What is the best solo class?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Supermarshmellow, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Supermarshmellow Member

I didnt say monks r the best there good butnot the best at least thats the way i feel
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

I think he was referring to my post, you just jumped in as he was typing it
  3. Supermarshmellow Member

4. Supermarshmellow Member

5. Supermarshmellow Member

6. SentinelBasch Active Member

Firstly, you really didn't need to post this thread in more than one forum - this one would have been enough.

That said, based on what you wrote in the other thread, I think you would benefit from a class with healing. It's a little difficult for me to understand how you can have a Level 75 Conjuror and then afterwards die with so many other classes before Level 10. Perhaps now you want a "charge into the fray" kind of experience? If so, I'd recommend a class that can wear heavy armor and can heal. Paladins and shadowknights are both good choices. My first foray into the game was as a Paladin, which I took into the 20's without dying, and then I drowned during combat because I wasn't paying enough attention. I do like to push boundaries and test my limits - Paladins have both awesome AoE and survivability so it's hard not to.

I have died more since then, but not for a good while. It took longer than 10 levels to learn how to play my character, and I'm still learning at Level 50. I've seen other posters recommend Level 20, but I'm really not sure even that's enough time.

I really don't have any other advice for you, and I doubt anyone else here is going to be to give you any more information than you already know. You've played the other classes - there has to be at least one that was enjoyable. Take it a little farther.
  7. Mimixx(2) Member

If you like to take on many targets and do some nice DPS - Zerker / SK / Brawler

If you like to have high survivibility and do some average DPS - Mystic / Inq / Fury

If you like low survivebility and insane DPS - Wizard / Warlocks / Sins / Brig / Swasy

Balanced in most of those above - Beastlord

Troub and dirge can be good also but not seen many.
  8. Jofe Member

I have Conjy/SK/Bruiser/Warlock/Troub maxed out.

My conjy, can tear through more content at a much faster rate than any of the other classes i have can. With the stoneskins, massive dps, heals, slow spells, roots, stuns, knockdowns, AE's, death prevents on pets, agro drops, pet call, different kinds of pets for scripts, power regens, and translocation. The conjy is a very good solo class when played right. My normal plat run PR/VS/Korsha/SoH/Munzoks/Trakanon/VP takes less than 1hr and 40mins with my conjy. Currently only kill first name in Munzoks and I skip Silverwing in VP but clear the rest. On my Bruiser and Sk I have started skipping Byzola, and my SK skips Korsha altogether because killing twins can take several tries which wastes time. My conjy can do much harder content than my plat runs but it seems the harder the mobs hit the better off my tanks are compared to my conjy. Also, taking on several mobs at once isnt an issue because he can kill mobs at range about as fast as my tanks can round them up.The tanks can go reckless and do much more dps on mobs but then they are taking much more damage directly where the conjy can run max dps while pet is taking the damage and effects.

There are some zones that my bruiser and sk do better solo with merc, and they have the ability to run past mobs and fd.

Warlock and troub are not nearly as good but to be fair they are not geared as well either, but i really cant see them doing what the other classes can do speed wise

My conjy does so much better on my plat runs than my other classes that i thought about making another conjy :p.
  9. Othaodin Member

No one picked Guardian? to other people are guardians really THAT bad?
  10. SentinelBasch Active Member

Yeah, I know how you feel, not many people mention Paladins either, but we rock.

I think a lot of the reason has to do with the mercenary system. The healer mercs are pretty efficient (or so I've heard, I haven't used mercs yet), so I think a lot of people opt more for pure DPS classes over other types, and let the mercs keep up their healing.

But you and I both know that real men only wear plate armor. ;)
  11. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Brawler without a doubt is the easiest/less hassle. FD flopping is a massive QoL improvement for soloing, especially for soloing stuff like VP where the trash takes forever.

SK is another solid choice. Better at AOE farming than the brawler, but you pay for it with having to wait a lot longer between FD flops.

