What housing items do you want?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Omougi, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Omougi Guest

We've seen a lot of good ideas for housing items on these boards. In an effort to get those ideas in one place, please let us know *in this thread* what housing items you want. Thanks! :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

The type that are in game and not bought with SC.
  3. ARCHIVED-Davalin Guest

Above all else a tradeskill fuel vendor.

I am trying to fill out my island home as a small village and would like the following:
    Farm animal plushies or a copy of pets that do not wander.
    Statues/marble carvings the EQ2 gods.
  4. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Curtains (left curtain, valance, right curtain)
    Door frames
    Windows and/or window frames.
    A clear glass tile with just enough texture to appear to be glass. The Qeynos Display cases and Small Display Cases have "glass" in them. That same texture would be fabulous for a tile - no edges, borders, etc. Just a solid square of "glass".
    Triangles (that match the city festival tiles)
    Triangles (that match the crafted tiles)
    Rug sets (for instance a recipe that creates a container item (like the bg DoV armor recipes) and that you can then choose to pull out a square, runner, rectangle, oval, or circle of any of that same pattern).
    Building block sets (non-marketplace)
    Carpet squares (same size as regular tiles please, just textured to look like carpeting)
    Desert poppies in various colors (pink, light blue, navy, deep purple, yellow, red, multi, white, lavendar, etc)
    Fuel depot
    More doors - maybe some that are built into an already existing squared up door frame. I love the Neriak door, but trying to build a frame for it, even with editing, is a nightmare. Double doors, glass doors, white doors with windows in them, etc would be nice.
    Stairs - with railings and without railings. Spiral ones, straight ones, etc. I'd like to see some white wooden sets, some sets that match both the eucalyptus and sumac furniture (with the gold color for railings), and some black iron sets.
    More fencing - something a wealthy high elf might fence in their homes and gardens with would be nice.
    NON-MARKETPLACE ITEMS
  5. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Pets that stay or can be turned into plushies. This is a bigge for me!
    Froglock meditation pool!!! I love the graphic on this thing!
  6. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

I made a thread in the items forum recently: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=512838
    Here's what I was suggesting:
    I'm wondering with SC being such a big source of revenue why isn't a 'Character' plushie that copies your character offered as either a SC, DM, or Tradeskilled item?
    At the moment all players can do is put their characer's outfits on mannequins but having a plushie OF your Character you can place in your house would be so much better to decorate with.
    How many accounts with activity in the last 30 days have homes with mannequins in them? What fraction of them are really 'trying' to create 'dolls' of their character as house items?
    How much coding effort is required to enable plushies of player characters? What would be the revenue per 'effort' required to create such an item?
    Character plushies that can have static action appearances would be great.
    i.e. in combat, crafting, kneeling, on their back (bed), on their face (dead) etc. player picked. Nothing quite like having a bunch of alts that you can't 'see' unless you're on them, but having 'stuffed' standing alts is a little on the limited side. We shoud be able to set our TS alts to 'appear' to be working at crafting stations via their plushies.
    If you'd like some extra credit, you can enable a 'wandering' and pathing 'pet' style plushie. A lot of the existing house pets manage to wander all over the place if you have them out so come of the code is already there.
    Basically I want to see my TS alts hard at work and see my main in various places! If pathing and walk cadence could be set to match 'sultry' or 'determined' NPCs that would be bonus. For ideas, see the Dark elf with spikes in her hair in SFP on Justice road or some of the pacing militia for contrasting gaits.
  7. ARCHIVED-Akantha Guest

Yes, triangles! And carpet and curtains. Also: Wallpaper Wall paint Guest book Swings Toys Poseable figures would be fun Weather controls Ability to set pathing for pets (make aquariums come alive with circling sharks! )
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I would show a bunch of screenshots but for some reason the ons I've taken sicne the expansion hit are not in the screenshot folder
    Found them, looks like you changed the format so I have to go hunting them up, look for future posts.
  9. ARCHIVED-Krystalea Guest

I absolutely love the stained glass tiles. Available more often and in more colors. Red, white, black, brown, clear, so many possibilities. Maybe integrate them into the city festivals. Right now is Gorowyn, so the theme is red marble, maybe we could add a red stained glass and maybe a white stained glass.
    Or we could make some crafters/decorators really really happy and add these as a recipe. :)
    Would love to see the city festivals more often, maybe all evil one month and all good the next month. I know this request has been made a dozen times, just want to add it again.
    I am all for more tiles and dividers. The things you can do with just those simple things is amazing.
    Building blocks that match all the tiles and dividers we currently have.
    Also, in the Erudin Library, the staircase that spirals upward after you kill the first named, has lettering on some of the tiles, that would be nice as well.
    I am also in love with trinkets, so more trinkets, vases and the like.
  10. ARCHIVED-Davalin Guest

