What happened to Dark Siphoning? (Warlock)

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Semperfifofum, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Version 9 doesn't heal, it only power feeds.

It's really not an important spell in groups, but in solo the heal is helpful when a merc cringes.

That cringe is happening again. I don't know if it's intended.

But as a Warlock, I try to pull whole rooms because it's faster to AoE them, so the second thing I cast is DS because my merc is cringeing at that time.

Losing the heal is not going to encourage use of it. I didn't switch to it until today, so I didn't notice. Checked BoL expac notes, nothing about it.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Heck, I use Dark Siphoning in raids sometimes to help stay alive when the healers are otherwise occupied!
    Semperfifofum and Breanna like this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah this was tried once before and they backed out the change. I'm kind of surprised to see the skill changed in exactly this way, again. I went back to the old one, again. It only even heals about 1/2 the health of an undergeared (and therefore low HP) person. I can't imagine why they'd think it was OP or something.

Maybe the health heal portion is a different part of the skill and it gets forgotten by accident. Some software glitch. Although last time, they actually said it was changing. I'd have to look back through the AoM or maybe KA dev notes to find out exactly when.

Anyway, if it was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now.

If they want to give us a group power feed only, then we'll need something else to give us a heal that's on a similar length timer. Just pick Absolution and add the heal to that or something. It's got the slowest reuse of the three main green damage spells. Well, with my AA setup it does. Or the Acid Rain pet.

But it seems simpler to leave the heal/feed on the one skill and not get into too much modification or multiple timers.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.