You can also make most of the healers, pallys, and the summoner mages work solo but they are all a bit more work compared to the brawler or SK.
  12. Gilasil Active Member

I guess it depends on your playstyle.

My main was a bruiser for many years but I hated FD flopping and avoided it -- it still seems incredibly cheesy.

I also leveled a monk and an SK.

I'm currently leveling up a paladin and am constantly amazed at how much he can handle. I've stopped bringing a merc along as it isn't needed. the pally definately can handle stuff my beastlord couldn't handle at the same level. Can't do as much DPS, but it can pull a ton of mobs and still be standing when they're gone which the beastlord couldn't. Right now I consider paladin by far the easiest fighter to level.

Bringing a merc healer along absolutely makes things possible which weren't before, but if you have a choice between taking a merc, and not needing a merc the latter is by far preferable. On my pally if my health is getting low I just pop a heal of which I have several. On my beastlord if my health is getting low I hope I have a healing primal up and enough savagry to use it.Otherwise I'm praying that that stupid merc will pop a heal in time. Usually he does; sometimes he doesn't. Besides which, the pally takes FAR less damage even when the pally is in offensive and the beastlord is in defensive (I don't use reckless as it increases the damage taken too much).
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

brawlers(bruiser/monk gear dependent)
    assassin(low hp names very gear dependent)
    ranger (with enough room to kite forgiving in terms of gear)
    summoners(necro/conj most forgiving in terms of gear)
    beastlord in spritual (median range gear dependent)
    crusaders(sk/pally gear dependent)
    rouge (brig/swash very gear dependent)
    ranger (no room to kite gear becomes more of an issue)
    inquis/warden/mystic (some what gear dependent or mana will run short)
    wizard(so low because nothing can be rooted anymore median gear dependent)
    fury (can't root nuke either gera dependent mana)
    lock/illy/coercer(again no CC pretty useless tbh but not as gera dependent)
    defiler/templar ( who cares they suxors)
    assassin (high hp names and even with the best gear in the game the suxors too)

think that's all and if not mentioned you can assume they aren't that great. in case you don't get it, they are in order of effectiveness as a solo class.
    gear dependency is based on if a mob will be hitting you or not for the most part but mana and damage potential also play a small role.
    solo play is for the most part all about living longer than your opponent rather than killing your opponent.
  14. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

This list is consistent with my experience, as well. As to reiterate what Davngr said, if you want to solo the really tough stuff, it's all about reaching the "immortality line", meaning you are able to mitigate and self-heal the MOB's damage well enough that your health and power remain constant for as long as it takes you to DPS it down. This means that the glass-canon classes, who have massive DPS but poor survivability, do very well against easy stuff, but simply can't handle the big dogs who have enough HP to get the chance to hit back. Wizards and warlocks can one-shot solo MOBs all the live-long day, but won't be solo-farming Trakanon anytime soon.
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

If there was any 'best' solo class you wouldn't have to be asking this question because everyone would be playing it. It's subjective, so there isn't any one answer.
  16. Gregore Active Member

SK by far is the best solo class for me. VP solo runs are the only time I wish I had another class (insert brawler class here). Otherwise SK's rock for me. I farm PR, SOH (1st 4 named), MMB (1st encounter), & Miragul's Planar Shard (1st 3 named) in reackless stance with an INQ merc. VP and PR boss in Defensive stance with INQ Merc. New COE solo zones solo in reckless. Lifetaps, AOE's, and divine Aura are your friends to make up for extra damage taken from reckless stance.
  17. Davngr Well-Known Member

you can subject all you want assassin is terrible as soloing anything that does not die post conceal chain.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you. :p
    Sigrdrifa and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  19. Molechaus New Member

No the best solo class is Conjurer. There is just noone else who can dish out that dmg without getting hit and they dont need to worry about chains breaking like wizards do. The pet is capable of aggroing and tanking more than one mob. Make a conjurer and you'll never have to rely on another player again.