What do you to have a happy game time ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

No, I don't means beer, etc. I mean, what do you do ?

I went out a bought myself a small desktop disco ball. Maybe it will help me as they say back then 'staying alllliiiive ! hahahah !'.

So how do you have a happy game time ?

( Clean answers please. )
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Music for me. I turn off the game music and put iTunes on while playing. Selection depends entirely on what mood I'm in, but I like harvesting to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

wow that's some dramatic harvesting, rhodris.
    kingmob23, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Same as Rhodris, but I listen to different music
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

music....but Pantera instead of Wagner lol
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  6. Ceese New Member

Nothing better than having the wife and kiddos there to game with for me.

But... If doing some solo crafting or gathering I'm going to have to throw my hat in for some metal also. Some sludge preferably. Acid Bath or Crowbar lately. An adult beverage or three is nice as well :)
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  7. Unayan Active Member

It doesn't matter what I do in game to be happy. When I'm playing I've escaped the real world for a short period of time.
    Rhodris, Breanna, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

For music, Janis Joplin or Jimi Hendrix would be my want.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Interstella Member

Make a short list of items or achievements you want in the game, and go after them one by one. Checking something off of a list is a great source of happiness.
    ConcealFate, Soara2, Saw-Lau and 4 others like this.
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

i use movie theme music when I harvest... I try to match the zone with the song, ya know.. For zones with heavy foliage / trees and whatnot - stuff like the theme from Jurassic Park.. Doomfire, I like using Empires March.. Indiana Jones for Vegarlson.. etc. Mostly the orchestral stuff from John Williams.

Back when I had an inappropriately decorated guild hall - I replaced the in-game music with Jennifer Lopez's song Booty. House actors with the /flirt, /shimmy etc... replete with caged stages and those tinkered lights that look like whirling spotlights... good times.
    Soara2, Rhodris, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I like Wagner as well Rhodris.

If I am crafting in my hall to fill my broker or for a deco project, I have Under Pressure by Queen/David Bowie in there.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

I just ticked "liking a post by Interstella" off my list!
  13. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

I play the eq1 soundtrack.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I also watch NASA tv, when they are showing the Earth floating by, below the international space station.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Actually, when I'm just looking down time in the game? I like to harvest. Its kind of a catharsis in the evenings before dinner, after a long commute & busy day. Plus I make no small amount of plat selling rares.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.