What more do I need for my SK for heroics.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kayas, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Kayas Member

Hi guys. This is my SK right now.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/433791921755

Other then hitting 110 what more do I need to be able to tank heroics.

Do I need to max an ascension level? more adorns, gear? I have not tried yet, I like to be prepared as possible before making an *** out of myself my first group out. Thanks.
  2. Vokan Well-Known Member

You really should get your epic. Also there is free gear that would replace some of your armor (shoulders, legs, feet) that you can get at zone in. It should help with your resolve being low. Might replace some of your other stuff too.
  3. Kayas Member

The pieces I have not replaced yet are because I lack the orange runes to replace the purple ones. Do you think those 3 pieces will hurt my resolve that much?
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  4. Vokan Well-Known Member

Sad to say, but just forget about the purple runes. You won’t replace them any time soon unless they change something, but you will be forever stuck in last xpac gear if you don’t.
    Kayas likes this.
  5. Kayas Member

Man, yeah that sucks. I already replaced one when I got a deal, a deal being 300,000 plat. Thing is, I use the one that gives you the base HP bonus of 250,000. I loose a lot of HP when I take that off.
  6. Billzbub Active Member

You need ALOT more resolve. I tried to tank a heroic in full solo/faction gear with about 380 resolve, and I didn't even show up on the parse at all. You can replace all of your armor and jewelry with mastercrafted which has 24 resolve per piece, and that will get you to the resolve you need to tank heroics. Get your harvesting skills maxed and temporarily (or permantly) spec into AAs that help your rare chance, and go get yourself some rares. The drop rate on rubicite and darkstone is pretty high right now.
    Kayas likes this.
  7. Kayas Member

Ok, I made quite a few updates since my OP
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

The orange runes are no need to refuel around heroic zones.
    But when I look at your profile, I see a lot of what does not fit, and yes before the speakers are right, the Epic 2.0 should be a must in POP alleys for Dps output of you will be missing in any case.

To your values that you should raise higher:

AOE Auto: 100%
    Accuracy: 25% -100% is the best and esay to go
    Strikethrough: 100%
    Multiattack- 125% - 200% easy to go with full mc stuff
    DPS Modi: 600 soft
    Flurry: 100%
    WDB:100
    Resolve: full mc stuff is 550+
    Hate Mode: 100%
    Reuse Speed: 100%
    Casting Speed: 100% depends if you still Need up for double cast
    Recorvery Speed: 100%
    Pot: 50k is a Goal in the addon atm

Rise your mitigation over 35000 and uncontested Block up to 75%-100%

and the best part is to get to know your spells and what they do and use your specials and protection spells at the right time.
    Kayas likes this.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I quoted Tupper and made changes to reflect my opinions on what he wrote.
    Kayas likes this.
  10. Tupperbeast Active Member

I think it's good that we all have different aspects and views, but I play as Main Sk also other tanks or BL and Necro still, and in POP all Stats are necessary again and play a role.
    This is also good in ACT if you use this with.
    And my DMG output is not exactly jealous of sk.

It is the end of the player who makes the difference, and with my values, I am totally in the should for the new addon I work only fine s.besten what pot and CB over Cap and the last parts with Hp.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I was able to save some of the purples from last expac on my weapons because I have my Epic. I also looted a PoP orange rune (and unlock) in a solo dungeon. So, while this expac is not so demanding that you should do the solos and grind them mindlessly, it's still a good idea to do them at least weekly and hope for unlocks.

Other places to get orange adorns is the PGs. Mindless grind, but very rewarding. Use the ascension Orange adorns from Yun Zi (the panda quests) to fill in anywhere else. Then trade off between aggro skills and ascensions as you tank. I kind of like Elementalist for tanking, because of the Combat mit reduction. But there are more AoEs in Etherealist. The Premium pack can get you a level 10 ascension class with a bauble, you can get two more baubles for other ones to get up to 5 each.

Don't forget there is a "Tears of Ascension" item you can buy if you have one character with a Tome already.

