What does this BUG message mean?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Majestic, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Majestic Member

What does this BUG message mean?

I was doing P o Disease PQ and got the following message:

[BUG:AdHocZoneValue]requires a custom failure string
    what does it mean? anyone?

on Skyfire - I was not grouped and when I pulled this one trash - the bloody thing dropped my health below 30% immediately soon as I hit it with arrows - and by the time I got the trash to under the nearest orange bubbles it killed me though I used my heals and LOH and even Divine Favor went off but still died LOOOOL

ty for making Pallies so much better now.. Before i could pull two of these trashies without a scratch :) - (and yes then not grouped either) but now is more fun :) I like the challenge of death before even getting to destination :) makes it more fun and yep so keep up the good work :) hahaha

ty for your response in advance

P.S. I know what the "usual defenders always pretending everything is fine" are going to say.. "it is meant for grouping and don't forget your potions" lol kk thanks for your great input on that matter in advance.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In general, when you get an odd error message once, best bet is to shut the game down, maybe reboot your computer,then restart the game.

If it reoccurs, then exit the game, start the Launchpad,then click the Advanced Tools button (has a little crossed wrench and hammer) and ask it to validate your files. Because sometimes a file gets borked, especially if you had a crash at some point.

If validating doesn't fix it, that would be something for which you'd need to put in a support ticket.
  3. Majestic Member

Ty Sigrdrifa, will do as you said. By the way that's a repeating BUG that I get in PoD and in POI since about two weeks ago or so... so I decided to ask what that was all about. In any case, ty for response.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

actually this bug is rather common and has typically nothing to do with what the player is doing, it's yet another bug on DGB's end. it is a script/itemization failure with a rote response. the best thing to do with this one is to report it with /bug, so it can be tracked down and fixed.