what is there to do here?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dabrixmgp, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Dabrixmgp New Member

Total EQ2 n00b so whats max level here and what will I be doing at said max level?
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Start at 1st. Work your way up. Learn the game.

Uwk
    Malleria and santargria like this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Take the fun out of it for everybody else by running a full raid through peat bog and demolishing it
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Dabrixmgp New Member

anyone else actually want to answer my question. It was a 2 part question.

1) what is max level
    2) what do you do at max level?

For example on the new EQ1 progression server the max level is 50 and things to do are raid Hate/Fear and kill Naggy/Vox. I dont understand how my question was difficult to answer.
  5. Venser Active Member

i find it entertaining you found the forums, made a post, but didn't look for the FAQ, which btw is on the front page of everquest2 webpage
  6. RadarX Community Manager

Max level is 50 for the next 11 weeks, 6 days. There are some raids available at 50 not to mention a ton of Heritage Quests to finish.
    Xephane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

yea.. do all the heritage quests on this server so you can get great gear on a live server.. smooth idea...take away all the people from live to do the same stuff we already have done,probably multiple times on alts, not to mention the grind we've already done to get the epic that is supposed to be good for two xpacs (believe it now since no one has one yet lol) to play a server that no one wanted in the first place.
  8. knine Well-Known Member

lol you will have like a 1% population of newbs.. the rest will be people from the top 10 WW guilds grinding and boxing toons through level 50 to knock down the heritage quests to get the over powered gear that gets placed on live.. learn the game lol.. w/e....
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, I can dream, can't I? ;->

Uwk
    "I will always be the eternal optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The cap is 50 as Radar said.

At 50 there are several raid instances to do, as well as several contested raid bosses, like Lady Vox.
    There are 4 dungeons that range up to level 50: Solusek's Eye, Permafrost, Cazic-Thule, and Obelisk of Lost Souls. All of these will have contested raid bosses sprinkled throughout the group bosses.

There is a major raid questline for an endgame weapon that you can do at 50. It begins with learning the dragon language and involves a long questline of successively more difficult raids, culminating at the original game's biggest raid boss, a dragon named Darathar.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Prismatic_Weapon_Timeline

There are also several heritage quests in the 40-50 range that are useful to do.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline

Some of the raid bosses (the highlights, not comprehensive):

Vision of Vox x4 Contested
    Spirit of Vox x4 Instanced
    King Drayek x4 Instanced
    Lord Nagalik x4 Contested
    Venekor x4 Contested
    Venekor x4 Instanced
    The Kra'thuk x4 Contested (bring lube)
    Arch Lich Udalan x4 Instanced
    K'Dal x4 Instanced
    King Zalak the Ancient x4 Instanced
    Overlord Oxulius x4 Instanced
    Alangria x2 Contested
    Knubed x2 Contested
    Hand of the Caldera x2 Contested
    Solusek's Fist x2 Contested
    Borxx x3 Contested
    Darathar x4 Instanced
    Xephane and Snikkety like this.
  11. Nagash Member

so many wrong statements in this reply. this server was needed. its a wonderful idea and i thank DBGs for it.
    Xephane and Snikkety like this.
  12. Dabrixmgp New Member

Thanks that was very helpful.
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

14. Melt Actually plays the game

There are like only 2 BiS items in the merchant. Most of the heritage items so far are pretty worthless. Efreeti boots are BiS it looks like and the Shiny Brass Shield looks BiS, but the shield is probably a mistake. 40 resolve and 3k mit for any class? Probably something overlooked. The rewards are barely really worth it at all.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The Shiny Brass Shield and the Shiny Brass Halberd seem to have their 1H/2H stats mixed up...I've reported it in-game and on Discord, so hopefully they'll be corrected soon.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Papablaze Member

You cryin boy? Fallen Gate has more people playing than yours and all the other dead **** servers combined.
    Naneeje likes this.
  17. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Yet over 1,000 people were on for day one and had a blast...
    While you may not have wanted it in the first place, every single player I knew, including everyone I knew, is enjoying it.
    Best part is that players I haven't seen in a few years were on the same toon names way back when, loved seeing it so full.
    So ya, we wanted it.
    Xephane likes this.
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath!! :cool: My vote for what to do on Fallen Gate:

1. As people have already said, max level is 50, but some level 30+ content has not yet gone "live" as people will remind you when you ask, "What is this tinkering I've heard of?" and they will reply "Not until EoF" that's code for Echoes of Faydwer. Google the expansions for EQ2 so you can see what's next.

2. When last I did the content "on level" what we did was read a lot of the online wikia pages, and figure out ways to do 3-6 heritage quests all at once with a full group of people all on the same step. If it works right, it can be a beautiful ballet that benefits your guild, if people have no patience for it, then it will be miserable. Much of the fun of it is doing it with patient people who will tell you lore stories while you're gathering 100 of whatever it is you need for the quest.

3. Goes without saying, but needs to be said, join a guild. Back then I would NEVER have done what I do now. Today, I can be pretty happy crafting and doing Solos and occasionally joining a PUG (pick up group) via chat. Back then, you cannot finish many quests if you start them alone. Pay attention to the pips, if it has 1 pip, it's for solo, 2 pips means a group of 6 people recommended, and 3 pips, up to 24 people in a raid. It's not optional if you're on-level. Nowadays on the regular servers this is optional.

4. Pick an easy class if you've never done this before. Recommended: Crusaders (Pallly/SK), Pet classes (even coercer because the mobs are not yet "uncharmable"), Inquisitor (but not Templar because leveling Templar is much slower). For some reason I think the Channeller is particularly hard on FG, compared to Inq, so maybe leave that one for later.

My advice is, use the map, find your way out of Queen's colony (good side), because the spiders are "overcon" (google what that is in eq2). Get to Frostfang Sea, the mobs are less hard and the rewards come faster, but you may run out of quests because XP gain is slower on FG. After you run out of quests, you can always go back to QC if you want and face the spiders while wearing actual armor. Also Qeynos has a lot of low level quests and parts to it (sewers, a thieves guild area, submerged tombs, etc). They also have quests there.

Once you're level 12 or so, you will probably see callouts in chat saying "forming group for Firemyst level 12+" join one. If you like the people ask if they are recruiting for a guild or not.

There are creatures you can raid starting around level 12-15 in the landscape. I'm not sure if the "Guild Raids" are included or not, your guild leader would know. They are a special instance meant to help your team learn how to raid and on the regular servers they are "too easy" anymore, but on FG they may be fun again.

Read up on the HQ Timeline on wikia: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline that's a great place to start.
    Xephane and Prissetta like this.
  19. Nuhvohk Active Member

A better question is what ISN'T there to do here. Vanilla has a huge amount of content.
    Semperfifofum, Xephane and Prissetta like this.
  20. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Still running into people stealing my mobs...
    It's still cool :)