Also nobody seems to have mentioned Fervor. It doesn't apply to taunts, but it does apply to damage and dmg+taunt is your actual aggro ability. So it matters. Become heartbound with someone who's online at the same times. If you don't have your epic, use the Activated skills like "Warriror's Way" to give you temporary buffs. Some ascension skills also have fervor siphon or other benefits. Once you have all 4 leveled, just stand there with Sunspear and switch and read until you decide which ascensions matter most to you.
  12. Fairin Active Member

auto attack stats only apply to PQ's (where potency doesn't matter to non pet classes)

strikethrough 100% - eating ripostes to the face is not a good idea, nor is not doing threat.

accuracy cap is 20%, maybe even 15%. if you miss at these numbers i'll eat my hat.

recovery 100% is as important as reuse 100% for the same reason (more abilities cast per minute)

abilitycasting speed caps at 1100 *which is 37.5% doublecast*

the minimum fervor i would accept on any (of my) character(s) running heroics is 65 - thats tome + epic + HB.

the minimum potency is 50k, solo/mc gear should put you right at this.- get as much as you can tho.

full MC is 504 resolve, you get +15 or 20 from a mount, well above the 471 requirement.

blood siphon is your friend, blood siphon will prevent you from going splat

shadow wall is a whole bunch of potency, do you not like potency? everyone likes potency... >:)

you'll rebuild your aa's when you get your epic 2.0 again. and never bother with defensive stance.
    Kayas and Semperfifofum like this.
  13. Kayas Member

What is shadow wall.

What is heart bound, I have a sec9nd account I could just log in and let a toon sit.

My auto attack is like 1% of my parse if even so I have not bothered with anything there. Jack upgraded shadow coil and it was 13% of my parse.

I am using thaumaturge? For my ascensioon since I debuf noxious. Does this not make sense? Does the spell that changes your damage types also change your debuffs?
  14. Dannni Active Member

Like Fairin says shadow wall is very important and you MUST take it (as well as Chaos Knight the CB conversion which you already have). Potency is everything. Its the middle AA option on the left side of the 2 prestige trees.

Also I would like to see you drop diamond flesh from prestige (shadowknight) and take 2 more points in imbued sight (cb).
    Kayas likes this.
  15. Kayas Member

So skip reapers touch in order to take shadow wall?

NM, I guess the old AA calculator online is not updated to reflect the changes removing the old restrictions preventing you from jumping around? I am now anxious to get home and try this out.
  16. Fairin Active Member

your damage type does not matter - as the only class that debuffs in any meaningful way(10k+) are troubs.. and thats mostly towards arcane. (dirges and brigs do it too but groupin with the only person that plays them on server tends to be rare)

but in the end you do not pick your ascended class for what damage type it changes too, you pick it based on what class you are, thus my opinions are - tanks / bards = etherealist, healers / t1/2/3dps = elementalist, geo's and thaums are truthfully only useful for trakanon (since its a requirement for the raid)

another simple fact - thaum and geo take longer to cast, which is not ideal for tanks and healers, and taking longer to cast the same damage = less dps.

they need to take the same time to cast, or do increasing damage for taking longer to cast to be remotely balanced.

wildfire 2second cast for 50 million base damage. or stonehammer, 3.35 secondcast for 50 million base dmg.
    Kayas likes this.
  17. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I use Thaumaturgy with my Warlock because the debuffs match. It makes a difference I can notice. However, it's not a make or break factor. I think warlocks may be one of a very few classes that don't have any native Combat mit debuffs, so I considered Elementalist too.

SK has two combat mit debuffs, both encounter spells. So there is more choice.
  18. Rubick Well-Known Member

This is confirmation bias. Like Fairin said, you don't choose your ascension for the damage change, and for good reason. I don't mean to sound overly disrespectful, but there's no nice way to say this. I see you posting on these forums and handing out advice more than anybody, but looking at your characters through eq2u it's very apparent through your complete lack of gear and mess of an AA spec (on both characters listed in your signature, at least) that you shouldn't be doing so. I know you're trying to help, but you're misleading others with incorrect information on a regular basis.
  19. Kayas Member

I am going to try out etherealist then. I have saved my ascension level ite.s from the quest line waiting to figure this out so I will pop it to 15 next log in and see how it goes. Working on epic 2.0 still, what a chore. I might have to take it even slower due to wife agro these days.

Thanks for the advice. I went theough AA's again and I am pretty pleased with what I have now. I do notice that anything that increases damage in the older AA lines seems to be broken or maybe not working because it does not increase Base damage. Are the crit bonuses working? I also noticed almost anything g that shortens re use does nothing g, I am guessing due to 100%reuse speed.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yes the AA choices are a bit limited in places. Some standard ones are very old and either ineffective or irrelevant now (wowee 12 crit chance). I usually start with the Prestige tree and work from there because that's newer and it tells me where to focus my points. If you know a good tank on your server or another, you can copy their setup using eq2u if you want. I prefer to do it myself because then my rotation behavior doesn't clash with my AA setup (ie. 5 points in something I never click is a waste). Riposte and Reversal used to be a big deal. Not so much anymore with all the bosses having 100 or nearly 100 strikethrough.

Don't underestimate food or infusing. Happy hunting!