What is done about botters?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Surgeon, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't waste your time complaining about it here. First, what happens if you send a /tell to each of the characters? Does more than one reply? Does any of them reply? You may want to use /report if you get hostile communication back. Get FRAPS or other video recording tool, get in-game video of this happening, get screen shots, get the names, and then create a Support Ticket. Explain that you believe the person is using third-party software to automate his characters, and why you believe that to be so, tell them the approximate time and date you used /report, give links to the video, and attach the screenshots. If a GM determines someone is botting, they take punitive action, and it seems like they've gotten more aggressive about it here of late.

If someone with what appears to be a bot army is doing stuff and it doesn't impact your gameplay, it's probably easiest to ignore it. But if they're hogging content or doing anything harmful to you, then gather documentation and let the GMs sort it out.

Oh, and BEFORE you even start the process of making a /petition or Support Ticket, take a minute or two and read the EQ2 Rules of Conduct in full, so you know what is and what isn't an infraction. I find that the GM response is better when you say, "The Rules of Conduct says quote the rule and this guy is doing X, Y, and Z, which appears to violate that rule".
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

I like this lol.. and to most it won't but to some people they feel it's necessary to spend the time to report them...before I ran programs, (yes I got banned, so no need in reporting me) I didn't care who was doing what as long as I could enjoy the game :)
  3. Lorilie Member

It is pretty impacting when he is using a program to lock down a mob with BiS loot that everyone wants. I am all for fighting for it but sitting there and using unfair advantages to broker the loot is demoralizing.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Tommara Active Member

My bad, I missed the TLE tag on this thread.

Botter issues are only relevant in contested zones, which haven't existed in the end game for years.

And on the live servers, botters aren't an issue in the contested zones, because, bless their hearts, there's nobody in them to interfere with.

But yeah, for TLE servers, botters are bad unless they find places like Tombs of Night, that are instanced and not contested.

I have to admit that most fun I've had recently in an MMO is in Anarchy Online's version of TLE contested zones, where people invite me instead of competing with me for the same content, which was also true in the first TLE EQ2 server I played.

If botters don't invite on contested content on TLE servers, I agree that's a bad thing.

But I suspect that DBG is financially better off in the short term, by ignoring botters on TLE servers, since each one is a paid account.

Obviously bad in the long term, as are their practices for max level toons on the live servers.
  5. Bentenn Well-Known Member

so if he's a necro and using protect on his pet then you're not going to win anyway lol.. whether he's got a program or not.. that's why they beat up a bunch of summoners back in the DOF days in the City pulling guards.. found a corner and set pet to protect.. afked all day lol.. it may be a program, it may be a pet :)
  6. Lorilie Member

It is not like that. All his toons will instantly turn and tag the mob, before it even renders for me anyway. He has been there logging in when the x2 is due for days, literally. My guild, and several others have tried but it is such an effort to sit there and spam instant cast blues for the large window of spawn time, and he will just take it anyway even if your spamming a no cast time blue.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

It's funny how even though there is a EULA, botters aren't an issue on LIVE lol..but on TLE you're done first time, no warning, life goes on...DBG is probably not financially better off as they probably have banned as many accounts as they had become active again for the TLE, so my guess is they are balanced, which as on the other thread I was reading about the XP pot exploit, they wont' touch because they will lose money on the XP potions...best to say they set the rules and flex them how they want or what brings in the most money, and I don't blame them.. is what it is...
  8. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Can I "box" on the Event server?

While players can utilize multiple accounts, as a reminder, the use of third party software to modify gameplay is against the Terms of Service and this is strictly being enforced during the Race to Trakanon.

Accounts found to be utilizing this software will be suspended, characters on Race to Trakanon deleted, and any rewards removed.

Nothing of the sorts was mentioned to "boxxers" for the Kaladium server as was the RTT, and even if they did it they simply got suspended, not banned.. just curious again, what approach is DBG taking moving forward and will they "strictly enforce" this on live servers, or is that okay.....
  9. Surgeon Active Member

Moving this thread away from the general public into TLE section won't make the problem go away.
    Banning afk botters will.