What is the Warlock Equivalent to Manaburn?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Soefje, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Soefje Guest

My nephew has a 76 wizzy and I have a 75 warlock, and I was just wondering what our equivalent to Manaburn is?

I am thinking it is Rift, but man if that is so, we got ripped off. I rarely have time to get it off (cast too long), it pulls everything in the area, so I keep fighting until I run out of power, I have to be almost standing next to the mob (taking melee damage from it) to do any good (seems to have a larger aggro range than damage range), and it does not seem to do as much damage as Manaburn. I almost never use this in a group, b/c of the aggro problems and then range.

Since my warlock is my alt, can a more experience warlock tell me how to use this spell effectively?
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimlux Guest

Kraace@Everfrost wrote:
    There is no equivalent. I wouldnt sweat it, manaburn isnt really that great.
  3. ARCHIVED-Noruh Guest

The aa that is in the same place on the aa tree for warlocks is called aftershocks, but it isn't even close to mana burn.
  4. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

In EoF beta we had a mana burn equivalent, but it was AE
    was deemed to uber to be released to the public and was
    replaced by aftershocks. Aftershock is nice for ae fights,
    in example avatars, overking, ....
    Manaburn is a huge boost in damage single target, and
    losing all your power isn't much of an issue with a properly
    timed manaflow from the illy in your group and a coercer
    from outside it (20% power back in <20secs)
  5. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Aftershocks is like a fly buzzing around whatever mob your hittings head. And yet, they continue to nerf it every now and then.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aerendor_Shadowbride Guest

CelebornXI wrote:
    The AE Manaburn we had in EoF Beta was close to Manaburn with a few differences ... Damage Ratio was: 3x power (instead of 5x power for Wizard's) and used to cost 50% of your health too, this with a maximum of 5 targets.
    Needless to say, it was a good and fast way of commiting suicide. (useless on single mobs because of the dmg ratio, and a click to die spell if you dared to cast it on group of heroic or raid mobs).
    Maybe this spell could have been interesting in PvP ...
    I don't miss it.
  7. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

It had a higher max target number than 5, don't believe it cost 50% health,
    when it was out I would hit ~27k with 7k power
    It would have been nice for some ae fights...
    Though in comparison, aftershocks shouldn't have been hit so hard with
    the bat.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aerendor_Shadowbride Guest

CelebornXI wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it affected only 5 targets, i remember testing it on the ghost dwarves in Loping Plains and at first it was bugged and only affected one... About the 50% Health i'm more than sure of that, it could be reduced with the Sagacity AA (12% reduction) though.
  9. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

I posted a thread on this change during EoF Beta.

Interesting how people change their opinions.

Here is the link:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=166052

And FYI -- Aftershock has been nerfed once since then; it was deemed to be doing too much damage in T7 shortly after EoF was released and they reduced it to what ti currently is.

FTR, no, I don't think Aftershock is anywhere NEAR as beneificial as Manaburn ... but that doesn't mean I want something exactly the SAME as Manaburn, either. We are different classes, after all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Vedian Guest

Do Warlocks really want a Manaburn'ish style spell? IMHO, I personally do not. Especially in raids and heavy pull groups, Manaburn takes one out of fights till mana returns which lessens your group's DPS. Aftershocks may not be the answer for Wizzie's manaburns, but it doesn't take me out of a fight either.
  11. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

Aftershocks was extremely nice when it proc'd more often and dealt more damage. Manaburn was less beneficial in EoF because it was alot more difficult to get your power back. Now, I wizards can drop their power for a manaburn and have 20% back instantly (if the illy/coercers time it right)
    Cataclysm would be great... if we had more than three or four encounters which containing more than a single target(ie linked mobs)
    Or to un-nerf aftershocks. /shrug