What happened to the Bone Chit Coins of Halas and Gnoll Bones in Blackburrow?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Frubar, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Frubar Member

What happened to these collection quests in Blackburrow? I noticed that the coins and bones are no longer spawning or available in Blackburrow nor are they in my collection quest journal. Are either collection still available? I used to enjoy turning into a gnoll with the collection quest reward 'Petrified Gnoll Eye'.
  2. Rael Member

I ran 9 chars through blackburrow to do the brell quest and found coins 3 times and bones twice. I did venture out to where I knew they used to spawn a lot and didn't see any so although I know they are there they seem to spawn less.
  3. Frubar Member

Yes, I found one coin and one bone deeper in Blackburrow. Thank you for your response. Next collection challenge: finding Nektulos Pine Needles!
  4. Rael Member

If you don't have a crafter that has the divining rod AA it is well worth getting your tinkering up to make some Gnomish Divining Rods (or buying some), they can make shiny hunting a lot less frustrating :)
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The best spot for those Nektulos Pine Needles is Behemoth Pond. They do spawn on the land surrounding this island too but harder to find those (especially the side with the spire). Be prepared to spend lots of time since only one shinie spawns on the island at a time with long respawns. Plus you could get a shard or a bone instead. I found the plat you can make off them is worth more than the small bag you get as a reward. Good luck.
  6. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

there few spots, by a pond near Marr's ascent before going up, and 1 by the fairy pond with goos roaming around.
    castle nektulos do have some spawn spots. (1 in front yard and 1 in 'catwalk rampart'), they are slow respawner.
    they don't spawn fast as in stormhold.
    shiney do often spawn near spire, but as other said,. it is slow.
    it is possible to find near headless horseman's tree stump.

sometimes I find them on the port beach area.
    Nektulos Forest seem to be the most hated zone to look for shineys.