care if it's not replaced with anything, just remove it from the loot tables in BoL. It's an insult to receive them.
    As for leaving it in Cobalt crates, do whatever you like. I'll never buy another one.
    Veleje, Juraiya and Zynt like this.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I'd like to add something - it's been tickling my brain for a bit, and finally crept out this weekend. I remember when EQ2 launched that Crafting was one of the development paths you could elect for. As identified here and in numerous other threads, that is no longer the case.

This really solidified in my mind when I went to upgrade my Skygge mount, now that I finally finished the BoL tradeskill line. As a 120 level Armorer that's completed the Tradeskill signature line, the merchant laughed me out of their shop in Sanctus Seru. She told me not to come back until I was adventurer level 110, and had completed the adventuerer sig line.

Yep - I've had fun in my time back, but it's mainly been soloing my way through old content that used to kick my butt and working on heritage quests or crafting factions. It's starting to become "not fun" now.
    Juraiya, Lysia, Lateana and 3 others like this.