Flower boxes that can hang on the wall like a shelf.
    Triangles would also be good. A 45 degree angle would be best. I edited a setup file and have roof tiles at a 45 degree tilt. I had to use the backs of paintings to fill in the hole between the top of the roof and the divider. To get the geometry take a square and fold it in half from corner to corner.
  11. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Oh, I thought of one other item I really, really want. Half of a sumac armoire. I *love* all things sumac, especially that armoire, but I'd love to see one this size (top accents optional): (pic was edited - I cut off the bottom half of the armoire)
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

A bathtub with running water...
  13. ARCHIVED-Krystalea Guest

That would be perfect for cabinets. So I would like to add that we need more options for cabinets. Edited to add: apparently I missed the quote button, and am referencing Senya's picture.
    And yes, the sumac has a very nice look to it.
    More plants and planters, and planters for windows when we build our own houses. I know we can make some of these things with the editor, but it would be nice to not have to mess with that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Alright found the imaged and cut and pasted them into a collage all these images are from North Qeynos ALONE
    [IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

*NOTE* I would like to see all the items listed below placeable in BOTH personal homes and guildhalls, please! Also SC items guildhall placeable soon?

- A box/item that housing portals can be dropped into to consolidate them. With so many gorgeous prestige houses, the portals are really getting out of control, not to mention wreaking havoc with item counts!
    - Water we can swim in, like blocks and tubes of water with no frames.
    - Stair sections with railings, straight and angled/circular.
    - Working lifts/elevators, perhaps like the ones in Arcane Academy and Shimmering Citadel, resizable.
    - Strings of fairy lights that are craftable year-round with no bells/bows/etc on the ends (just the light strings, please) in various solid colors and color combinations - esp. purple! Would also like them to be stationary and not move back and forth.
    - Curtains! WINDOWS!
    - Dividers without the bottom "lip" to match all the existing dividers.
    - Stained glass like the ornate, intricate, and elaborate in more colors and other shapes, too. More colors in stained glass tiles.
    - Triangle tiles to match all existing and future tiles and dividers.
    - Dividers and tiles that are skinnier (perhaps two sizes, 1/2 and 1/4 the current width).
    - A divider (no lip) that looks like a horizon with ground that matches the grassy, sandy, etc. squares and cloudy tiles.
    - More sky-type tiles: Stormy, Snowy, Night Sky, Moon, Stars (realistic, not like the existing starry squares), Sunset/Sunrise. Environment/sky tiles with effects such as thunder, lightning, rain, snow, etc.
    - A wardrobe that is actually a container and holds armor, weapons and appearance items. (My bank is nearly full of old outfits that I can't bear to part with!)
    Oh, and this painting:
    [IMG]

I would also like to second a couple votes above that these items we are requesting NOT be made SC only items. We are all still miffed because of the building blocks debacle.
    If adding new housing items, please make them available in game via quest, recipe, and/or token merchant. Add fancier versions in SC marketplace AFTER releasing some in game, if you must.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gloriana01 Guest

I took a break from the game in July, recently started playing again, so forgive me if this is already in game and I missed it.
    I would love a tea set. A little teapot, creamer, sugar...with matching cups and saucers (I know there are some cups and saucers already in game).
  17. ARCHIVED-CatamanderEQ2 Guest

FUEL VENDOR OR FUEL DEPOT
    WRIT GIVERS (esp. rush order)

We can craft from home with personal harvest depots and city-merchant elaborate forges/looms/etc.. Why not go the next step and let us do writs at home? Crafted fuel depot would be sufficient -- it doesn't have to be a vendor, but a rush order writ giver in my home would be divine, especially as some guilds don't prioritize such things.
    Heck, I'd be willing to quest in an epic fashion for the capacity to do rush writs at home.
  18. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

CatamanderEQ2 wrote:
    There are some crafted scrolls that allow you to summon writ or rush order npc's. One is Master Service Summoning Scroll and the other is Grandmaster Service Summoning Scroll. The recipes use a mantrap root and makes ten (10) single charge scrolls.
    *Edited to add the item names and links.
  19. ARCHIVED-Madelaine Mae Guest

Windows. Windows. Windows. Windows.
  20. ARCHIVED-dragonhawke Guest

Glass tiles we can use as windows, or, perhaps, even 'generic' windows we can see out of.
    Triangle tiles, 60 - 60 - 60 and 90 - 45 - 45 in the same tiles we can get in moonlight madness, carpenter crafted, and special events.
    Other ideas:
    Different plate patterns:
    [IMG]
    For that matter, turkey legs, different shaped bread too!

Glass top tables:
    [IMG]

More plants:
    Pampas Grass:
    [IMG]
    More leafy textures:
    [IMG]
    Water 'jets' so we can 'build' our own waterfalls.
    'Fish nodes' so we can have swimming fish in our aquariums and zoos.
    Just my 2 Cu.
    --Mez