What instances are being solo'ed these days?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-GrimReap, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-GrimReap Guest

I am prettty new to eq2 and wondering what instances are being solo'd by talented necro's these days. What level are you vs. the level of the instance? What bosses/named are you taking down?
    In eq1 it was fun trying to max out my necro in gear that would help me solo L Guk, Chardok, Sebilis, etc. and Im wondering are skillful necro's doing this in EQ2 also?
    You dont have to be clearing the entire instance to respond. Just respond with what you are having fun soloing atm.
    Thank you.
    Hieroglyph, Lvl 40 NEC
  2. ARCHIVED-007djdeadly Guest

These days my necro is soloing New Tunaria. As in the character select screen. I haven't played him sinced I speced for Accelerated Decay and my conjy friend got Elemental Blast.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gruffyd Guest

Currently I am soloing in the Hole but I haven't tried very many places since this is my first high level char and I only have had experience in a handful of dungeons that are level 60-80.
    In the Hole I have killed a lot of the named, some of them 90^^^. Had to skip the last rat boss since he spawns adds too quickly.
    I did run OOA with a 80 guardian and if I was good enough at jumping for the second boss I would be able to solo that entire zone for sure. I was tanking the whole time and the guard was adding some DPS. If I was as pro as I have seen some people stop the energy balls at the second boss though I could just jump while my pet DPSed.
    I am running with the mage pet at expert and tainted heals (185AA right now). My gear isn't amazing, some T2, one T3, but still some treasured SF drops :( I do have my Mythical from Epic Repurcussions though which I upgraded from my Epic. The majority of the Epic can be solo'd at 90. Same with the upgrade quest.
    I find the mage pet generates more agro and does more damage even though it is a bit squishier. But I almost have 20k HP with it so the tainted heals are still pretty good. That is also comparing it to a Master level fighter pet so I am sure once I nab a Master for the mage it will be even better.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

You should be able to solo all of Emperors Athenaeum (minus the final boss encounter) with relative ease.
  5. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

At evel 90 with 202AA's and all three pets mastered I have soloed the hole contested with relative ease, quite a bit of the Hole instances and I soloed my way through the library of Erudin for the epic repercussions update easily. All of the old Moors zones that don't scale in level like OOA are pretty easy and I've four manned PR a few times but never tried it solo. I'm pretty sure that my Necro could duo PR with a good warden for the first four bosses but the rest would be pretty difficult if not impossible at this point. When I was lvl 88 I was still using my old lvl 77 tank pet (stops leveling at 86) and he was able to tank everything we tried with him up to the easiest Vasty deep zones for a full group. With the master tank pet I have no doubt that he could effectively tank for a full group if we couldn't find a real tank. Half the fun of playing a Necro to me anyways, is trying new stuff and seeing what I can do. My necro was the first charactor I made when EQ2 first went live, created the first day the game was open to the public, and he still suprises me sometimes... lol