What do you think is the best solo class?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Supermarshmellow, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Moldylocks Member

A Necro doesn't play like a Warlock at all. They share the same base of poison and disease, but a Necro has a truckload of utility that a Warlock can't even compare to.

Anyway, I hope the Conj works out for you.
  2. Supermarshmellow Member

Ah i dont know i played both i just generally liked conj better i also think conj pet is better because thsts wat they partislly focus on when necro is versataltily instead of a better pet so i just didnt really enjoy playing necro my secobd favorite would prob have to be paly cus i was amazed on how good the class was
  3. Moldylocks Member

Well, the last piece of advice I'd like to nudge your way is that every class develops over time. The 1-10 experience will not give you a fair idea on any scale or test on how the class really performs.

As someone mentioned above, find a class that you like or want to play and give it a solid shot rather than 20 minutes of your time. Every single one of the classes changes and improves dramatically once you get more skills as you level, and gain AA abilities. Going through a list and immediately discarding a class as soon as you die is not a good measure of how they perform.

You need to accept that in your assessments you forgot to take into account operator error: the YOU factor. When you are new to a game it takes time to learn how to play it, and, honestly, you aren't taking that time right now. So, you are dying, and you aren't allowing time to build the classes to give them a fair chance.

Its up to you how you want to play. A lot of people here have given some useful input to help you. Good luck.
  4. Supermarshmellow Member

Well im not new...it will be a year in may and my main a human conj is level 75
  5. Supermarshmellow Member

Im also not saying that my experiment was perfect
  6. Moldylocks Member

Ok, well I find the way you've approached this to be a bit odd. The community here is, generally, quite mature and helpful. Many of us have been here for years and know the game fairly well. If someone comes to this forum and is seeking advice, chances are (as you've seen) people will respond to help you out. You don't seem to be here for advice, though, as you are going about this in your own way and dismissing what the people here have said to you.

Now, the general way you are responding to the people here is a bit off-putting. As such, I am done here and I wish you well.
  7. Supermarshmellow Member

No i just simply asked the question "Wat class do u think is best"
  8. Chocmerc Member

well the necro has alot of lifetaps, so you would be dealing damage to the enemy while also healing yourself and your pet, whereas the conjuror has no self heal and has to manually heal their pets. conjuror would still be a decent choice, just know that the conjurors pet deals equal to greater damage than the actual conjuror.
  9. Moneo Member

how does this person NOT work for soe
    Fractals and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  10. mouser Well-Known Member

I solo'd my Guardian to 85. I've started duo'ing a bit just so I can hit 90, grab my AA's and get to CoE faster.

If I can do that - with mostly mastercrafted gear along the way, though I did buy a set of fabled at 70 that I'm still wearing - anyone can solo. I don't know about the bards, I haven't played them at all, but I'm sure there's stuff they can handle.

As has been said, it's all about what you want to do: explore? Feign death flop will take you places other classes can only dream of going. AoE whirling fists of death? Bruiser. You can't kill me? Guardian. I wanna do it all? Beastlord. You can craft to level 85 and wear wings from level 1 - very convenient for those fetch and deliver quests, and lets you avoid any nasty overland fights you don't want to deal with.

All this is of course without mercs. With a mercenary (at least with Krivix), the lower levels consist of you following him around watching him blowing the living 'ell out of anything that crosses your path, or you could with Vittia and watch everything around you drop like flies... They are so Stoopidly OP'ed at lower levels - it's like SOE gave up and said "Fine, we'll give you all a PL'er for a couple silver an hour."
  11. Othaodin Member

are we talking about "the easiest" or "Takes the most skill" to solo with. im just wondering
  12. Othaodin Member

can you use mercs as a f2p user?
  13. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Yes, as long as you purchase the AoD (Age of Discovery) features expansions. It's this pack that enables use of mercs on all account types.
  14. Othaodin Member

i thought you got all the expansions except a couple as a f2p guess i misread xD
  15. Othaodin Member

your joking right? how do you die at level 10??? how, do you have alot of lag? are you slow? im not trying to be a jerk or anything but really. there muyst be something wrong with the way you play bro. its nearly impossible to die in this game, unless you are aggroing an entire map at the same time....please tell me what happened with your guardian and how he died. Im soloing right now with no armor on, only pants and feet right now. bare chest like a BOSS, owning everything..
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Guardian aside... how did he die on an Inquisitor/Templar? Did he try to pull Landon or something at level 9? Again not trying to be rude, but I have a very, very hard time trying to see how you died just leveling to 10. Maybe at launch but not now, Treasured Gear down there is so brokenly powerful compared to the super rare lvl 1-9 Fabled which as like 4 STR on it o_O
  17. Soulburn New Member

You also have to understand early on it the games release you didn't choose your specific class till level 20. For example... you were fighter at creation, then a crusader at level 10, and a shadowknight at level 20. So you really dont begin to see defining abilities untill you get in your early 20's.
  18. Laiina Well-Known Member

"Simple answers" are usually wrong or incomplete for such a question. You seem to want a black or white answer to a gray question, and fail to realize even now that such a thing does not exist. Your question is like "which is better - yellow or blue". You are obviously not listening to any of the answers, so my conclusion is that you are trolling.
  19. flameweaver Well-Known Member

You get - as does everyone else regardless of account type - everything up to and including Sentinel's Fate , the two additional expansions/feature packs that are not currently included are AoD and Chains of Eternity - which includes the Destiny of Velious expansion - in effect 3 expansions for the price of 2. :rolleyes:
  20. Seffrid Active Member

Comes across to me more like a ProSieben volunteer GM.

As to the original question, I'd stick with conjuror as that's your main already. No need to worry about the others although if the OP is simply looking for other people's views then those have been expressed pretty well here and in other similar threads.
    Ragna likes this.