what does upgrading Escape do?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-pheonyxe, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

Want to quickly say: I LOVE escape! our 25th song for any dirge not there yet - it evacs us to the zone-in.

5-second cast, half hour recharge.

Anyway. I checked the adept 1 that was being sold for an outlandish 1g on the fence. No stat difference, so i am assuming tis an increased range to grab group members.

Can someone confirm this for me?

Thanks
    Beefstick Malone
    27th Troll Sex-symbol Dirge
    Lucan D'Lere
    "Of course its sad, I'm a DIRGE! what were you expecting?? Jello and ice-cream??"
  2. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

As far as I can tell there is no benefit to upgrading Escape.

At Apprentice 1 you can escape and it takes all group members anywhere in zone with you, so it can't be a range thing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Glemo Guest

Faster casting time or faster reuse time perhaps ?
  4. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

Both of the above remain the same after upgrading. I *wish* reuse time was lessened in the Adept version - thats for sure. Still don't know what the benefit is :smileywink:
  5. ARCHIVED-Glemo Guest

ok good to know, not worth upgrading the skill then if you need to buy it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

You want to know what it really does when you upgrade to Adept I? The recast time and the cast time remain the same, the range remains zonewide, BUT...it *ADDS* 5 to the power cost. Thanks Sony!

Escape casting time used to be 3 seconds and recast time was 15 minutes, but they felt it was necessary to nerf it a couple weeks after the game went live. It was fine the way it was, but if they nerfed it and then let the Adept scrolls bring the cast / recast time back closer to the original, then fine. As it is, "upgrading" Escape is actually harmful with absolutely no benefit whatsoever. If they don't plan on changing it, take it off the drop tables because it's wasting a slot (for things like...Bria's, Garsin's...) =)
  7. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I had the escape adept scroll a few levels before I dinged 25. After I got the ability, I was so excited I just scribed it before I really looked at the difference. I was pretty surprised to see an increase in power cost with no apparent increase in power. Hopefully, they'll do something with this soon.
  8. ARCHIVED-Griz Guest

I'm almost positive this is one of those bugged spells that isn't supposed to be upgradable, like how Pathfinding used to be. There doesn't seem to be any benefit to upgrading since all versions work the same.
  9. ARCHIVED-Truwen Guest

I dont believe there is an upgrade to escape. Escape is not just dirge its an all scout class ability. It is always a 5 second cast time and 30 minute recast time for every scout class.

No benefit to upgrading it ... as far as i have seen there is no upgrade to it. It is like pathfinding, they took the (app 1) thing off the name of pathfinding they should do the same with escape if it is not upgradable.

would be nice to find some upgrades for it to make it less recast and faster cast time.

-Truwen
  10. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

You can purchase Escape App2 at any trainer... =)
  11. ARCHIVED-Negdiil Guest

Post Patch My Escape Adept 1 now has a recast time of 15 minutes and a cast time of 3 seconds... however it is not pulling my group members along like before. Poopy.

Rychus
    Lvl 33 Dirge
    Kithicor
    Message Edited by Negdiil on 01-08-2005 02:57 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

You just need to be in range of your group for them to be pulled along too. Makes sense, but I wish it was that way from the start so I didn't feel the loss of the zonewide evacing ability :smileywink:
  13. ARCHIVED-Danser Guest

Post patch App3 version of Escape also have 15 min timer. Very nice! Thats just optimum for me. I would say, if you get into troubles more often then once per 15 min, you are doing something wrong :)
  14. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

Apprentice I is a 3.0s casting time, 15m recast. I don't believe any versions are different. This is as of Sunday night.
  15. ARCHIVED-Glemo Guest

Correct and i find the changes more like a nerf then upgrade.

I prefer the zone wide evac every 30 mins better then short range every 15 mins.

ok a reduction in casting time is always good.

If you get in trouble more then once in 30 mins there might be issues with the group.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

The stats shown are the same, but now since they have reduced it from zonewide range, is there a difference between app1 and adept 1 in the range?
  17. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

We really need a couple scouts.... one with app1 Escape and one with a like adept 1 escape to test this to see if after the nerf the range increses with upgrade to Escape.
    Message Edited by Tekkor on 01-12-2005 04:54 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

done some testing with my app1 escape and noticed that the range is near the same as our nuke... had my group in a line every 5 steps or so and i was able to drag the 3 nearer to me, when the 4th and 4th were left behind... 3x5steps is about that range i think, same as our piercing shriek range.

when the team members where on autofollow one another (2nd was afing me, 3rd was afing 2nd etc) and we were running, escape pulled them all but the last or the line, but he said he laged a bit and when we retried after 15 mins he was draged along us as well...

prolly upgrading the spell wont change it either, but cant be sure w/o testing with an adept+ version... not willing to upgrade tho just for the test :)
  19. ARCHIVED-hawek Guest

I have adept 1 escape and notice no difference in the range of the ability.

It was nice being zone wide but i can understand, the ability needs it's range increased just a little bit more

Hawek
    Unrest
    34 wood elf dirge