What do you think is the best solo class?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Supermarshmellow, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Supermarshmellow Member

2. Supermarshmellow Member

Iv been doing tests i havent finished but heres wat i have so far

Brusier-failed
    Fury- failed
    Mystic- level 1 test complete
    Defiler- failed
    Coecerer-failed
    Dirge-failed
    Assassin-failed
    Guardian-failed
    Berserker-failed
    Monk-failed
    Templar-failed
    Inquisitor-failed
    Warden-level 1 test complete
    Wizard- failed
    Warlock-
    Illy-
    Conj-
    Necro-
    Swash-
    Brigand-
    Troub-
    Ranger-
    Paladin-
    Sk-
    The test was who can survive to level 10 without dieing thats the level 1 test them the level 2 test is pretty much who survives the longest out of the classes who succeded the first test
    This is also accurate all were human and started in gorowyn if the class was good they statred in kelethin
  3. Morfydd Active Member

Ummm????

I'm not an expert at EQ2 by any means... been playing for a couple of months. I've played 8 different classes through level 10 and only had a single death before level 10 (and that was due to a stupid mistake with my first character...). You've seriously had 11 out of 13 characters die before level 10????

It may not be the character class that is failing...
    Kuulei and flameweaver like this.
  4. Togusah New Member

Almost every class can solo well(some better than others like SK, Berserkers, Beastlords..etc) and with the help of a merc, most stuff is trivial if you pick the appropriate one that syncs well with your class.

Judging a class overall in 10 levels is flawed.

Plus, how are you dieing to starter content? Didn't know that possible
  5. kyuven New Member

by your test, every class i've played has passed...it's very easy to go a very long time without dying, and it's based more on the zone you pick than the class you pick (you're more likely to die in, say, halas than neriak if only because you can conceivably drown while questing...though now that FP and Q aren't starting cities the point is a little moot)
  6. Laiina Well-Known Member

Your tests all failed but one - Templar pretty much sucks at solo til around 85, but that is because of low DPS not from dying easy. Just for the record, my Fury that you say failed did not have her first death until around level 23. But if dying is your only test critieria, it is a failed test anyway.
  7. Supermarshmellow Member

Well what other test would be accurate?
  8. Supermarshmellow Member

Also solo class without merc
  9. kyuven New Member

I only use a merc for my highest level characters or when i need some extra oomph for a solo instance.
    The best test is to level to the first level cap (50) and see how EFFICIENTLY they kill. Some classes can kill fast but need to stop for power/health more often, while others can go longer but are slower at killing. Also, many classes' dynamics change at around level 80, so even that isn't a good marker.
    Generally the pet classes (BL, summoners) are efficient soloers from the very beginning, and most of the priest classes can at least meet the "able to go for a long period of time" test.
    The best solution though, is to find something that fits YOUR playstyle. ANY class can solo effectively, as evidenced by the fact that I routinely solo as a Dirge :p
  10. Supermarshmellow Member

Maybe that would be more accurate but 24 classss ti level 50 would take forever
  11. kyuven New Member

Yep, which is why it's best to just pick what you LIKE. Every class is capable of soloing, as I said. But if you don't have fun doing it, there's no point
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

#1 Do you like to play that class or style?
    #2 Can you kill stuff reasonably well and mostly survive?

Pretty much all else does not matter much.
    Ragna and Togusah like this.
  13. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

