What does a fresh TLE server look like?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by KezJona, Feb 11, 2019.

1. KezJona New Member

Hi all,
    I have recently signed back up to play on the TLE, Fallen Gate, when I noticed a news announcement about a new progression server. I have never had the luxury of being able to start out, fresh level 1, with every other person on the server.

So my question is, what does a fresh TLE server look like?
    • Are the Freeport & Qeynos suburbs open like they used to be?
    • Are AAs available right away?
    • When does Neriak come into the picture?
    These are just some lingering thoughts, but if someone could give me a detailed description of what to expect I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping I'll get a fresh perspective on the game as at the moment the number of expansions available off the bat is too daunting for me.
    TIA.
  2. Sovereign New Member

Hiya,

The original suburbs are gone forever they will never return, although you can get into one or two special instance versions during some city questing.

AAs are not available on original vanilla launch.

Neriak, darklight woods, Frostfang sea and Halas are usually available on launch.

On day 1 of launch, Each initial zone will have multiple copies available due to the amount of people in each instance of the zone and most quest update mobs will be constantly dead. (I usually make my chars on day 1 and then start playing day 2 unless you have a grind group that can make a start outside the starting areas to stay ahead of the 'exp population wave'.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Ratface Member

It can be very busy right at the start. Being EU tend to miss most of the population during my prime time, but it can be hectic. Halas and Neriak both have good quest lines that reward pretty decent low level armour, so both can get overcrowded.

If your willing to go off the beaten track a bit there are plenty of under-utilized areas, but gear/quest rewards maybe a bit poorer.

It's good fun, plenty of groups and lots of people about.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. tbroark New Member

I miss those suburbs. Yet I also thought the Isles of Refuge were great, but I know a lot of people didn't like them that much, either.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Sovereign New Member

Starcrest commune was my home area back in the day... the guy by the banker always telling me about his wife's crunchies, the little girl chasing her black cat , and some cheeky kid asking if i've ever seen a gnoll before! :)
    Molly and Breanna like this.
  6. Aluv New Member

Aww, that's too bad. The original product manager was a GM/player from an early text mud called Gemstone and also played EQ1. She put in NPC's that were all based off our regular EQ1 gaming group (many of us had come over from Gemstone) in one of the Qeynos suburbs. I was hoping to go check'em out again. Sadly she passed away some years ago. :(

House Arcane/Arcane Masters/Team Heathen
  7. Namian New Member

Yeah, that kinda sucks - I loved the suburbs - really felt like coming home, when I zoned into Castleview Hamlet.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

IMO a brand new tle is not fun at all. Vanilla do not offer much content wich id consider fun, there is no AA wich makes a lot of classes very stale, experience tend to be extremely slow to make people wanna buy experience potions. Also with p2w having made its presence on the TLE (except on pvp) it feels even less tempting.
  9. Fistpower Well-Known Member

What it does offer though is groups across all levels, something FG has been missing for a while.

FG is essentially dead after they announced the event and new progression server in March. There is like 1 leveling group a week (not even that now that XP is fubar again) and maybe 2 or 3 PUGs a day at 90.
  10. Ghorast Active Member

starting at SL is important for farming those 1 plat kronos
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

/agree still have around 75 of those...