What has happened to the Assassin???

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Zorennon, May 21, 2018.

1. Zorennon Member

Let me start with a couple observations ::
    1. The sin used to use his invisibility as a bit of a weapon or a advantage for an attack Now it is useless - so other than a very small ( extremely small) damage boost Stalk, Stealth and slip away are out the window . WoW that's 3 spells useless
    2. Pet 1.5 sec cast time (ranger - no cast time ) recast 1mins 52secs ( ranger no recast ) Duration 14.7 secs ( ranger entire fight ) .
    3. The difference originally between a Ranger and a Sins was play style . One was ranged one up close and personal. They use to parse within a few point of each other .
    4. another useless spell that was important and one of the main reason the Sin was loved is Murderous design hate transfer seem everyone has the hate transfer and it is better than the sins . Now we just stick it on any one to help keep us alive LOL

Now lets see-- A decent geared Sin in the Obulus raid zone CAN top the parse not all the time but has his moments at least place in the top five the majority of the time . NOW move the exact raid setup ( absolutely no changes ) to the Planes raid zones. Ya have to squint to see the small print to see if the Sins was actually on the parse. This is laughable the answer i get from most is to betray . This is not an answer but a cop out this is for traitors . I spoke to the devs they acknowledge a issue but have done nothing . I was told that one of them they gave no name was working on this issue . I think they have been on holiday long enough .

Unfortunately Sins are not the only ones screwed

Warlock- great wizzy - sucks
    Congy - great necro - sucks ( not to bad though )

So if everyone whines like me maybe the Devs with actually read this and do something about it BUT do not hold you breath...
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

What has happened is that Rangers have a hawk that is constantly up and Makeshift Arrows, which, Ancient'ed, does about 20m passively and can strike twice. Give Assassins a boost like this, and we'd see more of them. However, learn how to use the Assassin abilities, and you can still be within the top 5 in PoP zones. Mine is. I work extremely hard at it. I learned what is good for this expansion. I can't afford to slack on her if I want to keep her at the top. She's fully infused out. She's got raid gear and her necklace. She uses temp adorns and thorns pots and powerlinks. She is incredibly expensive to run. But I love her. I wouldn't betray her for anything, despite the difference between rangers and sins. Still using your positionals, invis attacks, and stalk isn't useless if you know what you're doing. But ascensions are the big thing for this whole expansion. Learn when and where to use them in your rotations. I won't lie, sins *need* a boost to keep up with rangers a little more easily. But put the work in, and it won't be completely awful.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Also, Murderous Design is a percentage based transfer, so if your tank isn't holding aggro off you, they need to be better.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

I'll be this guy and say it's the player and not the class. Wizards are still damn good, as are necros.So im not sure what your referencing in regard to them. As far as assassins, there are still a "FEW" that know what they're doing. Everything is relative in potency/fervor/DC. If you're at a huge disadvantage on those then no matter what you do you'll be entirely sub par.

Without questions, assassins are some distance behind rangers currently, but classes will never be 100% balanced. There is always a change of power with each expansion. Sure its unfortunate, but its not game breaking. Given how they are a bit at a disadvantage, "IF" you are able to ascertain high parses, take that as a compliment on the back since the community knows the class is currently underpowered.

The same argument was made for beastlords on how they are underpowered. Then you see the few BL that know what the'yre doing and its as if there was no change. And then you see the BL who changed class like the FOTM and they're still terrible.

So to state its entirely on DBG for not making the class up to par is a bit of a stretch.
    Anjel likes this.
  5. Anjel Member

This made me chuckle, a lot.
  6. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Common math doesn't account for skill, those are two separate things. You can know sin from back to front and if you don't have the gear and ascensions, you will lose to someone who just picked the class up 2 days ago. Class balance shouldn't be a relevant topic in the game anymore as it's not played a role in it for years. It's been years since being on top of a parce felt like good work. Competitive players don't like to feel like they did nothing to be where they are, and they also don't want to be killed over because someone else has a rune they don't have. Work+skill not RNG+cash
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

it's not true .. skill still matters

cash doesn't do everything. I've seen player fully GM and with better gear than me and weren't impressive
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

9. Flamace Active Member

Why is it that the fault is always placed on something or somebody else?
  10. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

I would love to see this, because I've used one ascension spell and destroyed a parce before. I've been in t1 gear and gotten destroyed by t4 gear due to literally a gear difference, I moved up to t4 gear and destroyed the other person because they didn't have gm ascensions. If you want to rank a skilled player you have take away all outside advantages. Put them on a test based of literally just the base of the class, and then let them throw numbers against each other, because unless you are literally too slow or just don't care to learn simplistic combinations and situational awareness, then there is absolutely 0 excuse why a fully GM geared out sin would or does lose to any with less. You'd have to be lazy, and doing nothing.