That test you did was fail in and of itself. NO level 1-10 is going to show ANY of its strengths that early. Inquisitor? Fail, seriously? I don't think so. Your toons die more due to your inexperience than anything "wrong" with them. You're stepping over great classes in search of that "perfect" class which doesn't exist. And what are you going to do if you pick one of the "test" classes and it later turns out to be no fun, or weaker at higher level than you thought, or you can't stand its playstyle?
    Kuulei likes this.
  14. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Put simply, you can't assess any class until it has developed it's characteristicabilities. Up to lvl 10 that just doesn't happen. Some start showing their character early on, say by level 20, but not all. Characters under lvl 10 have no aa points, a major defining part of any character development. eg A healer cannot spec decently for melee without aa points, and quite a few of them really.
    Your question is so broad there is no answer - soloing to me might be trying to never die, to someone else it might be the ability to get to nameds in a dungeon bypassing the trash, to another it might just be to be able to kill the fastest, and who cares if they die 10 times a session doing just that.
    The fact that you managed to die with so many classes before level 10 (I have had characters reach level 50 or so without death, not really trying that hard) suggests a certain kamikaze spirit ie pulling a bit too much, so a heavy defense and good area attack class might be an idea - look to crusaders (SK, pallie) or a berserker perhaps. Melee specced healers are also a reasonable choice (eh Leeroy?) such as an inquisitor.
    Leeroy likes this.
  15. Chocmerc Member

Agree with tetrol here, your not going to be able to pull alot of mobs early on until you get many more abilities, and some classes you never really want to pull a bunch of mobs at all. generally you want to avoid pulling multiple mobs until you get an aoe attack CA/spell, as doing it before that is just taking more damage while killing them at the same speed as pulling them singly...

Generally classes that have self healing and damage will be your best bet for easy soloing, such classes as paladins and shadowknights, and to a lesser extent the non-warrior fighters. Melee healers, such as wardens or Inquisitors, and to a lesser extent mystics and the ranged fury will be decent choices as well, but stay away from defiler/templar if you want to solo efficiently ;) Necromancers and conjurors make decent soloers, with necromancers soloing a bit better than conjurors. Ive also heard that beastlords solo incredibly well.

In essence, if your looking to blitz through your first 10-20 levels, your gonna die alot. early on nearly all your damage is coming from abilities, and since early on your going to have less than 15 damage skills your gonna have to take a break every now and again, either for power or health. The best way to get to level 20 will be just through doing quests. if done right, you can complete several at a time, and have a good balance between killing/completing quests, and then regenerating life/power while moving on to the next quest update or turn in. When you hit 20, depending on the class, you will generally have more of a handle on what your class can take on, and may have a decent capacity to multi-pull mobs.

All I can say is, if your goal is soloing efficiently, All I can do is give you a list of classes that solo poorly. Those would generally be Templars, Guardians, Defilers, any non summoner mages, and any scout except a beastlord. Ive heard berserkers can be a pain in the rear early on, especially without their signature AA self heals at 90, but I digress.

Hopefully this will help ya out in finding the class for you, and remember that as others have said, its all about what you enjoy playing.

Regards,
    Chocmerc
  16. Supermarshmellow Member

Man i just wanted a simple answer but watever that isnt the final test thats exactly why there is a test for whoever gets the farthest
  17. Togusah New Member

I cant tell if we are being trolled or this is genuine.

It's simple. Play each of the classes. Decide what you like and stick with it.
  18. Moldylocks Member

You see, my Marshmallowy friend, the issue here really isn't a class issue. You are dismissing classes, great classes, simply because you died before level 10. What you are experiencing is a bit of a learning curve on how to play this game.

All of the classes can solo. The game has evolved over these last couple of years to really make the leveling process very easy. In particular, the starter areas pre-10 have become very new user friendly to help build confidence and enjoyment so you will keep playing the game.

Now, some classes are built to solo much easier than other classes. So, to directly answer your question here are my top 3:
    Necro
    Shadowknight
    Conjurer

Note: I picked these because, as a new player who has yet to experience how AA's and deeper skills can really change how a class plays from the beginning, they are really very easy right from the beginning.

Let us know how you do and if you have any more questions or concerns.
    Ragna likes this.
  19. Supermarshmellow Member

My answer for my question is peob conj because well first off thats my main then u have a pet so that acts like a merc and conj not necro conj only has wizard powers so yeah 3/4 power of a wizard+ pet=conj
  20. Supermarshmellow Member

For necro its warlock with pet.