What is the Dreadcutter?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Kalmaraa, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Kalmaraa Active Member

I have heard 2 things abotu the Dreadcutter for the new zones, both of which contradict each other.

1. That the ship is ment to ferry souls to and from the Ethermere, this is already in contradiction due to the nature of how souls already arrive at the zones, though docks in both zones suggest this could be true.
    2. It's a warship made for the forces that follow Drinal's Zek aspect ment soley for conquest. For some reason I doubt this as well, as drinal, let alone the zones don't really need the ships due to how there connected with those pits regardless.
    Personally I wouldn't mind clearing this up once and for all.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I always viewed it much as one would the River of Styx and that Dreadcutter was originally a vessel designed to ferry souls not to Etherenere but instead to the final planes where souls reside. In Everquest 2 A souls final resting place is that of the Plane of their god, a Norrathian who worshiped Zek would find themselves ending within the Plane of War (which now is highly unstable due to the death of Rallos).

Dreadcutter served as the inter-planar ship that ferried souls, as seen there are prisoners within the Aft of the ship being held there by the Rallosians.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Emissary Vex Active Member

All I know about it is what the NPCs tell you during the main CoE questline. It was a ship that brought people to whichever plane they decided they wanted to spend eternity in; however Ethernere lost access to the other planes when the God's removed access to them; leaving everyone's souls stuck in the Ethernere. When the Ogres first began their uprising they took control of the ship to use it for their own purpose.
    Kaitheel, Kalmaraa and Kalderon like this.
  4. Kalmaraa Active Member

At I see, and that makes the most amount of sense. It takes the waiting souls to there final resting point and not in to the ethermere. Thanks for making that more clear.
  5. Dragan Active Member

The prisoners are in the bow not aft.
    Estred likes this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Thank you for the correction, I tend to get my ship-terms mixed up some times. :p
  7. Lament Active Member

Technically, they are in the Fo'c's'le (or Forecastle, if you are not a mariner)
  8. Dragan Active Member

Yeah just correcting the general area, I was aware of the forecastle part, didn't want to get too technical. ;)
  9. Kalmaraa Active Member

A USN vet here, feel free to get technical yea gnome. ;)