What is this...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kiramon2, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Kiramon2 New Member

I have this weird icon that keeps showing on group members that wasnt here yesterday.

I was trying to interface stuff and now i cant get this to go away...

It looks like a little chat bubble... i have voice and thing turned off so im confused. It even shows on my merc?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Perhaps you can share a screenshot so we can see what it is?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

To take and post a screenshot here (there are actually lots of posts about this; just do a Search for "posting screenshots" or something like that, but here goes):

1) Get a 3rd-party image hosting site, like DeviantArt.com or Imgur or Photobucket or whatever. Beware, though; some may not allow you to post on 3rd-party sites like this any more without paying for it (there are threads with complaints about that elsewhere).

2) When you get to that spot in-game again, if your keyboard has a "Prnt Scrn" or "Print Scrn" or even a "Print Screen" button, go ahead and hit that. I hear there's an actual in-game command for it, but I've never used it, so I'm not sure which one it is. :-/

3) Open that new picture of yours in something like Photoshop or Microsoft Paint. Do whatever you feel you need to, to make it presentable or at least just save it with a file name. ;->

4) Go to your favorite brand of image hosting site (I use DeviantArt.com; it's free, and doesn't whine if you want to post YOUR OWN IMAGES somewhere else). Do whatever you have to to publish it there. I always add a note to the effect that "this is a screenshot from the Everquest 2 online game, owned by Daybreak Games. All rights reserved" so I don't get into any legal trouble if other people see it and might think it's my original art. ;->

5) For me, using DeviantArt.com, I then right-click on the published screenshot and choose View Image from the drop-down menu. I'll get a whole other new page show up, black background, with my image in the center. At the top of the page will be a line with the URL, or the location on the 'Net where the image actually lives (for example, this page's URL is:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/what-is-this.586516/

but don't click on it! It'll just take you right back here again and be confusing).

When you see the URL for your image, highlight it and Ctrl+C for Copy.

6) Come back here to a post you're working on writing and left-click on the li'l tree icon, next to the little filmstrip icon. You'll get the Insert Image window.

7) Paste the URL you collected by doing Ctrl+V (for View, I guess, since P = Print) in the open box where it asks for it. Then hit the Insert button.

8) Ta-dah! Not quite as easy as inserting an image into a Word file, but much the same principle once it's in; you can add text around it and do whatever else you need to, pretty much. :)

Screenshots are a great way to not have to use 1,000 words to show what's going on. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.