What happened to melee gear for priests?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Sinaya, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

I've been a bit disappointed with itemization this expansion pack, but I've been particularly disappointed with the complete lack of melee gear for priests.
    In The Shadow Odyssey, t1-t3 armor had a healer set and a dps set, and t4 incorporated stats from both, including dps mod, attack speed, double attack, and so on.
    Sentinel's Fate had much less in the way of melee gear for priests, but we at least had the option of putting on armor from the accompanying armor type (brawlers for druids, scouts for shamans, and plate tank for priests) if we wanted to get some melee stats. This usually meant that we had to sacrifice some wisdom, but at least it was an option.
    With the new patterns for armor, there's currently no way for priests to get in on melee stats with current-tier loot other than by using adornments. This is pretty frustrating since some priests (Wardens, Inquisitors and Mystics) have a lot of AA designated to dealing melee damage.
    Whether those AA were designed for solo, group, or raid play doesn't really matter - the fact is that we have abilities that focus on us doing melee damage, yet don't have gear to supplement a melee playstyle unless we utilize melee adornments. Even then, the huge amounts of multi attack, dps mod, haste etc. that would be available on class or archetype-specific gear isn't something that we have access to. (i.e. scout / fighter jewelry with 20+ MA, DPS Mod per piece, Haste on Gloves, etc)
    With GU60 coming up, the imbalance will only get worse with the new spell double attack that is being added to our Casting Expertise stance. Could we please get a little melee lovin' sent our way? It seems that the intention was originally for some healers to have melee dps be a playstyle option, but that option is being less and less viable as new expansions come out.