What does the 'Tunare's Chosen' warden pet do?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Duffy, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Duffy Active Member

As in, is it helping preventing one shots? Does it ward? Does it buff? Or will it rez the one shotted group mates? Or is it merely a combat pet? I still have a tiny flicker of hope it was created to address the things we (non shaman) are lacking. If it won't and is more like a cute fluff, then I seriously ask myself how the Devs were able to overlook the provided feedback regarding non shaman classes.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's a combat pet.
    It does provide some healing, but since it's direct healing, it does nothing, at all, to help a warden keep a group alive they couldn't keep alive before they got the pet.

Note: A completely incidental bonus.. by checking the pet stats you can see exactly what your crit bonus is (rather then having a blue number just listing the cap) so you know how much extra you have. This allows us to respec and reforge more effectively. But that's only a way to get around something that is, effectively, broken with the standard display of crit bonus.
  3. Duffy Active Member

I am a bit underwhelmed, to say the least. As if we needed more direct healing? And then not even something like buffing fervor to the group. Well, meh then. Thanks for clarification. though!
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I really do wish the news was better. I was hoping for SOMETHING that made wardens more useful as healers.. either with ways to allow groups to survive massive hits or at the very least group buffage.
    It's not that I object to doing dps, it's just that I wouldn't have expected any healer epic 2.0 to be ALL about personal dps.. though I guess defilers are on the same boat there. The decision/choice is baffling to me.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

What is it that Non-Shaman are lacking? the only case who can make any bit of a reasonable argument would be an inquisitor. While i agree its a pretty lousy ability for you, druids in general are insanely strong and powerful. Just because you cant prevent damage to the extent of a shaman(no one can besides templar) doesn't negate your massive benefits to health replenishment, grp buffs, hp, dmg procs/buffs. etc. It is unfair to yourself and your archtype to expect to be given the same benefits that a shaman has for healing purposes. Defilers are in a league of their own with maelstrom/nightmares. Mystics are monsters are damage prevention but not so much instant health replenishment outside of ancestral channeling/spirit tap and if umbral barrier is punctured enough to proc the reactive heal. Druids are incredible and will continue to be. Just look for the silver lining :)
  6. Duffy Active Member

Well, in my first post I said what druids are lacking 'healing' wise. Of course they are amazing healer. They just need to actually have the CHANCE to heal and that is what I am complaining about. To have the chance to get healed back up people shouldn't be dead. When people taking hits higher than their healthpool, they have a chance to survive with a shaman. They won't with a druid and that is what I am talking about.
    Around TOS/SF the healer archetypes were quite well balanced, but the current state of the healers is a mess and a dead end. The state we are in now is not because we have so incredible buffs. It's an itemization mess.
  7. Duffy Active Member

But to be honest, defilers are in quite a good place right now, King of the Currywurst as we say, so in their regard I understand the dps decision ;)
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

While i completely agree, possibly look at it another way. While healers aren't necessarily DPS classes. druids can do some solid dps. Maybe just approach it from a position of well since my naturally healing applications are a bit null & void now, maybe ill go about pewpewpew and if deemed necessary can provide major boost heals. I know the wardens deathsaves are quite handy.

I wholeheartedly understand your plight, I started my healing era as an inquisitor back in TSO days on the LDL server in strike and solely because of the insta-group cures and how easy they were to play. Now inquisitors seem to have been tagged obsolete. They have great qualities and temporary perks but the totality of them has been rendered moot. Templars have made a ridiculous comeback in terms of strength and prevention. Defilers, well we all know how much every healer that isn't a shaman loves defilers. I dont want to limit druids to what i believe they truly have become, being offensive buff bots for mages/scout, but that may very well be the fact of the matter.

Hell id love to see mystics get put back into a position where melee dps was at its forefront, Considering one of our myth abiltities is a huge auto dmg multiplier resulting in a proc'd group heal. Seeing as stampede really is quite amazing, and melee dps well isnt. its just a bit sad. All this doublecast has eliminated stampede being a huge contributor to otherwise melee based priests. Granted we still get in there and auto the mob, but back in the days of ungodly 2handers and continuous CA dmg, its kind of depressing. Its just how far this game has progressed from the influx of stats and how potency rules the world.
  9. Duffy Active Member

But you know, I want to be a healer. If I would have wanted to play a pewpewpew class I would have chosen a real dps class to do that. I don't mind doing dps as a healer, every healer should contribute dps, but saying that we should just comply and be comfy with taking the back seat and just be a backup emergency healer kind of thing is a bit sad tbh.
  10. Revanu Well-Known Member

Its a matter of perspective, I agree tenfold with you. If you want to dps then you are right, make a dps. The encounter mechanics in a lot of raids are *** backwards and either are reliant on burst dps in waves to account for scripted curse cures, or two, just run 5 healers and obliterate the content. Funny enough besides the Shade,Xalgoz, and that useless fight in spire, you really don't need but 6 healers in a raid anymore. Well at least with current progression from t1-t3. I know alot of content is an actual reverse DPS check, They have done an interesting job creating boredom out of removing explosive DPS in scripted encounters all while making DPS explosion almost instant regardless of the fight. I'm hopeful that come the release of all epic weapons and once the majority of people are ascension 10 and epic equipped, we may see a change in how raids/groups are setup. But just given the current position on things, it might be a little while. :(
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I have no issues, whatsoever, with doing dps on my healers. I enjoy pushing out as much dps as I can while keeping my group alive. Wardens are still (allegedly) healers first and foremost. Epic abilities are supposed to be class defining abilities. Giving (at least 2) healers abilities are soley about personal dps (not even group buffs) is like having the 2 aassasin abiliies be a) a 10 sec duration death save that only works on other people and b) allows their power regenining poisons to feed power to the entire group

Not useless abilities (though not hugely useFUL either) but certainly totally out of character with the class.
    quisling likes this.
  12. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I find it funny that wardens claim they were balanced around TSO days which is complete BS. They could regen power without an enchanter and at that time, it was extremely OP. I agree however that solo healing should be possible by all the healers. A useless pet/+autoatk for warden and raw pot/ferv for fury's group. I struggle to see why healers who were already really well off in the heal department got a ward that druids desperately needed to stay solo relevant. Why not boost protective instinct and cover both druids? Why not allow the elemental ward that wardens have cover all damage types? Why not boost damage reduction in the druid tree? I can keep going and going. There were endless possibilities to give a boost without making it OP. This feels so careless with regards to how the content damage mechanics are being created.
    Lordebon and Mermut like this.