What do you suppose the next Expansion will be about?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by GabenBison, Apr 21, 2014.

1. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Sry for saying it yet again but, devs enough alternate reality/time travel/go back in time already!! Not that I loathe the ideas, just..let's not do them again

;)
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

you say back in time.
    how do we know that dinos came before fellow norrath?
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

I predict many Newman/Jurassic Park memes.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Not related to lore, I was just referring to 'time-travel concept' as a whole.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There already is a Raptor mount in present day EQ2.
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Faydedar*?

[IMG]

Or were you referring to a different dragon?

* Honestly, the only reason I remember Faydedar was that it was a required kill for my Druid's Epic 1.0. :oops:
  7. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

I dug this out of my files and dusted it off. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the nest expansion since it is old content from EQ Live, but it's just one of those things that makes you go, hmmmmm

[IMG]
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Pretty sure The Void in EQ1 was supposed to be a representation of what would happen to Norrath if we allowed Discord to tamper with the timeline. Not really anything to do with Kerafyrm.
  9. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Exactly =) the key players in that story arc were like Brekt, Mata Muram, Xeb, and of course Norrathians...maybe riftseekers related from what I know..
  10. Meirril Well-Known Member

Yes, that dragon. The non-druid epic version was a long respawn and by the time I started playing EQ1 usually farmed by a small group.

As an aside, raptors exist all over the Desert of Flames. They also existed in the Ocean of Tears (and were decent leveling once upon a time). So did a named T-rex. Considering the number of reptile humanoid races and that Kunark is covered in a wide variety of reptilian monsters there is no reason to think this needs to be in Norrath's past.
  11. Icaen_01 New Member

That SOE Live Video with the models reminded me of Wurmbone Crag, but I can't expand on that thought. The way I understand it, dinosaurs aren't simply involved, but they are the theme of the expansion..so I'm completely lost. If it has to do with Kerafyrm again, I'm going to scream. I felt we were making progress in ROK, TSO, even SF I accepted.. but DoV to ToV is just one way too long final act.
    cellinaire likes this.
  12. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Agreed. Hopefully not the same mistake in the future... =)
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

this is what I am thinking.
    we at the end of this expac are gonna fight Kefryem (with help from others of course since there is no way we could take him on alone). upon almost defeat Kefyrem uses his ultimate power to send us all back in time. thats why the next expac is about dinosaurs. Also getting send back in time opens up many options. like the moon could not be blown up anymore
  14. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

If...IF.. This is true, then by hour four of next expansions release we will have threads complaining about why some elk hide loincloth (aka our new tailor made leather armor) or stone tipped spear should be nerfed and/or not heirloom.
    Feara and Rotherian like this.
  15. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm sure there would be a lot more screaming about not being able to visit your player housing that all happens to not exist in the current time line.

Or would we all be Time Lords that can pop back and forth at will like we do from the Ethernere?
  16. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Not only is that kind of idea not original anymore, but what ye just described there reminds me a lot of WoW's latest expansion and it's story... :)

I'll be a /sadpanda if that really happens...........
  17. Kaitheel Developer

You have nothing to worry about.

~ Kaitheel
    cellinaire, Malleria, Feara and 2 others like this.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Unexpected ending: Kerafyrm wins, game over bro. EQ2 revamped into Jurassic Park simulator.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You don't win the game until you find the secret door that locks behind you and your character sits down at one of our desks and starts working on the next expansion.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Do you have a volunteer program? ;)
    Rotherian and Feara like this.