What happened to my HAIR??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

I have a half elf which has had a hair colour change. She went from Yellow Gold to pale yellow. I use the alternative appearance for her happened within the last week.
    I heard someone else on my server had encountered the same issue with their Arasai they went from Red to as they described it "puky pink", so it's not my graphic settings.
    Anyone else having issues, is it just limited to alternate appearance?

Sorry no pics, not at the computer with EQ2 on it atm.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Sounds like soga vs normal models.... at sogar some of my chars got color changed and even a total diff look at all.
  3. Deago Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to dye it again?
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I usually check both models of my toons. I prefer normal for female characters, but some people really like the Soga appearances. I just make sure both versions are something I can approve - instead of letting Soga be the default of my Normal toon.
  5. Alarra Well-Known Member

here's a pick of her with the hair change, it used to be gold
    [IMG]
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

oh no I just realized I have clippy hair a material or something is not set properly, see below for the regrowth
    [IMG]
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

fixed it by setting texture resolution to max on and character texture resolution to max. Never encountered it before even on extreme performance.
  8. Gusiel New Member

hi My hair changed fr red to orange and it's been like that for weeks.i;m a half elf too. I tried what the resolution thing but I am already at the max. :(
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

Dunno why imageshack deleted my images. Anyway, the reason seems to be probably that the Soga models hightlight material is misaligned. It is a model issue. The high resolution textures probably do something funny with my Video card that hides it.
    I selected Extreme performance with max texture resolution and particle effects on.
  10. Gusiel New Member

Hi thanks for the reply. I got my hair back to red. My husband just loaded a new profile :)