What Dreams May Come - Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by EQ_Jack, Nov 12, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

so I'm looking at
    which requires you to have all 9 crafters at level 90 to complete this quest.

And...pondering what is the best strategy to get this one done? I need 6 more characters to craft from 1 to 90 in order to do this. plus factions etc. its a beast.

So far I have:
    1 - I could buy tradeskill boosts :) but I rather not...haha quite expensive.
    2 - Wait for double XP, drop TS potions, and do writs etc...grind grind grind. Run quests as I can over and over.
    3 - do a combination of 1 and 2 (BOL for example comes with 1 boost)
    4 - don't do it. its not worth it because....???
    5 - other options?
  2. Gerak Well-Known Member

What many people do is ask in crafting channel online for help with quest. just say which profession you need and whether you have the rare or not. Many of us have all nine professions but many also only have 1 and need help.
    The quest was designed to get the community to interact with each other.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, others can/will help. If for any reason you get crickets in response to the request on your crafting channel after a respectable wait, then you might want to also echo in /antonia_bayle.homeshow as well BUT (and this is a big, important "BUT") be sure you have done your prep work first. Have everything you will need help with ready with fuels, ingredients, etc, and be ultra-aware of the sequence in which things need to be crafted. Some crafters may be leery to volunteer their entire alt-army if they feel you're going to make them wait while you run around getting the mats after you have the crafter ready and waiting. If you have it ready, and say you have it ready when you ask for help, you're more likely to find volunteers. :D

I haven't been to that wiki page* in a bit, but know where that information is on my own page: If you scroll down in http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q108&menustr=060040000000 to the section labeled "Back to Those Class-Specific Combines" you can see which what you need for whom in which order pretty easily. Since I can read between the lines and see that you might have 3 alts ready for the shawl, you might want to read the subsection directly above that, "A Word About Alt-Armies"

(*This is NOT me saying not to use the wiki. Only giving an alternate source if the wiki doesn't explain it thoroughly enough for you. Different people present and process information differently. :D)
    Yenk, Rhodris, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ask in the crafting channel (usually channel 3 but if you're unsure you can use /channellist and it will list all the channels you are in) for crafters to complete your shawl.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. EQ_Jack Active Member

I guess what was confusing me is the comments on "heirloom" and the wiki says

"At this point you'll need all nine crafting classes to complete the shawl. Note that the results of these recipes are all Heirloom.

If I'm reading correctly. do the following

1 - Gather all the materials together that are needed to create it
    2 - On channels ask help from someone who has all 9 crafters to make it for me?

other option

3 - Seek crafters who can help on the step needed (or steps) and have them do that step.

forgive me here.. doesn't heirloom prevent these activities?

6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can commission other crafters to craft it for you, so they open a commission window, you put in the materials, fuel, and fee or tip (if any), they craft and it goes into your backpack.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That's why I put a link in to the walkthrough up in my comments - the heirloom thing means you get bits commissioned *and* can work on more than one alt getting updates at once, but it takes extra legwork

All of this can be easily confusing if you aren't used to juggling through multiple classes of updates.

Let's give you an example of what you'd do for a single character through the updates first, to give you a baseline.
    If you're only doing one character through at a time, and let's just say it is your alchemist:

• You'd ask first for a carpenter to commision craft the rune casting mold (be sure you already have the no-trade fresh clay from one of the Tupta dailies!)
    • Once that is done, and you have the update for that, you'd ask for an armorer to commission-craft the blank brellium rune. Then a weaponsmith to do their bit, then a woodworker for their bit. Then you'd craft your alchemist bit, then ask for a provisioner to do their bit ... and so on until you get to the final combine to make the Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl and go bring it back to Tora and proceed with the questing again.

If you find someone with all the crafters to help you out with the commissions, you can sort of production line it in a crafting area of their choice, with them logging in and out all the crafters that you need in the proper sequence, with a pause for you to craft your bit in there as well.

If you are trying to update several alts at once, there are more pauses, as you would have to spend extra time to have them make multiples of their item, then doing the shared bank shuffle to get everyone their updates, then pull those items back out of the shared bank onto one alt to get the next piece done and so on. It can get confusing very quickly, and it is easy to miss an update on an alt, and then need to go through most/all of the process again to get the one who missed an update caught up.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. EQ_Jack Active Member

Everyone. Thanks so much for the thoughtful posts. This really helps.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have never finished this quest at all. I still need to finish it myself.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

It's actually easy IF you have all 9 crafters. You can make the stuff up and put it in the shared bank. Some of the things don't even auto consume I have still left like 5 of each in my shared bank. I would take it out and put it in my bags to update the quest, the quest would update and I'd put it back in the shared bank for my next toon. There were a couple things though I still have to make and I can't remember what they are now.
    WhysperWynde and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I have a full set of nine who can do these updates on Halls of Fate.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I have all 9 on AB, BUT I "live" on Test and Beta these days, so if you get in a pinch on AB, it'd require playing PM-tag or Discord-tag to coordinate a time and place.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. Shazap New Member

Okay, so I botched it. It had been a few years since I last did this, and was running a new alt through it. I have all the crafters, and went through all the right combines in the right order, up to and including the Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl. THEN I noticed the quest journal still was waiting for the carpenter combine. I had forgotten to move it into inventory to get the update first, then continue with the armorer piece, etc.

So, I grumbled a bit, got all the items together again, and did it again, this time making sure I switched back to my alt to get all the updates. So, here I am at the step to add the rune to the shawl, and I HAVE NO SHAWL. Even though I had made the Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl earlier, it has disappeared from inventory. Shady Swashbuckler has neither the Runed nor the Embroidered variety (indeed, none of the varieties). I fear my only recourse is to delete the quest and start all over again, and go through it a third time. I would have thought the Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl should still have been in inventory, and was hoping the inventory move would register it for the quest... but without it being in inventory any more...... *sigh* Any ideas?
  14. Melkior Well-Known Member

I would petition to see if they can help. Another option is to go back to Gohmari village and see if the shawl reappeared in the box there and see if you can make the silk and embroidered versions again. From what I remember the recipes stay in your book, so all you need is the original item as a component.
    Carizia likes this.
  15. Shazap New Member

We're thinking along the same lines. I did open a support ticket. Got an auto-reply about self-service item restore for DBC, but I checked, and that item is not listed. It's still too early to expect a formal reply. I also went back to check the box by Capru last night, and it is not selectable. Hopefully the support team can help!
    Carizia and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Zell Member

you would think as long as the quest has been around they would have resolved this issue in a perma fix ether by making the final combine also return the old shawl plus the new one so if you mess up you can just repeat it a lot of quests do this as its one of there go 2 fixes for this sort of thing. its why the axe and light stone heritage quests leave you with the old one like they do.

also if your doing the earring or the shawl there are a lot of people who have all 9 professions and will gladly help you with a just stand there and ill log on each one and commission you the whole thing in one go sorta deal, mind you im not one of those people though.

i play one character and 5 TS alts to make gear for that one character and that character has both earring and shawl. both are in my opinion only useful to your harvester character except the exception of having the earring before adventure level 80 as its stats are higher then MC 72 earpiece.