What Merc for a Warden?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jasonis, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Jasonis New Member

I am level 100, just started POP, and play molo/solo a lot do to having to afk on short notice a lot. I play as a melee warden.

I have used a Crusader Merc that I received from a Market crate awhile back, "Vaynca, Champion of Hope", and she has done great..up till now. I also have Lady Liae Croae, Vaynca has much better stats and survivability. Vaynca is Rank 7 and has 5 armor and 5 accolade slots that are filled with the best I could find. She has 36,367% Potency, 12k Avoidance, 21k Mitigation, 994 DPS, 5.8 Million HP, 0% Hate Mod. Normal Mobs ( and the few named even I tried) Barely scratch her, But her DPS is very low on the normal mobs and basically none on the named. She has a problem holding agro and I can take from her at will. Before PoP I could not take agro from her, and she could 1 shot some mobs.

I can DPS the normal mobs solo easily, and can DPS the named too some (at 100 I expected that to be low on named).

I plan to Rank Level Vaynca, and fill in the other armor and accolade slots as they become available (may purchase if it will make a difference).

I have 3 basic questions:

1. Will Vaynca eventually, when leveled, and geared, be able to hold agro, and/or DPS?
    2. What other Merc are you Wardens or others finding useful. I have a few Matri Dut, Claz' zakla, and others?
    3. Any suggestions on Gear for Merc, or any other suggestions at all, would be appreciated.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are no mercs that do enough dps to even beat my defiler lvl 100 plus.
    That being said, I'd go with Claz.... because you can right-click on him and have him track for you.
    You don't need a healer merc and you'll spend more time healing a tank merc (if it does hold aggro) then you would healing yourself if you had aggro.
    Jasonis and Determind like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

4. Earar Well-Known Member

have u gotten your fae ? (epic 2)
    Wardens are great soloers, u don't really need a merc
    Jasonis and Mermut like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even w/o epic 2.0, wardens don't need a merc.
    Jasonis likes this.
  6. Fangrim Active Member

No class needs a merc at all in planes of magic,it is a total joke of a zone. I bet the only deaths have been to stupidity of players, maybe flying into the x2 guards with no faction.
    Jasonis likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

They're handy when you're harvesting or want company.
    Jasonis and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Want company? Get Daeron, the mouth monk. He will NOT stop talking for long, but at least he is amusing... for awhile.
    Jasonis likes this.
  9. Jasonis New Member

Thanks for all the input!

Yeah, I am having no problem soloing POM, and solo quite often. What I am preparing for is the content I can not solo. When I have time to group I do. When I do not, I have used a Merc, in the past. It seems this may have changed though from what I am reading. For now I will continue to Rank up my Crusader Merc, as she did good dps and was a great tank in the past. I put some + Hate augs on her today.

I skipped much of ToT and KA. I will go back and get Epic and Ascension (not sure this helps, but I read it raises potency?)

I am assuming the Advanced Solo instances and Heroic can not be done solo. I am again assuming they exist, and this is true.

I have Track as a racial, so Claz may not offer me anything, being squishy.

I will check out Gustav too.

I have not explored this expansion past POM. I noticed the changes in the Merc when I came here.

All thoughts are much appreciated! Have a great day!
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

He is far too chatty. I prefer the strong silent type.