What can we expect?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Glassjaw, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Glassjaw Active Member

There was a considerable amount of content released with CoE but it was very easy and quick to get through. Some of the guilds have already cleared all of the raid content and most of the guilds will never kill a handful of those raid mobs (on hard mode). It's nice to see more solo content with this expac and the option for easy mode raid encounters but since the release the content was blown through. Aside from scheduled raids I have zero interest in logging in to do the same old heroic instances - solo or group, farm the same zones for plat or manas or run around in circles in the guild hall. PvP/Battlegrounds are losing their ability to get players to log in, more so the open world pvp since it is nearly dead.

So as the thread is titled, "What can we expect"? I know we are on the tail end of the holidays but what are we going to see in the near future for additional content? Can we expect more raid content both x2 and x4? More heroic / solo content? If we are to expect these things how soon till we see them? Are they worth the wait? Are they worth continuing to pay subscription? I think we should see new additions to content at least every 2-3 months and the sooner the better. I feel like there is this expectation for subscribers to pay up for a year and have to deal with the same old content for that year and hope for the best with the next expac.

So what is in store for us?
  2. Archaical Active Member

Play less and enjoy more. Not a hard concept. The developers have finally realized that the majority of players are casual players that don't want to abide by a strict and extensive raid schedule. For too long they catered to the minority, hence why this game is so unpopular in the large scheme of things.

Raid Times
    Sunday: 6pm-Midnight PST
    Monday through Thursday: 8pm-Midnight PST
    Call list for Avatars
  3. Glassjaw Active Member

My concern isn't raid scheduling, it's the amount of content that we are not seeing over time that we should be. Releasing new content every 2-3 months would easily keep players more interested and appreciative. I'd like to see more activity on the testing notes section and live game update notes or even an area when they fill us in on what we can expect to see in the near future.
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Not everything is about raiding.

It's not unreasonable to ask what's next, when we might get some new content, or when we might get some of the things that seemed less that fully fleshed out in CoE fully fleshed out. It's a perfectly valid question, no matter how much you play.
    Glassjaw likes this.
  5. Jacck Active Member

Holy god, will you stop posting the raid schedule of 1 guild that even admits that they don't adhere to the hours posted and instead raid like, 2 nights a week and avatards.Your holy crusade against raiders is extremely tiring. This topic isn't even about raiding as a whole but instead on the lack of content to keep people engaged and actually wanting to log in.

It is pretty terrible that the onlyreason I log in is to raid anymore, and it isn't even because it's fun. It is now because I don't want to let friends (guild mates) down by me not logging in. Like an obligation. Even people is casual guilds that raid maybe 2 times a week for only a couple hours that I know feel the same way. It's now the feeling of "Well, if I don't log in, this can't be done and I would feel like I am letting them down."
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Pay him no mind. He finds any thread that has remotely anything to do with content being easy for even casual players and then reposts his copy-pasted Raid-Schedual he pulled form either some guild or made up. The point of an MMO is a "time-passer" with social interaction. Thus devs should want players repeating content for months on end because the longer players stay busy doing the same things for upgrades the longer they have to develop new content.

According to GP which seems Arch loves quoting.These numbers realistically include casual guilds who never touch HM or PoW.

The top 200 guilds Have cleared Temple of the Faceless minus Baelon of Thule.

Majority of the top 175 ranked guilds have cleared up to Drinal with the exception of HM-Oligar and Bastion the Immovable.

Majority of the top 125 guilds have cleared the 4 Warders in Sleepers Tomb... so they are missing HM-Sentinel and Amalgamon.

So by GP the "holy grail" of guild-ranking apparently. of the 250 some ranked guilds almost 50% of them have cleared all EM-Content. Some people do not have the commitment or desire to do HM-Content which is another type of raiding. So what are all the casual players to do? Keep bashing their heads on the same farm-able EM Content? Where is THEIR new content they can try?

Saying that only the top end raiders are clearing content is a false statement. Heroic Content is made trivial by SS EM which most Casual Guilds were clearing up to Sevalor Gorescale and Sevalak Awakened. So most guilds had a semi-full set of EM-Raid gear from SS and thus CoE is not an upgrade. There are no quests outside of the Signature line maybe except 20 across both Edilon and Obol.

CoE is a skeleton of an expansion for stuff to do and it is not just the Raiding community who is speaking out that there is little to do. I have read and heard Raiders, Soloers, Crafters and Groupers all way they are bored/wondering where their content is.

- Tradeskill writs/quests?
    - Heroic Content Quests and/or drops worth getting over SS?
    *Due to stat inflation from DoV an "Upgrade" now mean 1% more CB/Potency or +10 on a Green-Stat. Used to be .1 and +3 was desireable.

- Raid Quests or an Epic level timeline.
    - More Edilon/Obol quests that are NOT tied in with the Signature line... how about a solo-zone quest maybe for 1 Obol?
    - Heroic Shard Quests supposedly were added to ST but ST-Contested is a pain and boring to run since the stuff in there is seemingly not an upgrade regardless of if it is or not.
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Archaical Active Member

Well well well. Mr. "I hate Guildprogress.com" certainly spent some time there tonight didn't he? How can you bash the site and then quote statistics from it lol. These are the types of people we are dealing with here. No wonder they can't understand the concept of if you play alot, you will run out of content faster. The game is leaving the hardcore freak mentatlity in the dust like every other big game out there, and it is about time. Maybe they can catch up finally. Most guilds, by a huge amount, are not clearing all the raid content. End discussion.

Raid Times
    Sunday: 6pm-Midnight PST
    Monday through Thursday: 8pm-Midnight PST
    Call list for Avatars
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

If you clear or if you not clear anything, depends on you´re playstyle..... but this realy doesn´t change the way things are. Don´t get shocked, mostly that´s the "more frequently" playing peeps that stick to the game for years (which does make an income to the companys), not casual jumping through fast2play games like changing boxershorts ;)
    But beside of all those minor issues of play style.... CoE is laking of some content, didnt bother what type.... even the long signature, isn´t that long if you done it a couple of times and know where to move and what to slay.
    We do neeeeeed(!) a new epic timeline (or to start with heroic or solo), something that getting players in touch with history! Getting the player involved with some gamechanging events.... there where a very few world events that where actualy realy great and competative also.
    Well.... of course, it´s easy to say, play a few mins a day and you have plenty of days to have fun with.... but .... oh well.... i got some more spare time..... and sometimes i want to spend it at eq2 ^ ^
    Before anyone gets it wrong, i´m posting from work (at home i play and didnt post ^ ^)