What I would love to test...

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...would be any tool functionality from Landmark, now that that's kaput. If it uses the same game engine, the sheer glorious functionality of the decorating tools there were magnificent, and would really be appreciated here. We can get our own materials here, we have housing already in place (whose rents are infinitely more logical and possible), what we really lack is being able to really tweak things the way we could there. I especially miss the "carving" tools of various shapes (though I'm not sure what would become of the material we carved out; perhaps it would be like Salvage?) and real spheres. :-/

Uwk
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The voxel engine used in landmark and the engine used in EQ2 are completely different.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh... :(

Did you participate in Landmark, too? And if so, which engine did you prefer? There are probably good/bad things about both of them...

Uwk
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Meh... the game play was significantly different and clearly unfinished. The decorating side was much more versitile, but also much more challenging. There was a MUCH bigger gap between the 'average' decorator/builder and the 'good' ones then there is here... both in time spent and skill required.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the "time spent" bit wasn't helped by the rent ridiculousness... I know how this will sound, but sometimes it's good to have a bunch of pre-made stuff in place already available, you know? Whether it's merchant-sold or quested or bought or crafted. I'd just like to have a set of tools, similar to something like clay-working tools only electronic, to go along with the options we have already. :) Hopefully, there'll be a way to introduce that; even if it's only "unlockable" on the Marketplace, I wouldn't mind (though I would mind having it only be available through getting the uber-version of the next expac :().

Uwk
  6. Uxtalzon Active Member

I don't think anything from Landmark could be used for EQ2, aside from models which are a bit cartoony and right up WoW's style. I don't think they even saved any player data or builds, because Daybreak wanted Landmark and any of its remnants gone.

The voxel tech they nerfed at launch and players couldn't reproduce anything they saw in trailers and videos. The Forgelight Engine they used is so heavily flawed that H1Z1 developers now admit they can't implement deep water or swimming because of its limitations, 3 years after saying they would (likely in response to PUBG's fully-implemented but slightly buggy water system players are jumping ship to).

But I'm sure we can port over random crashes and hanging while zoning!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ux, we already have that last... :D

Uwk
    who'd love to test a solution for that... ;->