What is the best solo class?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Supermarshmellow, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Supermarshmellow Member

Plz explain why
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

The best solo class is the one you are most comfortable with. I'm a better soloer on my healers, but some do a better job on their brawlers
  3. Deago Well-Known Member

Gigolo.

....did you mean in EQ2? :p
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

What is the best solo class? Any that you are comfortable playing.

Plz explain why: because.

Answers were general because the question was general. I mean, you can't ask a nine-word question and expect a doctoral thesis in response.

tl;dr - Narrow down the question and we'll be able to give you more specific answers.
  5. Kotter Legendary Member

bruiser. high dps and self heal. mercs can also make any class good soloers.
  6. Laiina Well-Known Member

Anything but Templar
  7. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Don't bother with a solo class, just get an online degree from Phoenix University. Nobody needs that much personal attention from the instructor, anyway.

In the future, I don't recommend asking a bunch of strangers to perform a subjective analysis without giving any information about your preferences.
    Jrel likes this.
  8. VeilShard Active Member

OP: plz elaborate
  9. Aryowyn New Member

I am loving my monk. best 750 SC i've spent.
  10. Supermarshmellow Member

Btw best class without merc
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

SMM, I'm not really sure if you are trying to troll us, or if you actually don't understand that unless you provide more info about what, exactly, you want to know, we won't be able to give you an objective answer.

For example, if someone wanted to know the best solo class for the first 70 or so levels of the game, the classes that would be mentioned would comprise a subset of the set which contains all classes. For 71-90, a different subset (with some classes shared with the previous subset) of classes would be mentioned. For 90+, a third subset, which may or may not contain classes from the other two, of classes would be mentioned.

Personally, I've had easier time soloing with my Necro and with my SK. Not surprisingly, those are also the characters that I have taken the time to learn in greater detail than the other toons.

Each person may have their own opinion on which class is best for soloing, but the truth is that it is less about the class being played and more about the person playing it. By this, I mean that, with sufficient tenacity, any class can be soloed to level 90 (really they can be soloed to 95, but some will take quite a bit more time than others), it just depends upon how much work you are willing to put into learning the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen class.
  12. Supermarshmellow Member

I just want your opininon wat class do u think is the best with the consideration no merc
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Any class. (Including Templar). Soloing is just a matter of determining your limits and staying just inside them. If you guess wrong, the mobs will let you know.
  14. Supermarshmellow Member

15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's impossible to really answer your question without knowing something about your playstyle. EVERY class can solo all the way to 95. If you can give us more specific details of how you like to play, we can give you more specific recommendations.

Are you wanting to quest a lot, explore, see strange new sights? Any class with feign death (Monk, Bruiser, Shadowknight, Necromancer) and/or self-invisibility/stealth (Conjuror, Necromancer, Ranger, Assassin, Dirge, Troubador, Swashbuckler, Brigand, Beastlord) can be great for this type of play.

Are you looking for something that just slaughters everything with ease? For that, you want a DPS-class. If you do not have a sense of humor about dying, then mages probably are not for you (they're dressed in tissue paper, so death comes easy). If you can laugh off dying then all of the mage classes can be good hunters, with the Conjuror and Necromancer being the "easymode" version, since your pet can tank for you. Otherwise, you want one of the scouts: highest scout DPS is going to be Beastlord, Assassin, Ranger, but the Swashbuckler and Brigand have a little more survivability (I have seen a swashbuckler do a very successful job of tanking, when geared and specced for it, on rare occasion).

If you want fast soloing, the tank (Paladin, Shadowknight, Guardian, Berserker, Monk, Bruiser) and healer classes (Templar, Inquisitor, Mystic, Defiler, Fury, Warden) may not be your best bet, their DPS is lower than a true DPS-class. But tanks and healers, especially with a mercenary, tend to have great survivability. I will admit to prejudice in preferring a paladin (D'oh! My main is a pally!) Of the healer classes, probably for soloing you would do best with one of the so-called "Battle Priests", i.e. Inquisitor, Mystic, or Warden. These healers all can use their AA to spec their spells into combat arts. Inquisitors can do some awesome damage when played right, and they're in plate armor. I like my mystic and her ghost dog too. (I haven't ever played a warden).
  16. Gharish Active Member

I solo Templars quite well. I've solo'd and Molo'd most classes with the exception of the scouts. Its pretty much a matter of taste and playing a class to see how well you handle it.
  17. Supermarshmellow Member

Im srry again i asked wat class solos the best i alrwady know every class can solo but which one oversll can solo ver well
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

By best solo class, I assume you mean things you're not supposed to solo, like heroic named, etc. Any class can solo overland mobs.

I personally have found that fighters, and in particular brawlers, are the best. This is because they take less damage, have a healing spell on a reasonably fast reuse time, have death saves and do reasonable dps. I have a zerker as well and in certain circumstances, such as when there are low hitting adds that can heal me as they hit, he's pretty good. But generally my bruiser is better, and he has worse gear.

Priest classes are good too as they don't die easily, but they kill things slower.

Dps classes are ok if you don't get hit much, but if you're toe to toe then the mob needs to die quicker than you, and sometimes that's not possible.
  19. Supermarshmellow Member

The way i see it most healers can solo well but some can, for scouts there aleight unless u have more then 2 mobs attacking u then ur done. For fighters it depends crusaders are good zerker is good guardian is horrible and the beawlers r good but u just have to be careful with them conj necro amd illy are good because of pets for the other mages im not really sure
  20. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I completely agree with the above. In my experience, Monk is the best solo class in the game. They don't do the most damage, or have the best survivability, but they have the perfect combination of both so that they are neither glass canons nor turtles. And never, ever underestimate how huge an effect brawler Feign Death can have on your quality of life. No other class has the freedom to explore and experiment like a brawler, since we can basically choose to avoid any fight or abort any encounter whenever we feel like it. Need to take a break from the game, but you're waist-deep in Mistmoore Castle? No problem, just toggle AFK and drop to the ground, even mid-combat (though this is fairly rude if you aren't solo). Want to kill some bosses in Veeshan's Peak for cash, but don't feel like spending 3 hours fighting through trash MOBs? No problem, just FD-flop your way to your destination!

And on top of all that, monks are also totally badass tanks for heroic and raid content! We're so awesome these days, it almost makes it worth suffering through the first 6 years of the game.