What happened to 48 hour tradeable Heirloom?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Caela, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Caela Well-Known Member

Hubby and I were doing a zone - hitting greed on all the gear neither one of us needed. The gear we actually need (or rather the shinies) is a whole 'nother conversation - I swear, he cheats!

We got to talking about adornments - and I have higher transmuting and an adorner - so it was decided that we would give me all the unneeded loot to squish. We get back to the guild hall and he tried to trade me - umm, nope. I remember when we played a few years ago if you looted something that was heirloom you could trade it with a group member that was there for up to 48 hours. This had only been a few minutes since we did the zone - but they were not tradeable with each other.

Next time we ran a zone I looked at the confirmation box - it still says you can trade with a group member for up to 48 hours - but then it also goes on to say only if you don't zone or log off. So unless you are just hanging in the zone - you don't get 48 hours to give the item to another group member.

Why/when was this changed? I mean, we know now... but just seems weird to change it.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It was changed last expansion
    I am not sure why exactly but it more than likely was due to some exploit.
    You can still trade the items before you leave the zone they were attained in but once you zone out, you cannot.
    Tangris likes this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

If you find this confusing wait till you loot the ones tagged: "Heirloom-No Trade."

Edit: Oh, and the ones it says you can trade for 48 hours but you can't trade even if you don't zone or log. How they expect us to read the stats on an object, to see if we need it, while mobs are pounding on us is beyond my comprehension.