What is the point of giving alts access to the Blinding?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lateana, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

From what I have seen it matters not if you have access if you can't get any quests without doing the Prelude quest.
    Soara2, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

The can grab the new starter armor which will help complete the Prelude quest.
  3. Faery Member

And go and fetch the new mercenaries for them.
    Soara2 and Obano like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

How do you fetch a merc for someone else?
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Faery Member

Them = alts
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Makes no sense "you fetch a merc for an alt"?
    Once you have unlocked the zone for alts all of your alts should have access, regardless of level or political affiliation.
    You paid for the mercs that are in there
    Arclite and Soara2 like this.
  7. Thornfinger Member

Unfortunately, you can't access the mercs if you don't meet the level requirements.
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  8. Jovie Well-Known Member

Do what i do and play like 3 expansions behind live. Usually everything is fixed by then.
    Orionza, Rienna, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Then you are playing by yourself..not exactly the definition of MMO
    Wulfgyr and Arclite like this.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

So it would seem the only reason is to get the armor to complete last Xpac's Prelude quest that was broken by the current Xpac. Since you cannot use the bug to get to Sanctus Seru, you have to sneak down there via a death or three for the healer merc, and a ton of deaths to get to the tank merc. Or have someone else get there and call you to them via guild flag or some other device.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

There are some quests you can get without doing that ridiculous required instance. Also, gathering materials and shinies. And getting the gear from the box will help some when you are ready to do the instance.
    Argosunited and parissa like this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm ticked off that DB advertises a merc (or two) as part of more expensive xpacs but doesn't tell potential buyers that they have to fulfill certain requirements before they can access the merc. As with most DB communication, their advertising leaves a lot to be desired in the transparency department.

The Overseer feature was another case where they lured players into buying a more expensive xpac just to find that any character, doing the overseer quests, needs a hire-anywhere merc and a familiar for each quest. While you might technically be able to complete a quest, without either a merc or familiar, you are less likely to have a successful outcome.

Then there is the ever portal that is a huge monstrosity that takes up way too much floor space. While players might be able to minimize the size, using the housing layout program, I don't think the majority of players know how to use that program. I had a heck of a time finding a space for the portal in our guild hall and I had to shove it in the store room of my crafting house.

Next xpac, if I'm still playing, I'm sticking with the basic xpac until I find out all the things DB doesn't want customers to know in advance when purchasing xpacs.
    Finnwizz and Wulfgyr like this.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Guide quests? Harvesting? Leveling safe fall?
    Lateana and parissa like this.
  14. Zylara Well-Known Member

You dont NEED to use the housing layout program to mess with sizes of items rofl that was all in game previously the layout tool just allows for more movement, fussiness etc, For changing sizes IN GAME when placing item just use your shift button and the mouse wheel that adjusts sizes (if wanting to adjust size in smaller increments just hold shift and alt as same time as mouse wheel, this allows for slower reduction), to turn the item just use the alt button and mouse wheel and to move up or down use the ctrl button and mouse wheel and PS I learnt all that when I first started playing this game yrs ago with NO HELP!
    Pixistik likes this.
  15. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this.....might even go F2P if things don't change, only thing I'll miss is the fast travel.
    Finnwizz, Lateana and Rhodris like this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

I reduced the size of the portal but it is still way too big. Using the housing layout program allows players to reduce and enlarge items far more than using the in-game sizing function.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Take the bug to Recuso Tor. Turn around, hop on the bug again, and go to Seru's Ascent - that's right outside the gates. Yes, I died a few times before facepalming and figuring that out.
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The bug isn't visible if you haven't done the Prelude quest. That is the problem.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is not correct from my experience. I've done the prelude quest on all my alts and none of them saw the bug on zone in.
    The travel bug showing up seemed to be triggered by the first/second quest I ran in the zone. From npc near zone in area (not the sig line npc).

(I realize this is tangential to your thread title - but wanted to add info on this point)
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Almee Well-Known Member

You are correct, Xianthia. The bug doesn't appear till you have done the quest line up to where you are sent to Recuso Tor. I think you have to complete 3 Binding quests before that quest is given to you. But to get the quests, you have to have completed the prequel quest which is a bear of a quest. The Binding quests are pretty easy to complete.