What is the reasoning behind a 30% health nerf to raid content?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

With SF pushed back to December 4th I dont understand why we get such a huge nerf already. I totally understand guilds want to clear an expansion, and I would be totally fine with it if there was 2 or 3 weeks left of the expansion, but why blanket nerf by such a huge amount?

Why not nerf by 10% each week instead and stop when its 30%? Can we expect the same thing in SF and beyond?
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The 30% is fine.

At this point people don't want to raid TSO content, the faster we clear it, the less burn out we are going to experience in Momentum at least.

Coupled with the fact we are the only people who have cleared the original 4 zones and the two new ones.

I personally enjoy the harder content, and would prefer it doesn't all go to super easy mode. But at this point with another 3 weeks, I can care less if everyone kills it just for the lols.

I'm pretty sure we cleared ToMC in under 15 minutes earlier today from zone in to zone out, total combat time was 8minutes for the zonewide. That is a faster zone clear, than any other guild kills Gynok.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just old, nerdy and elitist. But in my eyes nerfing content halfway through is bad (which it kinda is with the SF release being pushed back to december 4th). Everyone who is still progressing because of roster issues or whatever has their progression from this day forth in TSO tainted and its not as valueable as having clearing it pre nerf...
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If you're old and elitist as you claim you would know that every xpac ever has been nerfed halfway through so more people can clear the content.

We are playing nerfed content right now, did you know that?

Timers on curses, Ykesha port changes, etc. The list really goes on.

Of course basing it off of the original TSO time table.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

The stuff that was nerfed was buffed at the beginning of the expansion release to be harder. So in reality, it's going back to what it was to begin with, or close to it.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

It's fairly simple really. The number of raiding guilds killing the end bosses is too low for a healthy game state. If people have too little accomplishment, they're discouraged to play. Looking at the raidwide parses of the average guilds on FG, I'm in agreement with this nerf given where we are in the expansion.

I'm hoping in a week or so, we'll see more guilds clearing zones.

I actually question if enough was done to Munzok. I'm afraid it will still only be killed by a single guild, but can't say for certain until we kill it again tonight.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sure its auto attack and HP was buffed, but a lot of the things I listed.

Were not.
  8. slica Active Member

You all can’t handle unnerfed raid content. Pls.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

So after doing Munzok post nerf, I don't think any other guild will kill it this expansion.
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I just wish his loot was better, it's pretty disappointing to kill the hardest mob in game and get a mage offhand, priest shield, scout weapon, and tank weapon, all of which are worse than the hunter's offhand from the previous expansion.

A solution would be to slap some more reuse to make it competitive, or *gasps*, nerf the daily item like I suggested when it came out. Because it's doing exactly what I said it would be doing, making old iconic items like Munzok mage offhand, umbra, and the healer shield defunct.

Maybe in DoV I can give up the reuse shield?

The only thing we even bother to kill this mob for is the scout ring which is OK at best, and the super cool awesome priest ring. The mage neck is useless, healer one is decent, but not enough for us to bother.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I also forgot to mention that Munzok only drops two items.

I've been saying this since the launch of the server but it still amazes me that the developers put us on a 12 week timeframe for expansions (even less for half way content) and don't double/triple the amount of loot that drops, right now the loot is portioned out to a full expansion timeline. Anyone would look at a shorter expansion timeline and think that the drops have to be amplified for it to be feasible but alas.

It seems very selective as to what loot is being doubled and I don't understand why this stance is being taken, and feedback regarding it is being ignored.

Itemization also still considers 0.4% flurry = 32 haste, when 32 haste is more overcap to flurry conversion. But oh well, I told this to fyre for a year.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

The problem is that x4 raiding is so much harder than WOE, yes we finally killed the general but only because some of our dps switched to wizzlock.
    I can 6 man WOE with most of my toons each day and the amount of gear you get is quite large, on the other hand if i go for x4 we have 1 loot and 24 people.But well it is boring ...
    Incoming damage on MT is also quite stupid, my noob channelr was parsing at 15K on mnzok 1st mob and her gear is not great and i do pretend to be a good channeler ...
    Something is completely wrong with the risk versus reward settings, the x4 means lot of time and few reward while WOE is trivial instant gratification.\\

To give an example nobody cares about Digg phases, they dps during the reflect, we only care about one totem and sometimes not even ...
  13. Fistpower Well-Known Member

14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I agree WOE is too easy.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yes, it's insane that x4 mobs take much more time invested to kill them, and yet drop gear barely better than x2 content (worse in some cases) and also clearing all the raid zones gives less loot than running WoE three times with your third string alts in a one group.

The idea has already been thrown out that raid mobs should drop more loot due to the constricted timeframe, or just drop accessory palettes that allow you to pick which item you want, IE pick between four rings on woushi's table, pick between all the shoulders woushi has to offer so we don't give you three brawler shoulders tehehehehehehe.

Crazy idea.
    Kalika likes this.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Also it would be nice if trash was dropping loot whose quality would be similar to x2 fabled ... People tend to get bored so we have a lot of turn over, this mean 8 ? jewelry pieces + armor ... when WOE came out my warden who has been attending 90% of our raid since april was still wearing some earing with 93 stats and a BP from SOH (we killed trakanon often but enough for everyone to get the BP).

An on top we throw away the armor patterns of the mobs we have on farm ;-)

Last running WOE is not really fun, it is just too easy even with 6, the only "hard" fight is the serie of books ..
  17. Ratface Member

More loot would be nice. Although personally I don't really raid for loot.

WoE is easy, but then I tend to run it with a guild group and the occasional guild alt. How tough is it for fresh 80 player in a mix of quested and dungeon gear?
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

After doing Miragul tonight the mob felt fine, six minutes overall wasn't too bad.

If my entire raid had wands and weren't slackers i'm pretty sure we could kill it in four minutes.

Big difference from a 10+ minute fight we were dealing with before.

Also being able to run a channeler's pet because the charm was deleted makes it a lot easier when tanks don't die and mobs run around killing people.

Mob was 1-2 groupable before if you hated your life and wanted to sit there for an hour, now you could sit there for around 30 minutes and 2 group it.
    Kalika likes this.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

My only wand is a 86 one from the general a ^^ named in Moor, all the ranged item i got have no damage. I should probably switch to this rusty wand but well 1/2 of the raid mob can proc various detrimental on an atatck (stun, manadrain etc ...) so quite often i setauto to 3 ...