Fixed Internally What is going on with Thurgadin again?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Arclite, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

The lag has been higher than the usual standards. We usually lag even when a pet emotes with a hello but over the last week it has been 2-3 minutes of not being able to do anything. It feels like a wave of lag that comes and goes.

In another inexplicable event last night, I was playing on my assassin and was in the old RE zone and was lagging all over the place so I re-logged. After returning and a long zoning in session, lo and behold, my assassin was still in RE but my hotbars were of my tank. The buffs in the maintained window were of the assassin. I could move the assassin but abilities were not working. I logged out of frustration and today I just logged on my tank and he is now standing in RE. He was in Blinding last night.

No idea what is going on but an explanation would be very helpful..."Your Highness Devs"...or whoever looks after the server. Being extra respecful with an aim of getting a response.

P.S. nothing to do with my connection. A lot of people are experiencing similar symptoms at the moment.
    Beee, Sharann, Jaeded and 5 others like this.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Wow. I thought crashing to desktop 4 times last night was bad but this is some ghost in the machine mess.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Kobig New Member

Happening also on Halls of Fate server.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Ursprung Member

It's become really horrible! It looks like the server in Amsterdam is an "old fat lady".
    Or are they gremlins?
    :p
    Previously, connecting to my 56k modem was better (and now:
    Download: 102498
    Upload:38855kbit/s
    Ping: 13 ms
    :D Slowest server since I played ultima online, on the server "Drachenfels" :D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Ursprung Member

Ups, I forgot: " It's not a trick - it's a Sony"
    for the older players among us
    Whilhelmina and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Make sure to start a separate thread for HoF as you can only address one thing in one thread. Also everybody remember to upvote the original post by liking it.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am seeing it on Thurgadin right now, the sudden unexplainable stoppage of everything that usually precedes a server crash. I gave up adventuring and tried to work on my house. But I keep getting the message that the house item I am trying to remove from my bags and place is in use by another character :( I presume this is related to the server lag issue.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

I'm on Thurgadin and have had several laggy moments today. I had the devil of a time getting one of my characters in this morning (or was it yesterday morning? I have forgotten - but it was probably this morning). She was in her Luxurious Kromzek Keep prestige home and for some reason it just could not get a response from that server. I got kicked at least once because it took too long to respond, closed the window and restarted the game at least a couple of times because nothing was happening, logged in successfully on other characters and still couldn't get in on Marae. Finally I got her in there, the gods know how, and had no further issues - but you better believe I didn't leave her in that house when I logged out!
  9. Sharann Well-Known Member

For me it's mainly in the Blinding on Thurgadin. Like a loooooong freeze (30 sec - 1 min) then it catches up. It is unplayable.
  10. Sharann Well-Known Member

Okay since today's patch there seems to be no lag anymore in the Blinding so far yay! :)