What is the difference between Elegy at Death's Door and Elegy of Awakening?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Morganna, Jan 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Morganna Guest

I know this is a really funny question to ask, but I have to do it. What exatly is the difference between our rez spells other than Death's Door can be cast on people outside of the group and your group, and Awakening can only be cast while in a group? Awakening, the one that can only be cast in the group only, costs a lot more power too, for the same effects and just a tad more distance. Am I missing something?
    Message Edited by Morganna on 01-11-200612:36 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Awakening is the group rez, whereas Death's Door is single target. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-zoix Guest

And there on seperate timers so in a raid you have 2 different rezzes. One for the group. (Even if only one person dies) And the 2nd for the other 3 groups.
  4. ARCHIVED-Morganna Guest

Ok, I *thought* that Awakening was a group wide rez, but when I used the other night on raids it only rezed 1 person. This was the second time that happened to me =\

Thanks for the info guys.
  5. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Yes, I had that happen to me, too. But I think that's probably because the other person(s) didn't answer the requester. They'll revive at different times, which makes it hard to tell if it was your spell that ressurected them.
    Also, the the other group members could have been out of range.
    Message Edited by Floppel on 01-11-200610:37 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-juzam Guest

Also it doesn't have a big area so while you dont have to have a dead guy targetted, they all have to be near you.
    Plus in a raid, it only works on your group, so save the single target for people outside your group preferably.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bashem Guest

The 58 spell is just an Apprentice II correct?

And will a group rez break a Mez?
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

The 58 spell has no tier, as it is not upgradable.
    Resurrection does not affect mobs, so will not break mesmerization.
  9. ARCHIVED-Borelin Guest

I am only 57 and Fresh back to teh game what lvl do we get our group rezz? Didn;t even know we got one lol
  10. ARCHIVED-Borelin Guest

Also, is it a Rezz entire group or just single target group only?
  11. ARCHIVED-Borelin Guest

NM answered my own questions: Dirge 58 Elegy of Awakening Resurrects a group of fallen allies. This spell can be cast during combat.