What happened to my poor Merc?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eberron101, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Shocker, shocker.

We had this problem at launch, especially with Mercenary healing. We had this problem in Beta and a few people reported it.

DPS Mercs are naturally in a worse boat, because they have nobody to heal them. This applies to the ordinarily-spongey Lady Croae too.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Lianagha New Member

I will check here from time to time to see if there is an actual Developer response, and a fix. The one posted means nothing. Mercs are broke, they need to fix them(statement)!
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Tatertot New Member

Still no answers here i see
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

What server are u on? I had no trouble with Fippy darkpaw, Daharth, Zel'kriaz or whatever that fury bee name is starts with a Z from CD. I just went through and replaced them all to the SK Daharth or Zel'kriaz the inquisitor. I did notice with some of the other mercenaries (like Oor, and a few) I had to train them to at least lvl 10 before they would heal or fight. Also they were going on strike if I didn't dress them as soon as they leveled that one piece. Like they were waiting to get more gear and just got mad they didn't get it fast enough roflmao
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Louly Well-Known Member

So if I understand correctly the person you quoted is talking about low level quests. My question is how do you get the SK or inquisitor at a low level. If you are not 120 how can you get them. I'd sure be happy to know how :)
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

That is why I asked what server he was on. I have 120s on quite a few that could help get the standard SK mercenary from neriak. HoF, Skyfire or Test I have a few. If he can't get in the zones for those listed, there is the SK in neriak, the scourge waste inquisitor. But yeah, the ones listed are in zones that have either access quest requirement or level requirements. I did not say the low level person could get every merc I listed though. I was just explaining my mercenary experiences. The inquisitor merc I listed is not very cheap either. So, no, I wasn't trying to tell him to go out and get it.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

To clarify, all of mine are 120. I also have another way to help but I don't want it nerfed so going to stop advertising it. It has nothing to do with mercenaries and I could also just kill the mess for him depending on what server they are on..
    Breanna likes this.
  8. The-Plethora Active Member

Any plans to get this fixed or at least make them viable?
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Maev New Member

Hey there I've been a player since 2004, of course over 17 years my life has changed. But I was overjoyed when mercs became available as I can only dedicate time here or there due to family, I was able to enjoy most content in eq2 with my merc. But with the merc changes I cannot even do a level 90 heroic mission as a level 94 with a level 20 celestial merc. The merc changes have effectively locked me out of half or more of the content. I feel the merc changes for stats have gone a little too far in one direction and need adjustments.
  10. Escape Goat Member

Was this an intentional change? Mercs were so OP for the longest time and now they're wimps.