What did you name your monk and why?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Jay42, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-superdave Guest

Teidden- Random generated name from eq1 that was my druid. I kinda liked it so it stuck with me for too long i guess lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

Aeon Flux cause I like the Comics from the 80s (I created this character way before the movie came out)
    Beautiful Black haired Half elf Monk :)
  3. ARCHIVED-FatedByChance Guest

Monk's name is Slamma Jamma. Made it after getting back from the Slammin' and Jammin car show in Tennessee :p

Wasn't expecting to keep him lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-BK613 Guest

Akbar -- Old Testament Hebrew for 'mouse'
    Akbar -- Arabic for 'great'
  5. ARCHIVED-mace of night Guest

Mata Leao : It's the name of a brazilian jiu jitsu combat art, what is an uncontested efficient martial art, in brazilian that means "Kill the lion" as a ratongan bruiser i found this name funny :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-FinalOrder Guest

I had one named Sleepingdragon Risingphoenix.
    Sleepingdragon is from the epic saga, Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Book about a war between 3 kingdoms in china between 160 - 250 AD. A man named Zhuge Liang was referred to as Sleeping Dragon for his great intellect and strategies. Risingpheonix is also from the same saga. Man named Pang Tong, who was a fellow scholar of Zhuge Liang, was also a brilliant man and was labeled as Rising Pheonix. Although, I think different translations of the actual history may give them different names, I used Moss Roberts translation.
    Actually, think im going to log on to the Nagafen Server and make him up again. I always have a sweet looking monk in the back of my mind, and I was just wondering around The Village of Shin today and made me want to log on eqiiforums and look what monks are like at this current stage of the game.
    Rottk Srtfour
    Nagafen
  7. ARCHIVED-legendboy Guest

Because I am a Monk and I like Macroni = Monkaroni
  8. ARCHIVED-glass2break Guest

I named my monk Explosive Pantaloones. Explosive because of my explosive dps.. fwah!!!!! and pantaloones because i like pants but i couldnt make it pantalones since it was filtered.. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]?? but seriously i was drunk when myself and a friend came up with it and we thought it was funny as hell..o kitty island adventures!
  9. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I thought you were eating to much chili...
  10. ARCHIVED-Rahzillious Guest

I named my Monk "Joada Master-Jedii" to remind me that Master Yoda is always king in melee combat...and always will be.Oh...and since im a short froggie,it fits me :)
  11. ARCHIVED-royalhardness Guest

Rhodesian Ridgeback, love those dogs (have 2) and I'm a Kerra so the irony is a nice touch. Ridgebacks are called LION KILLERS in africa so there is the irony. And the name just sounds cool.
  12. ARCHIVED-Roux11 Guest

I named my monk Winkerbean! He's a fae and well... that sounded fae-ish. Any ideas for a last name from you guys? I'm having a hard time thinking of one myself.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mono Guest

I named my monk Humming Bird cos is sounded monkish i guess....
  14. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

Ronja Rovardotter

I had a beastlord named Ronrona in EQ1. Since there are no bst in EQ2 I choose a monk instead and wanted her name to start with Ron...
    I very quickly choose Ronja. And since I have the utmost respect for Astrid Lindgren and her stories I decided to honor her with a live and kicking Ronja Rovardotter.
    Too bad I could not get the dots on the o. It should have been Rövardotter.
  15. ARCHIVED-MageChild Guest

Look below and you will see the wisdom of my humble name, grasshoppa. *hummmmms a little buggy music and flies off into the night.....*
  16. ARCHIVED-Snapdragyn Guest

Behnt Foresworne
    Filter wouldn't accept Bent (I forget if it was 'naughty' or already taken), so changed the spelling. Picked the name because, well, I am (Brit slang). ;)
    For some reason, Foresworn was considered 'naughty' (stupid filter, ugh), so I had to add an 'e' on the end. He betrayed from FP (in the old days; got to see Luc'y), so it fit.
    Dark-skinned half-elf with black mohawk -- very hawt (I've had compliments ingame).

Oh, & not a monk, but still a brawler at least -- recently made a lowbie bruiser named Shirtless in honor of the new starting gear. May be tough keeping him in gis all the way up, hehe (the Caves gi is sweet, though; was glad to see that bruisers can do that quest line).
    I'm tempted to try slipping through /surname Nworkinondapants for him. ;)
    Message Edited by Snapdragyn on 12-13-2006 01:33 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Dragonhelm Guest

Raeluna Solaran

It sort of sounded like a good high elf name, linking to the moon and sun.
  18. ARCHIVED-harleypilot Guest

I named my latest monk alt "Kathoppa". He is Kerra (Kat) and the nickname of the monk student in the show "Kung Fu" was "Grasshoppa". I thought it was appropriate at the time.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sharp1 Guest

I've rolled 3 monks in the 2 years of playing:

Lava Rockfist: Dwarven Monk, sounded like a good name for a Dwarf
    Geisha Vagabond: Half-Elf Monk, cool name

my new guy

Jabala: Barbarian Monk no meaning, just have 50 times of either my choices being taken or too naughty I came up with it.
  20. ARCHIVED-TimToler Guest

I named my monk"Limubai" from crowching tiger.